Vaylin, Koth and Senya fallen empire

dewayne

id rather take hard evidence as a given from the horses mouth rather then debating if its the case or not by looking a gift horse down its mouth :p.

again in a few days time, some info on the outlander will be released in the next cantina tour on the 5th, it may provide hard proof no matter what. but im just keeping the idea open it may not be in the rishi maze even so.

Speculation is a large part of the fun for me, and I love following little hints. :sul_smile:

I'm glad there's a big mystery surrounding pretty much everything there is about the Eternal Empire.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed on the part of Koth being the reasonable one of the bunch.

I expect Lana to take a dive into darkness and pragmatism following the Eternal Empire invasion.

I see Vaylin as a secondary antagonist. She will oppose both us and her remaining brother, maybe in hope of getting her rightful place beside/on the throne of her father.

I somehow doubt HK-55 will be a companion. At least, financially it doesn't make sense. Why would people pay Cartel Coins to unlock Section X (For non-subscribers, if KOTFE can be bought by them) or unlock HK-51 on a new character when you can just get 55 for free while playing the story. Personnal theory is that 55 will be a central member of the Alliance and a major NPC but not a companion. I don't see Koth going on the field. I may be assuming too much but his artwork make him look like he is limping (Correct me if I'm wrong). He could be a coordinator. Senya has the making of a comp.

Actually, the reason I don't think Vaylin will be a companion is that her powers seems similar to what Lana can do, but that may be the point (With Vaylin being a DS choice and Lana a LS one, to pick who you keep with you).

I believe BW said that the KOTFE Press release doesn't list only companions and that not all characters (Besides Valkorion and Arcann, of course) are companions.

Most of your analysis made sense but I wanted to point out 2 things. First, HK-55 was confirmed as a companion a while ago. Second, players who have had a chance to play the Ch.1 demo have reported Lana still prefers DS choices. She may be more level headed than your average sith, but I don't think she'll fall out of touch with the DS and become a LS companion.

Most of your analysis made sense but I wanted to point out 2 things. First, HK-55 was confirmed as a companion a while ago. Second, players who have had a chance to play the Ch.1 demo have reported Lana still prefers DS choices. She may be more level headed than your average sith, but I don't think she'll fall out of touch with the DS and become a LS companion.

prefering dark side choices though might still make her pragmatic. consider the trooper storyline

prefering dark side choices though might still make her pragmatic. consider the trooper storyline

Yeah, from the light/dark side choices mentioned from the Chapter 3 demo, Lana approves of both of the dark side options in it, but they're both rather pragmatic.

Executing an enemy soldier who threatened your life and not stopping the sun machine from exploding because there are more pressing concerns.

I don't remember reading a single quote confirming HK-55 would be a companion. They only confirmed Lana and said that all of the characters in the KOTFE announcement page (Beside Valk and Arcann) are not companions. It's been implied that Koth would be a companion at Gamescom but nothing about 55.

HK-55 will most likely be a companion. Look at pictures of him helping the JK.

He seems to belong to Koth Vortena. He could simply be a major NPC.

His quotes also implies he doesn't like to fight when necessary.

The screen is from the end of the Chapter 3 demo shown at E3 (I think) where he helps the Outlander climb aboard Koth Vortena's ship.

Again, I'm not saying 55 will not be a companion, simply that he hasn't been confirmed and it doesn't really make sens in regards to 51.

He seems to belong to Koth Vortena. He could simply be a major NPC.

His quotes also implies he doesn't like to fight when necessary.

The screen is from the end of the Chapter 3 demo shown at E3 (I think) where he helps the Outlander climb aboard Koth Vortena's ship.

Again, I'm not saying 55 will not be a companion, simply that he hasn't been confirmed and it doesn't really make sens in regards to 51.

Its been pretty much confirmed 55 is a new companion by external sources. I imagine the decided on a second HK because more people will be able to get this model and therefore they'll be able to add more content for him unlike 51 and Treek where it just isn't cost effective.

Its been pretty much confirmed 55 is a new companion by external sources. I imagine the decided on a second HK because more people will be able to get this model and therefore they'll be able to add more content for him unlike 51 and Treek where it just isn't cost effective.

Your reasoning makes sense. I'd just be disappointed if I had a second HK on my crew. I mean, one is enough, really. Except if they snark at each other all the time.

But, at this point, I'm starting to wonder if 5 new companions are not the number of potential new recruit but the maximum of new companion from the nex Xpac you can take, meaning some would be mutually exclusive.

At this point, we have these candidates:

-Lana (Confirmed)

-Koth (Heavily implied by screenshots and teasing)

-Hk-55 (Implied but unconfirmed)

-Senya (No real clue but her background seems to fit the profile of a revenge seeker who would join the Outlander)

-Darth Marr (Confirmed by datamining, may be temporary)

-Vaylin (No clues to that but background seems to fit for DS characters as a companion/apprentice)

-Theron Shan (I'm basing myself on the announcement that PAX Prime will feature a "popular and familiar face")

That makes already seven potential companions and some that I see as possibly mutually exclusive (Theron/Lana in a Ashley/Kaidan kind of dilemna and Lana/Vaylin in a Samara/Morinth scenario).

But still, it means that some of them are not permanent companions or are not at all. Which leads to me theorize that Koth and HK-55 will not be part of the field companions and just major NPCs from the Alliance system with temporary spots as companions for some quests.

Oh, and when we meet HK-55 when he helps us aboard Koth's ship, I want him besides HK-51 and Treek between them blasting at Eternal Empire troops while we run from them.

Edited by Leklor

I don't think Vaylin will become a companion. And she doesn't seem like the apprentice type.

I guess it will be down to Koth, Senya, