KotFE and HK-51 & Treek?

MrBorsh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson to lady Insanity"s talk to the dev's

They said that you will keep HK and Treek.

saw this, and noticed people still weren't taking note of it, so i figured it bore repeating

I was reading the comments on YouTube and I saw this:

In regards to our current companions, Ashe said, "They'll be NPCs and we'll be looking for them once we get out of carbonite. To what extent, however, I am not sure. We can kill some of them as well. I'm still unsure of Treek and HK, but will find out next round. But you will have new companions when you start in Chapter 3."

So she doesn't know about HK or Treek yet.

likely HK and Treek will be waiting on your ship (on considering that I'm kinda attached to my ships, I'd rather not end up with a single generic ship for every character). may or may not get one shot quests with them to confirm why they are back.

Nico? I would imagine that we either get a quest for him at the ship's quest terminal (same one you get forged alliances etc from - and it will work sorta like getting a quest for Treek) or he's going to be waiting with quest mark above him in some spot that you will get funneled to while playing the story.

I believe the ship will probably be Koth Vortena's ship, since he and HK-55 are helping Lana resue us.

Edited by neoraFIVE

I believe the ship will probably be Koth Vortena's ship, since he and HK-55 are helping Lana resue us.

That's most likely just for the first few chapters. I'm betting you'll recover your ship sometime down the line, and that's assuming the ship Koth Vortena rescues you with isn't your ship in the first place.

A simple confirmation by Eric or someone saying like "Yes, you will be able to use Treek and HK-51 in KotFE" would be good enough for me. I mean, what is the biggest spoiler here? That we know that we will get Lana as our first companion and that she wakes us from carbonite, or BioWare saying "Yes, you will keep Treek and HK-51"?

How will this work? Both HK-51 and Treek are companions which does not directly involve the lore of The Old Republic.

Will we loose them to?

If yes, will we be able to recruit them over again? And if we can, will those who didn't get HK-51 and Treek be able to recruit them?

If no, then why? They were never directly involved in the lore. Plus that HK-51 is obtained through Section X where you need to be either a subscriber or have the Section X pass from the Cartel Market. To obtain Treek, you need legacy level 40 in order to buy the quest which will give you him, or you could do it with Cartel coins.

But in general this is a very confusing question with probably a very confusion answer which I'd want answered.

You keep them. BioWare meant the actual companions you recruited in your storyline. NOT the one's that were additional.

A simple confirmation by Eric or someone saying like "Yes, you will be able to use Treek and HK-51 in KotFE" would be good enough for me. I mean, what is the biggest spoiler here? That we know that we will get Lana as our first companion and that she wakes us from carbonite, or BioWare saying "Yes, you will keep Treek and HK-51"?

There are stil a few months left until launch, perhaps they have not decided yet.

Where in the video does she say that?

I discussed this on the previous page:

I was reading the comments on YouTube and I saw this:

In regards to our current companions, Ashe said, "They'll be NPCs and we'll be looking for them once we get out of carbonite. To what extent, however, I am not sure. We can kill some of them as well. I'm still unsure of Treek and HK, but will find out next round. But you will have new companions when you start in Chapter 3."

So she doesn't know about HK or Treek yet.

Can be totally wrong here but this is what i expect:

Given that there will be new HK in new content,i assume that old HK will go poof. Probably due to dialogue problems.

Treek's "dialogue" is cheap to make so fur ball will probably be available during new content too.

I assume Bioware will add some kind of "meditation/dream state" mechanics via which we will be able to access old areas and there only old companions will be available.

Can be totally wrong here but this is what i expect:

Given that there will be new HK in new content,i assume that old HK will go poof. Probably due to dialogue problems.

Treek's "dialogue" is cheap to make so fur ball will probably be available during new content too.

I assume Bioware will add some kind of "meditation/dream state" mechanics via which we will be able to access old areas and there only old companions will be available.

While it's possible I doubt HK will go "poof". Lots of people invested time and money in him. Will I mind? Not really, but there would definitely be an uproar.

We really need a confirmation that they aren't going to take away companions paid for with real money? At worst they will be temporarily locked out until we reach a certain point in the story.

While it's possible I doubt HK will go "poof". Lots of people invested time and money in him. Will I mind? Not really, but there would definitely be an uproar.

I would mind. for the sole reason of going three times through the frustration of searching for parts (screw you, Taris and Dromuund Kaas - only did it to see differences per faction and third time cause I forgot how much it annoyed me and couple of friends wanted to do the chain) plus paying once to unlock it on a lvl 1 character and regretting it almost immediately.

but yeah, I doubt HK 51 will go poof. I would be mildly disappointed though if there's no dialogue between HK 51 and HK 55 of any sort :p

I discussed this on the previous page:

Yeah I know, I wanted the people I quoted to respond because it's annoying when people spread false info or just lie like that.

