I would love to see lower level devoted allies gear.

Conundrum-NSA

Jut make it purchasable (and reasonably priced), not a weekly. A daily would be OK too, but you would need one every 10 levels or so.

It would solve a few problems.

1) The "SURPRISE! You have to take this companion that you have never geared on this mission" issue.

2) People really don't experiment with companions because it's a pain to gear them, even if you do it buying cheap stuff on the GTN. Most people just decide or ask who the best companion is for a class and use them full time.

I don't think this is needed thanks to the presence system boosting your companions stats and the fact that it's real easy to keep a companion up to date for the area you intend to use them in along with yourself.

It also wouldn't hurt anything, and I doubt it would require much development time to do.

Jut make it purchasable (and reasonably priced), not a weekly. A daily would be OK too, but you would need one every 10 levels or so.

It would solve a few problems.

1) The "SURPRISE! You have to take this companion that you have never geared on this mission" issue.

2) People really don't experiment with companions because it's a pain to gear them, even if you do it buying cheap stuff on the GTN. Most people just decide or ask who the best companion is for a class and use them full time.

I agree, with a few different suggestions.

1) Make it purchase able at the current level: But make the quest reward before a SURPRISE include some level gear for the comp, at least like in the Jedi Knight end of class fight.Doesn't have to be op, but for example with BH, I hadn't used mako since I got my second comp and she was still in street slicer gear.

2) Make the weekly a higher rating, 198, or add set bonuses to the current gear. A weekly is the easiest way in swtor history to gear a comp, so I'm not too adverse to it staying at 192 or making getting 198 a lot harder than a weekly, but if you're going to implement easier gearing it would only make sense to implement it for higher ratings.

3) If you want to make it so Prefered players can't get the best comp gear, that's a pretty crappy restriction considering they can't get it any other way exepct buying from crafters, but make it so they can at least use a lesser version like 190.

Edited by Lord_Trenzalore

Neither would new armor set models for the player character, which I think would be better focused on if they are going to allocate resources for new items.

Ahh the old "It doesn't benefit me, so I will try to shoot it down philosophy".

Edited by Conundrum-NSA

Neither would new armor set models for the player character, which I think would be better focused on if they are going to allocate resources for new items.

You do realize this isn't an either or situation right? SWTOR may not be the biggest game, but it's funded very well. Despite stuff like the basic temple chair fix, Most of the code is in place for both of these implementations, it isn't much harder than changing variables.

I agree, with a few different suggestions.

1) Make it purchase able at the current level: But make the quest reward before a SURPRISE include some level gear for the comp, at least like in the Jedi Knight end of class fight.Doesn't have to be op, but for example with BH, I hadn't used mako since I got my second comp and she was still in street slicer gear.

2) Make the weekly a higher rating, 198, or add set bonuses to the current gear. A weekly is the easiest way in swtor history to gear a comp, so I'm not too adverse to it staying at 192 or making getting 198 a lot harder than a weekly, but if you're going to implement easier gearing it would only make sense to implement it for higher ratings.

3) If you want to make it so Prefered players can't get the best comp gear, that's a pretty crappy restriction considering they can't get it any other way exepct buying from crafters, but make it so they can at least use a lesser version like 190.

I said for leveling, so making it a weekly would be bad and render it useless. In fact, even making it a daily would not be good. I just needs to be purchasable.

You do realize this isn't an either or situation right? SWTOR may not be the biggest game, but it's funded very well. Despite stuff like the basic temple chair fix, Most of the code is in place for both of these implementations, it isn't much harder than changing variables.

It's a common MMO problem on the forums. If something doesn't directly benefit THEM, they will try to shoot down suggestions. It's a very greedy and self centered mentality.

(also, before someone says I do the same thing to raid content. Raids require MUCH more dev time than this would.)

Ahh the old "It doesn't benefit me, so I will try to shoot it down philosophy".

That's where you're wrong, as it would benefit everyone including me, but there are just as many easy options already implemented in game to where those resources could be used on other new armor and weapon models.

That's where you're wrong, as it would benefit everyone including me, but there are just as many easy options already implemented in game to where those resources could be used on other new armor and weapon models.

Yeah, that's like saying raids benefit me even though I never plan to do one.

You are still doing exactly what I said.

Personally I end up with more than enough comms to keep any companion I need or want to use equipped. On the surprise, you must use this companion situations, I swap out the gear from my current companion that I can, and its enough to get me through. It would be nice, but idk if there is such a big problem to warrant the changes really.

Yeah, that's like saying raids benefit me even though I never plan to do one.

You are still doing exactly what I said.

Nope, the only thing I'm doing is sharing my opinion in an open discussion on a forum about the subject the thread was created about. There's no need to be getting upset because someone is disagreeing with you.

Nope, the only thing I'm doing is sharing my opinion in an open discussion on a forum about the subject the thread was created about. There's no need to be getting upset because someone is disagreeing with you.

Goes to motive for disagreement. You aren't looking out for the game, you are looking out for you. Either way, I'm done with you.

It's a simple idea that would require minimal effort to implement if it were placed on vendors.

Goes to motive for disagreement. You aren't looking out for the game, you are looking out for you. Either way, I'm done with you.

It's a simple idea that would require minimal effort to implement if it were placed on vendors.

Don't make threads on a open discussion if you can't handle people disagreeing with your idea. And btw that's just it an idea. Not all ideas are good and all are open to debate.

I'm not sure if that idea would solve any problem. I wouldn't buy armor for companions, I will never use. If they really want, you to have all companions equipped with good gear, they should reward you with equipment for all companions during the main quest and let it sell for only 1 credit.

You could also just test a companion, when you get him. And imo the game should never force you to take a specififc companion to a quest(other than companion quests).

Edited by hanebuch

Nevermind, was with this when I thought he was talking about end game. Leveling a comps gear is very easy even for multiple, and you can easily afford to put all your comps in 178 min by endgame.

By endgame all your comps are in 192.. since you get it from weeklies for free...