<Invictus> New money farm guide: Maximum funds per hour; 900k on average.

I was talking about black hole, never heard of anyone and using Illum. And jesus...this is easy cash, the items sell for 1-3k, 40k in 5 mins is what I average, how is this a bad thing? I was just trying to help, figured some people could use it...

Its not that you are offering an alternative that is the problem. It is that you advertise it as 900k per hour on average when in reality it is far far far far less, unless you have a group to burn through it faster and even then that is the total amount split by everyone, not what you end up with. People are not fans of false advertising.

Edited by HelinCarnate

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that you are offering an alternative that is the problem. It is that you advertise it as 900k on average when in reality it is far far far far less, unless you have a group to burn through it faster and even then that is the total amount split by everyone, not what you end up with. People are not fans of false advertising.

I said maximum, I put it in bold and italic. Is this server no longer the bastion? Are guilds no longer a thing? Even with 4 people each makes more than the alternative, I advertised it as 900k max because I fully believe a 198 with augs could do it in 2m, since my 190 sniper can do it in 4.5m If you read, I said the maximum was 900k on average. I havent gotten more than 600k in an hour yet, but I'm confident 900k is possible.

Edited by Lord_Trenzalore

I said maximum, I put it in bold and italic. Is this server no longer the bastion? Are guilds no longer a thing? Even with 4 people each makes more than the alternative, I advertised it as 900k max because I fully believe a 198 with augs could do it in 2m, since my 190 sniper can do it in 4.5m If you read, I said the maximum was 900k on average. I havent gotten more than 600k in an hour yet, but I'm confident 900k is possible.

"Maximum on average." Is it the max or is it the average?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Thanks for the tip OP. This is a good way to earn credits, without worry of competition.

@ All the haters in this thread: It's a tip, a guide, a handy piece of information for people that might not have a "secret cash farm". This eliminates competition, so it doesn't take anything away from anyone.

@ All the haters in this thread: It's a tip, a guide, a handy piece of information for people that might not have a "secret cash farm". This eliminates competition, so it doesn't take anything away from anyone.

I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'm only saying that its as good as many other places, and the OPs insistence of 900K is based on his dream of doing 2m Torvix runs solo... a feat that no one has yet reported.

So, until we have some confirmation of 2m Torvix runs, the OP should have put the actual amount in the title. But he didn't. He exaggerated. And there's nothing terribly complex or tricky here, yet instead of just saying: "You can make a lot of money doing Torvix runs", he tried to get everyone to watch his Youtube video.

I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'm only saying that its as good as many other places, and the OPs insistence of 900K is based on his dream of doing 2m Torvix runs solo... a feat that no one has yet reported.

So, until we have some confirmation of 2m Torvix runs, the OP should have put the actual amount in the title. But he didn't. He exaggerated. And there's nothing terribly complex or tricky here, yet instead of just saying: "You can make a lot of money doing Torvix runs", he tried to get everyone to watch his Youtube video.

My intent was never to mislead anyone, I don't care about views on a yt channel. Look at the art, I made it for my guild so I could upload our raids etc, guides to help the new members, and more. I'm not the best at star wars, this was the first really good thing I figured out myself. The 900k wasn't meant to be click bait, I haven't slept and maybe I should have phrased it differantly, but in my mind I was thinking if I could do it in 4 mins, I'm sure there's people that can do it in two. I don't know any combo's etc, and my main issue was running out of energy. When I said it, I was thinking those who could should be able to easily. If I could change it I would, a little too late for that.

And it isn't a full run, it's a quick sweep of the first floor, then aggro all on the second floor, and burn them to hell.And while 900k requires 2m run, it's not like taking a little longer will cost you a ton. Theres 600k of wiggle room between this and the old one

Edited by Lord_Trenzalore

First off, apologies to the OP about panicking over the link. I can be slightly clueless on occasion, and so didn't realize what the format of the shortcut meant.

I will say though, I don't see how this can be cleared in 2 minutes. it takes a minute or so just to navigate the instance even without the fighting. I tried it with my gunslinger in 186/190 gear with Treek on healing mode, and it took me about 8 minutes or so to clear everything but the last boss. I made around 40k counting selling off junk drops.

Probably ok if one is bored and doesn't mind that kind of grind, but I can't see it being cleared that quickly.

Which is typical of the 'gold / credit' farming guides - instead of putting realistic numbers in link titles, they use outlandish claims of riches as click bait.

Illum heroic farm....try it. puts the rest of this threads suggestions to shame.

Lol, so this is why there are always 60's slaughering every single mob in the heroic areas on ilum, while completely ignoring the quest objectives. First I thought they were in a killing frenzy, then I assumed it's a conquest thing. Now it makes sense. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

I have no idea why a tip for making credits is getting so much negativity. Thanks for the guide OP!

Because it is a load of hogwash and click-bait for his vid.

It's the average of the maximum

You know, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Edited by branmakmuffin

To be honest this looks like a great way to slowly lose my mind. Killing the same things over and over and over and over ............... all in a timely fashion too, can't let those hourly returns go down you know ;)

Thank you for the info OP but I think I'll stick to GTN trading.

Because it is a load of hogwash and click-bait for his vid.

You know, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The average of the maximum is the average of the total ammount you can make. It's called the average of the maximum because it's the most SWTOR allows you to make, based on how often quests can reset. To calculate the true maximum I'd have to account for every mob drop of every rarity and see how many mobs can drop items/money at the most

The average of the maximum is the average of the total ammount you can make. It's called the average of the maximum because it's the most SWTOR allows you to make, based on how often quests can reset. To calculate the true maximum I'd have to account for every mob drop of every rarity and see how many mobs can drop items/money at the most

Lol what? Did you bother reading that before you posted it?

Guess tnx are in order for making the video and pointing this out to ppl who are looking for 1 way of farming creds....

Ilum heroic area mindless mob grind killing would be another option, there are such areas to be found even on Makeb aswell as a certain heroic area on Voss which is inside a cave, same for Corellia with a heroic+2 which can be repeated and takes place in a rather small area. (strong Aoe specs tend to have it easier, go in, kill mobs, go out, reset, rinse repeat)

For ppl who want to make credits, do the daily areas...it gets tedious after several runs but you can always change it up a bit and a good geared 60 can do them relatively fast, pretty much any of the daily qs and it gets easier the more often you do it...

I prefer crew skills and the gtn, altough I confess never to have had 10mill as I like to waste my creds on packs, which usually drop items not worth half the packs price (defo going for that damn Wealthy achievement tho before the expansion) :rolleyes:

There are other, much faster ways to grind cash. And you don't have to fight with other people. Was getting over a mil creds in about 15min worth of work.

Just a FYI though, posting stuff like this in the forums is bound to bring an incoming nerf to coin drops.

Meh, the Corellia loot cave gives way more credits per hour than this. That takes me about 2:50 pulling and spamming force storm. There is no possible way to clear Torvix in 2 mins. Especially with the elevators stopping you from pulling everything. Edited by DarthZaul