This was cut content that supposedly will not make it into KotFE.

Yeah it was stated that was cut content but see the thing is that Blur (the studio that did the trailer) would've never gotten far enough along in production of the trailer to render anything that would've gotten cut. In other words they (Blur) would've known the Malgus stuff was cut before they started rendering the trailer because when it comes to animation you don't cut fully completed footage. Animation always has a long enough lead time that the studio always knows exactly what's going to be in/on the screen and what isn't.

The easiest way I think I can describe it is to think about the fact that you've never seen fully animated/rendered/completed deleted scenes for a Pixar movie, or an episode of a cartoon, or anything like that. Whenever you see Deleted Scenes for something that's animated they're always animatics, ie Storyboards + Voices. It's not like live action movies/shows where you shoot everything then decide what to cut, animation always knows what is getting cut before it gets animated/finished because it's way too expensive to have fully finished animated content that gets cut.

That's why I think the whole "Malgus is/was cut content" is a bunch of BS that Bioware is saying to try and keep story stuff under wraps or not spoil something they worked hard to keep secret or whatever. I don't blame them for doing so, but it's not how animation works, even when you're producing a trailer for a video game.

That's why I think the whole "Malgus is/was cut content" is a bunch of BS that Bioware is saying to try and keep story stuff under wraps or not spoil something they worked hard to keep secret or whatever. I don't blame them for doing so, but it's not how animation works, even when you're producing a trailer for a video game.

If they wanted to not spoil something they wouldn't have shown the cut content. The scene wasn't leaked, but it was shown in an official event. Did they really say that he was cut from the game, I thought they only said that he was cut from the trailer.

Imo It's more likely that Bioware didn't like the scene or the reaction from a test audience. One reason could be that his role in KotFe is only minor and his appearance in the trailer could have suggested that he has a big role in the expansion.

Edited by hanebuch

Yeah I know, I wanted the people I quoted to respond because it's annoying when people spread false info or just lie like that.

Yeah it was stated that was cut content but see the thing is that Blur (the studio that did the trailer) would've never gotten far enough along in production of the trailer to render anything that would've gotten cut. In other words they (Blur) would've known the Malgus stuff was cut before they started rendering the trailer because when it comes to animation you don't cut fully completed footage. Animation always has a long enough lead time that the studio always knows exactly what's going to be in/on the screen and what isn't.

The easiest way I think I can describe it is to think about the fact that you've never seen fully animated/rendered/completed deleted scenes for a Pixar movie, or an episode of a cartoon, or anything like that. Whenever you see Deleted Scenes for something that's animated they're always animatics, ie Storyboards + Voices. It's not like live action movies/shows where you shoot everything then decide what to cut, animation always knows what is getting cut before it gets animated/finished because it's way too expensive to have fully finished animated content that gets cut.

That's why I phrased it this way: "This was cut content that supposedly will not make it into KotFE." ;)

• 1 month later...

I was asking in chat tonight if anyone was doing HK part searching and someone responded "Why, they said they are getting rid of HK in the livestream today once KOTFE is released"

I didn't see the livestream. But like many people here, I find it hard to believe they would remove something people paid real world money for. Anyone know what this guy was talking about? There must have been some mention of HK in the livestream.

Ok...I just answered my own question. I watched the livestream and @ 17:45, they specifically say you will NOT lose Treek or HK.

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/12986517

Edited by lancia

I was asking in chat tonight if anyone was doing HK part searching and someone responded "Why, they said they are getting rid of HK in the livestream today once KOTFE is released"

I didn't see the livestream. But like many people here, I find it hard to believe they would remove something people paid real world money for. Anyone know what this guy was talking about? There must have been some mention of HK in the livestream.

Ok...I just answered my own question. I watched the livestream and @ 17:45, they specifically say you will NOT lose Treek or HK.

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/12986517

Goes to show you how much faith you can place with fleet chat.

Goes to show you how much faith you can place with fleet chat.

You usually don't place any value on something said by a person on the internet.

That said, kind of to undo my previous statement: They said in livestream that Treek will still be there. You will keep all your companions as a non-canon option. That means you can still summon them, but they won't have a story until further released chapters right now. So, no worries. Nobody is getting cheated out of companions, even the CC ones. After spending two days assembling HK, that's for the best. :rak_03:

Maybe not lose them but.....

Treek is a self healing tank or a healer/DPS combo. Is she still going to be this, will this be a choice for her? Or, will she be relegated (NERFED) into being the same as every other companion with the choice of role to play?

That my friends is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Treek is the best tank companion currently, it's what makes her worth the purchase. If they take that self healing tank combo away they are nerfing her and in fact devaluing a purchased commodity. In other words, pulling a classic "bait and switch ripoff"! There really are regulations about that too. Businesses are not allowed to pull the ole Charlie Brown and Lucy football "fooled again" yank it away play.