Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Are Treek and HK really the best companions?

Revoltan

Alright so i realize there is a bunch of threads which ask this same question across the web, but i cant seem to find any that are up to date with Shadow of Revan.

So if I gear my HK and another DPS companion in the Yavin 4 192 gear will HK out DPS the other comp?

Same question for Treek. Are they really better in combat or should i just send them on companion missions instead.

Im mainly curious because ive been using them for so long im starting to get sick of them. I'd rather have Vette in a bikini follow me around than a lamer version of HK-47.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "best".

There are good synergy choices depending on your play style, class and spec however.

I see. Makes sense. Thanks for the help! You just saved me from another 6 hr HK mission grind.

I see. Makes sense. Thanks for the help! You just saved me from another 6 hr HK mission grind.

Hey no problem. Though you can buy him for 1 million credits in your legacy if that is easier for you.

6 hours though? Even with poor luck digging for parts the only "hard ones" to get are getting a buddy to help with False Emperor and/or Hardmode Maelstrom Prison/Foundry. I have done it probably 10-12 times total (and bought the rest with credits) and find that having that extra companion is very helpful for crew skill missions at least.

Up to you of course.

Alright so i realize there is a bunch of threads which ask this same question across the web, but i cant seem to find any that are up to date with Shadow of Revan.

So if I gear my HK and another DPS companion in the Yavin 4 192 gear will HK out DPS the other comp?

Same question for Treek. Are they really better in combat or should i just send them on companion missions instead.

Im mainly curious because ive been using them for so long im starting to get sick of them. I'd rather have Vette in a bikini follow me around than a lamer version of HK-47.

Just don't take her to Hoth while she is wearing that. You'll get on her bad side real quick. :p

Hey no problem. Though you can buy him for 1 million credits in your legacy if that is easier for you.

6 hours though? Even with poor luck digging for parts the only "hard ones" to get are getting a buddy to help with False Emperor and/or Hardmode Maelstrom Prison/Foundry. I have done it probably 10-12 times total (and bought the rest with credits) and find that having that extra companion is very helpful for crew skill missions at least.

Up to you of course.

I do realize he is 1 mil, tho i'd prefer to do a bit of work and get him free instead. Also 6 hrs is just an estimate, but it seems about right to me (from the very start to the very end of the mission). And lastly i agree his crew skills do help quite a bit, its just not worth that annoying grind or 1 mil to me. Thats just my opinion though.

Up to you of course.

You don't even need help with the FPs anymore, they are utterly trivial now, I find it far more annoying scanning for the parts :)

Without a doubt, treek is the best healer/tank comp. But I've found that Kira does better damage most of the time compared to HK. Just my 2 cents

I will take Khem, Corso or Scorpio over Tweek. To busy running her mouth. I only use her with Commandos. TBH the tanks need a lot of work. If you use certain skills snipe whatever they just stand there. It has been that way since the beginning. You need to use attack on your tank. Then use those certain skills.

Assuming they fall in line like 186 gear parses will be saber users > HK > blaster/rifle users. They are all close enough (couple hundred dps) it will boil down to personal preference. As far as Treek goes she heals the same as other comps. She just tends to put more dps out then other healers so less combat time and required healing. The added dps plus her self heals tend to make her the best tank comp. But again not so much better that she is must have.

I enjoy having HK with my BH main (Bodyguard Merc), but between him and Torian, it's a toss up between whom I prefer fighting with. Depends more on if the fight environments allow for leaping companions to leap (Lost Island, Blood Hunt being a couple of examples I can think of right away).

As for the best companion in the game? Depends on your preferred combat style. My Merc stands back and shoots and heal, but my Operative runs into to stab and heal. I prefer using DPS companions, so in those cases I have HK/Torian (to gather mobs together so I can missile/DFA), or Temple/Vector/Scorpio (depending on the fight if I use Scorpio).

I despise Treek because of her chatter and Healers really love spamming their AoE Heals while I'm running around. Most Treek's noises drive me up the wall. So I've never purchased her in any way, shape, or form.

But back to the OP, Treek/HK being better than the others? Depends on how you want to fight. Crew skills wise, yes since they're generic in boosts. Combat flexibility, Treek is better than most being a healer/tank ( rest are all heal/DPS, DPS, Tank/DPS options) while HK is a pure DPS. And a beast in 192 Yavin gear, or the even better cybertech crafted 180-something droid gear.

HK is also very slow in comparison.

I use Treek a lot on my sith warriors to replace the standard douchebag healer whose name I shall not mention but HK, though I have it on a couple of characters I don't really use anymore at all.

Treek seems to have the best script for healing and tanking. She seems to excel at both roles, and since she heals herself while tanking, she becomes more effective than other tanking companions.

HK doesn't do much more damage than most other DPS companions, but he does have that one insta-kill ability that can be used against silvers, and that saves alot of time if there is more than one silver in the mob that you're gonna fight.

A mob of 1 silver and 1 gold is suddenly reduced to just 1 gold. That makes a whole lot of difference :)

I like Akaavi Spar for my scoundrel for example. She can take some damage in heavy armor and she deals out good dps. So that works for me. My sage has two tank companions, one range, one melee. Never bothered with Treek.

HK was for my smuggler. I like all of my companions smuggler wise so that was a bust really. was my waste of time.

HK is also very slow in comparison.

I use Treek a lot on my sith warriors to replace the standard douchebag healer whose name I shall not mention but HK, though I have it on a couple of characters I don't really use anymore at all.

This is also my main reason for using Treek on my warriors although I get a bit tired of her constant chatter, it's too bad I still have that ***** stood on my bridge though :(

For what it's worth, I don't think they're needed or the best.

I like HK a lot as a companion, but have never unlocked Treek because I have no interest in having an ugly ewok running around after me making weird noises. I use heal and tank companions frequently, whatever's needed for the situation, and have never had issues with them--so while Treek is a good companion you don't NEED her.

I used to unlock HK on every character but then got tired of wasting credits/CCs to keep unlocking him--so I stopped. I haven't noticed leveling or dailies going any slower on my characters without HK.

these are my thoughts right now im lvling a sniper (48) i used kayilo till i got temple now i use her but what i do is keep treek tank geared close to my lvl either hand me downs or i keep a few dif lvl legacy sets rdy to go to switch off to alt lvling anyway my principle is i use regular companions but on the occasions where i face a tough boss or want to speed thru an old FP i pull out treek to tank heck when i was 30's we had our tank drop out in mandalorian FP and i had treek tank final boss just had to put her on passive when i needed her to kite the boss. worked great..

so i say shes great to have if you need her but i use normal companions mostly. :cool:

Its "horses for courses" for me... my most common approach is to use a melee dps, they seem to segue with my playstyle the best, enabling me to control the fight (I tend to play heals).

There are occasions when I want to employ HK's assassinate ability and as such will use him for that. I rarely if ever use Treek, too much overlap with my char to be particularly useful.

On occasion I will use a tank, and when I do its usually a melee tank, since again it enables me to control the fight better.

The legacy of rakata fp, for example, which I solo farm for gear... I tend to start it with Nadia, switch to HK and then finish it with Qyzen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.