How to play Lightning Sorc 3.2

MrDiggers

I just got my Lightning Sorc to 60 and fully exhumed geared, but I can never seem to get more than 600-800k dmg in a warzone. I always put affliction on before thundering blast so it crits, i'm doing everything I know how to do. Yet I can never get those 1.6 mil + I see all the other Sorcs doing. Could anyone help me?

My rotation:

1. affliction
    thundering blast
    lightning flash
    polarity shift + recklessness
    crushing darkness (because of the polarity shift and lightning flash proc)
    spam lightning bolt until thundering blast goes off CD.

I did not put Chain Lightning in the "rotation" because I only use it when it procs.

Again any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! =D

Put Affliction on more people to increase your damage output and give you more targets to use TB on instead of spamming LS just to be doing something. Use Force Storm anytime you have a group instead of LS to do more damage and proc CL sooner.

It's also hard to tell you if you are doing well at 800k damage. That may be good, bad, or average depending on your team, length of warzone, and what you did in the match.

I just got my Lightning Sorc to 60 and fully exhumed geared, but I can never seem to get more than 600-800k dmg in a warzone. I always put affliction on before thundering blast so it crits, i'm doing everything I know how to do. Yet I can never get those 1.6 mil + I see all the other Sorcs doing. Could anyone help me?

My rotation:

1. affliction
    thundering blast
    lightning flash
    polarity shift + recklessness
    crushing darkness (because of the polarity shift and lightning flash proc)
    spam lightning bolt until thundering blast goes off CD.

I did not put Chain Lightning in the "rotation" because I only use it when it procs.

Again any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! =D

Is your gear also augmented with power or willpower augs?

Neverthless, here are a few tips. Firstly regarding your rotation is not the optimal one even for pve. Single target it would be (skipping initial crushing darkness as there is no real pull phase in pvp):

Aff->polarity/TB->reckles/flash->CL->CD->shock (if you have the proc-double utility) or LB spam

Now of course this is pvp so there is no real pvp rotation but rather situational priorities and constraints. For example, if taking damage even if it is from ranged try to avoid CD (even with the flash proc) as it has no pushback protection (unless you are bubbled and the damage is absorbed). If high numbers is your aim then spam storm in place of LB when there are multiple targets.

Regarding, spreading affliction all over, if you are to do it then do it during the LB spam phase; personally I am not so keen as 18s is a long time and many things can happen (like die or purge).

Above all they key to achieving high damage is to keep pressing buttons that are bound to damaging abilities.

You're missing Force Storm, use that liberally in warzones when there are 3 or more people within its radius, which should be very often, and you'll be fine. It procs Chain Lightning as well, and there are heavy crit and surge bonuses to Force Storm in the tree.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be doing top damage. It's worth mentioning that in regs especially, Lightning/TK can put out more damage than madness and almost all of its damage is more effective and burst-ier.

Stick with it, you just need to hone your skill and figure out your rotation better.

Try to nail groups with CL as often as you can. The root and slow is very underrated and you'll see a significant damage increase. Just don't do it after an AoE mez or some Marauder might be butthurt ;)

Well, I might not have the highest numbers, but I can do about 1.3-1.5 mil in a standoff Voidstar with my lightning spec (depending upon how many group up for force storm). So, here's what I do, as I try to mix survive-ability with damage, since you don't do any damage if you're dead.

First, I rely heavily on force speed, which procs insta-lightning and then insta-chain lightning and moves me away from folks. Just about every time force speed is avail, I use it to move to a better (safer) spot and blast away. I also rely heavily on insta-cast damage while moving around, such as affliction, shock and the lighting flash that has the bonus of faster alacrity and crushing darkness. The only time I cast Thundering blast is 1) I'm relatively safe spot and 2)I haven't cast chain lightning in the past 10 seconds, so I know I'll get the chain lightning instant proc after casting thundering blast. I only cast Crushing Darkness if my cast speed is increased from the lightning flash (get's it down to about 1.3 sec), and I tend to cast that on tanks since it's internal damage.

I also throw in the periodic HOT on myself here and there to keep my health up, as it's also insta-cast. I only cast force storm if I can get a good group and I'm safe, and force lightning if I'm trying to focus on one guy and nothing else is available via insta-cast and thundering blast won't proc the chain lightning, so I'd say force lightning is like the least likely thing to cast.

Does this result in absolutely the highest damage totals? No. But I end up posting a lot of kills and a lot of damage simply because I'm almost always moving around making it relatively hard to hit me. Thus, by staying alive longer my total damage is relatively high. It's also very fun to be zipping around the battlefield like a madman casting stuff. I see people standing still casting stuff and they get demolished and respawn, but they insist their rotation is superior. /shrug.