Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hammer Shot misses with 100+ % accuracy

Only-a-Lad

I know Hammer Shot is such a low damage attack that it can't be bothered with but there are times you still need a filler.

When running a 100% or more accuracy it still shows up with misses in my parses.

Looking at the folks who posted their parses on parsely.io, I see the same for them.

Other than jokes about troopers and their accuracy, is there some reasoning behind the misses if your at 100% accuracy?

Edited by Only-a-Lad

I know Hammer Shot is such a low damage attack that it can't be bothered with but there are times you still need a filler.

When running a 100% or more accuracy it still shows up with misses in my parses.

Looking at the folks who posted their parses on parsely.io, I see the same for them.

Other than jokes about troopers missing their shots, is there some reasoning behind the misses if your at 100% accuracy?

Only imperial Storm Troopers fire with such accuracy

There are 2 levels of accuracy, basic and special. Basic applies to your free attack, Hammer Shots. Special is every other attack. You need to try to get your basic to 100% and special to 110%. This is because most, if not all, bosses and the practice dummy have 10% defense. Your special attacks are hitting for 110% with 10% defended, so they don't miss. Your Hammer Shots hit with 100%, but they are defended 10% of the time, so you'll see some misses.

There are 2 levels of accuracy, basic and special.

Yep. I'm referring to 100% or greater "Range Accuracy" (basic) and not "Tech Accuracy" (special).

Are you sure you're not looking at Mercenary parses? There is a difference, because of the off-hand.

I'm filtering by Commando / Assault on parsely.io as well as viewing my own parses.

Gunnery spec shows the same thing.

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard

Filter by commando, discipline and select view log for that player on the right.

Then the "Damage Done" tab. Scroll down.

Edited by Only-a-Lad

"Our internal metrics showed that some commandos/mercenaries were capable dealing damage/healing in warzones. This was not intended with the launch of 3.0, so we fixed this problem by making all commando/mercenary abilities have 10% chance to fail (including buff and healing actions as well). We hope thi.... [creator of this article had to go, had some ideas to increase inquisitor survivability]"

Mined data from BW

Erm.. is that a joke? Sorry, with the way Bioware does things sometimes it gives me doubt lol.

Guess I needed to clarify that these are ops parses and not warzones.

Its a joke.

Anyway, if you mouse over Accuracy in the "Ranged" menu, it says:

Ranged Accuracy: 90% + x% (Rating) + y% (Bonus)

Special Accuracy: 100% + x% (Rating) + y% (Bonus)

And in the tech menu

Tech Accuracy: 100% + x% (Rating) + y% (Bonus)

The only thing to use Ranged accuracy is Hammer Shots

Special accuracy is all your attacks that do weapon damage besides hammer shots

And tech accuracy is all your tech attacks.

Bosses + the ops training dummy have 10% defense and resist chance, meaning its the equivalent of a 10% accuracy debuff. With no accuracy whatsoever, its the equivalent of having your base accuracy saying 80%, with 90% under tech + special accuracy.

In other words, without 20% accuracy, hammer shots will miss sometimes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.