Lana Baniko questions

samhinch

He was a spy in her organization, that was less about human decency and more about his job. Executing spies isn't an unheard of thing. Not sure I would call it a DS choice, but the game did. Need something to fill those DS/LS choices. :p There was no "Take prisoner" option.

So executing a man who believes in common human decency he even tells you this and if Lana was a light side sith she would understand since the player character has to deal with the same situations many times before. Normally in those situations the LS option is the spare them or forgive them. While the DS choice is normally as always to brutally kill or call for their deaths.

Considering the tastes of the dark side it sure enjoys the death of decent people.

So executing a man who believes in common human decency he even tells you this and if Lana was a light side sith she would understand since the player character has to deal with the same situations many times before. Normally in those situations the LS option is the spare them or forgive them. While the DS choice is normally as always to brutally kill or call for their deaths.

Considering the tastes of the dark side it sure enjoys the death of decent people.

Lana is a big Imperial patriot. Man's a traitor. That she decides immediately to execute him mostly just shows she's not a Jedi in the wrong faction. She's not.

The player can choose a Light side option with the traitor (run away and never come back, scum) but that's straight compassion rather than duty and makes no sense for most Imp builds. There's a similar one in the Warrior class story and I always kill that traitor too.

You committed treason against the fracking Sith Empire. What were you expecting?

Edited by Canareth

Lana is a big Imperial patriot. Man's a traitor. That she decides immediately to execute him mostly just shows she's not a Jedi in the wrong faction. She's not.

The player can choose a Light side option with the traitor (run away and never come back, scum) but that's straight compassion rather than duty and makes no sense for most Imp builds. There's a similar one in the Warrior class story and I always kill that traitor too.

You committed treason against the fracking Sith Empire. What were you expecting?

Exactly. Not that my SI is all for the Empire as it was (she was a slave in it after all and an alien), but there was no "take him prisoner" option, which I would have thought best as it would possibly allow you to prisoner exchange, but only "kill or not" and treason is treason. Even the Republic will kill for treason, only they'll give a trial first. :p

Of course I am just making the point that some people won't name them of course think she is light side when she is clearly not. When majority of the decisions you support her in are dark side.

If she was light side she would of took the action to exile him and if he returns she would take his head so to speak but that demands interaction from the player who is possibly light side. Instead of refusing to hear him and demanding the player character to execute him. I see Lana in the same way as Darth Marr or even Darth Lachris. *Shakes fist at JC*

I just don't get where people think she follows the light like our sith can do as I said before you don't get those eyes by being "nice" or compassionate so to speak. I am pretty sure she has done her own share of killing and murdering innocents.

Edited by lokdron

Of course I am just making the point that some people won't name them of course think she is light side when she is clearly not. When majority of the decisions you support her in are dark side.

If she was light side she would of took the action to exile him and if he returns she would take his head so to speak but that demands interaction from the player who is possibly light side. Instead of refusing to hear him and demanding the player character to execute him. I see Lana in the same way as Darth Marr or even Darth Lachris. *Shakes fist at JC*

I just don't get where people think she follows the light like our sith can do as I said before you don't get those eyes by being "nice" or compassionate so to speak. I am pretty sure she has done her own share of killing and murdering innocents.

Oh...as for her being light...well...*Shrug* no, I doubt she's light sided, likely dark sided leaning neutral maybe possible convertable to the light side, but never to the Jedi way of thinking.

I just disagree that her wanting the spy beheaded is a dark sided action. You catch a spy, you either kill the spy or you capture the spy, you don't let them just walk away.

Oh...as for her being light...well...*Shrug* no, I doubt she's light sided, likely dark sided leaning neutral maybe possible convertable to the light side, but never to the Jedi way of thinking.

I just disagree that her wanting the spy beheaded is a dark sided action. You catch a spy, you either kill the spy or you capture the spy, you don't let them just walk away.

Well I recall encountering a certain imperial spy with my Jedi knight on taris and now? He is working for the republic you could execute him of course which is a dark side action or allow him to walk(where he joins the republic) or take him prisoner. I believe even if he is a spy and was my enemy I could clearly see he was a good man and it would not be right or good to chop his head off.

Oh and normally the dark side does not care why you are killing someone if the person is a decent or a good person the dark side would get a kick out of his death. The dark side loves the death and suffering of good people hence why you score dark side points even if he was a spy if you kill him as lana says instead of letting him run.

He did what he did because well as he said empire is a brutal regime he does not hate lana but as he said he believes in treating people better. With him saying that of course the dark side would be happy with his death it loves people like that being killed.

I understand the pragmatism but the force does not operate that way.

Its like this here is an example Is this person innocent/good/decent person? If so the light prefers saving these kinds of people and forgiving those who want to redeem themselves. While the dark side? It loves corruption, suffering and death of said people it does not care if they were a spy or even a civilian.

You snuffed out their life so the dark side creeps in because its quite happy with the result and allows you an easier connection to it depending on how far you are along with the dark side. Hence why you normally get a lot of points of harming said people in the game.

The force does not care that he was a spy helping the enemy the force cares because you allowed execution of a good man full stop that's how far it goes. Hence the respective side of the force "rewards" your accordingly depending on how you handled him.

Well people have different opinions on such things I will leave it at that.

Edited by lokdron

Well I recall encountering a certain spy with my Jedi knight on taris and now? He is working for the republic you could execute him of course which is a dark side action or allow him to walk(where he joins the republic) or take him prisoner. I believe the reason was even if he is a spy I could clearly see he was a good man and it would not be right or good to chop his head off.

Oh and normally the dark side does not care why you are killing someone if the person is a decent or a good person the dark side would get a kick out of his death. The dark side loves the death and suffering of good people hence why you score dark side points even if he was a spy if you kill him as lana says instead of letting him run.

He did what he did because well as he said empire is a brutal regime he does not hate lana but as he said he believes in treating people better. With him saying that of course the dark side would be happy with his death it loves people like that being killed.

I understand the pragmatism but the force does not operate that way.

Its like this here is an example Is this person innocent/good/decent person? If so the light prefers saving these kinds of people and forgiving those who want to redeem themselves. While the dark side? It loves corruption, suffering and death of said people it does not care for their motives or reasons hence why you normally get a lot of points of harming said people in the game.

"We could let him go free, the spy who had important info on us that he may have yet been unable to give it all to the enemy...or kill him."

Spy 2: I believe in the Empire because I believe we need a tighter leash around the people's throats to ensure out safety. By forcing everyone to be lowly but equal...inferior to their government...we will have safety and peace. The masses themselves will not fight for they will all be equal in the eyes of their government. Lowly people ready to serve their government.

"We could let him go free, the spy who had important info on us that he may have yet been unable to give it all to the enemy...or kill him."

Spy 2: I believe in the Empire because I believe we need a tighter leash around the people's throats to ensure out safety. By forcing everyone to be lowly but equal...inferior to their government...we will have safety and peace. The masses themselves will not fight for they will all be equal in the eyes of their government. Lowly people ready to serve their government.

Of course kill him then to protect the empire's secrets but the force does not really operate on "logic" or pragmatism.

Edited by lokdron

Of course you kill him then to protect the empire's secrets but the force does not operate on "logic" or pragmatism.

That's true. Just saying, you either kill him or take him prisoner, sadly prisoner was not an option :/

That said, if I hadn't planned for my SI to flirt with Lana, I may have had my anti Empire Darth (even if she was light sided and they called her Darth Imperious) let him go, just to mess with the Empire. :p