The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it viable to use partial tank gear as dps in solo queue (arenas)?

Capote

In rounds in which you'll be obvious target for tunneling (as almost always), is it viable to use some tank gear as a DPS? Has anyone tested that? In that case, which pieces? Edited by Capote

In rounds in which you'll be obvious target for tunneling (as almost always), is it viable to use some tank gear as a DPS? Has anyone tested that? In that case, which pieces?

mm was wondering this myself as I'm about to fully gear out my level 60 vanguard (have over 22k wz)

You can be dps spec with dps gear. You can be tank with tank gear. You can be skanktank with tank spec and dps gear. But mixing them is ****.

Btw many ppl say that tank stats are useless in pvp tanking (due to mostly yellow dmg and the many crits that bypass shield) so as tank your only focus is Endurance.

You can be dps spec with dps gear. You can be tank with tank gear. You can be skanktank with tank spec and dps gear. But mixing them is ****.

Btw many ppl say that tank stats are useless in pvp tanking (due to mostly yellow dmg and the many crits that bypass shield) so as tank your only focus is Endurance.

Crits do not bypass shield. Crit and Shield are on the same RNG roll so that you cannot get both a crit and a shield at the same time. The only time crit pushes shield off is if the sum of crit% and target's shield% exceed 100%. Outside of autocrits nobody has enough crit to actually do that.

Also "yellow" damage only ignores defense chance, it is however affected by shielding.

Edited by Zoom_VI