Commandos

Zoom_VI

I am currently running a new level 58 Arsenal Merc with 9 augments, stim and of course 2018.

Everything is setup for 100% mobility, but the build have very little survivability. Great initial burst but Energy Shield and Kolto Overload are subpar defensive skills to put it mildly. I find it silly that I can EASILY survive longer on lightning sage than this merc.

yes but arsenal won't take ages to burst down someone like lolthning

yes but arsenal won't take ages to burst down someone like lolthning

Lightning's burst is not as bad as people think. and gunnery's burst is not as high as certain individuals think. Unfortunately people in this game only view burst by blue moon biggest hit numbers and nothing else.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Lightning's burst is not as bad as people think. and gunnery's burst is not as high as certain individuals think. Unfortunately people in this game only view burst by blue moon biggest hit numbers and nothing else.

nope zoom, i have both sorcerer and mercenary, and i play mostly merc imp side, u know why ? Simple, i enjoy high burst specs and i find in arsenal what i seek, i just do not log my sorc anymore after the lol nerf to the spec, and im not talking about F storm, which was needed ofc.

Thats now i main a vanguard though, im just tiired to be speced burst spec when the burst islaughable when my vanguard ( heavily bad geared if compared with sorc ) can easily hit 14k cell burst even now

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

Thats now i main a vanguard though, im just tiired to be speced burst spec when the burst islaughable when my vanguard ( heavily bad geared if compared with sorc ) can easily hit 14k cell burst even now

AP Powertech burst is definitely bonkers. It's my character of choice for arenas.

However, 8v8 - playing melee can be a chore sometimes. It can be nice to sit in the back and blow people up.

nope zoom, i have both sorcerer and mercenary, and i play mostly merc imp side, u know why ? Simple, i enjoy high burst specs and i find in arsenal what i seek, i just do not log my sorc anymore after the lol nerf to the spec, and im not talking about F storm, which was needed ofc.

14k Cell Bursts are the exception not the norm, typical hits are 11k -13k coming from a VG that power and surge stacks like it's going out of style.

You comment is what I mean by judging specs by "blue moon biggest hits."

Lightning's burst may not be as impressive as AP, but it can still hit hard. Thundering Blast + Thundering blast (Forked Darkness) hitting at the same time as a Chain Lightning + Chain Lightning (Forked Lightning) can be quite nasty, especially under the Polarity window, especially given how much better Lightning's target control is versus Gunnery or AP.

AP Powertech burst is definitely bonkers. It's my character of choice for arenas.

However, 8v8 - playing melee can be a chore sometimes. It can be nice to sit in the back and blow people up.

Is it your character of choice for arenas because it's good or because of how bad the rest of the options for the trooper class are?

Edited by Zoom_VI

14k Cell Bursts are the exception not the norm, typical hits are 11k -13k coming from a VG that power and surge stacks like it's going out of style.

You comment is what I mean by judging specs by "blue moon biggest hits."

Lightning's burst may not be as impressive as AP, but it can still hit hard. Thundering Blast + Thundering blast (Forked Darkness) hitting at the same time as a Chain Lightning + Chain Lightning (Forked Lightning) can be quite nasty, especially under the Polarity window, especially given how much better Lightning's target control is versus Gunnery or AP.

Is it your character of choice for arenas because it's good or because of how bad the rest of the options for the trooper class are?

yes it may sound i judge burst drom big crits, but i assure you TD + chain hits hard only when crits, otherwise 4k, and maybe less, forked darkness and lightning now with nerf are a myth like the parking in front of your home. Plus bonu set are pure garbage. Sorcs are fine only because they are mobil and have kite tools, which is the same advantage powertechs have. when it comes to burst sorcs need to remain silent, is the sad true after 3+ years as light sorcerer. its not a " buff sorc whine" is just my thought, already abbandoned him

yes it may sound i judge burst drom big crits, but i assure you TD + chain hits hard only when crits, otherwise 4k, and maybe less, forked darkness and lightning now with nerf are a myth like the parking in front of your home. Plus bonu set are pure garbage. Sorcs are fine only because they are mobil and have kite tools, which is the same advantage powertechs have. when it comes to burst sorcs need to remain silent, is the sad true after 3+ years as light sorcerer. its not a " buff sorc whine" is just my thought, already abbandoned him

I've been playing around in yolo trying to maximize cell burst. it doesn't really happen. like...ever. gut debuff (blood tracker) + ss debuff (serrated blades) + TD debuff. that's quite a lot of setup, and more often than not, the actual dmg of TD is mitigated. gawd, that's frustrating. is there anything as obviously telegraphed as TD? I think maybe target lock?

iunno. it's doable in regs, of course, but in yolo it feels like I have to run out naked into the middle of a firing squad in order to line all that up. iunno what ppl are doing. (been playing a ton of games in pyro just cause so having trouble adjusting to SC being so useless as a bailout -- the 7 missiles actually feel like ED in regs)

Edited by foxmob

Powertech overperforming is more a happy bi-product that accompanies the fact that playing Mercenary in arenas is awful. I like Bounty Hunters in general, so I play one or the other. I like Mercenary more, though. It was my original class when the game came out.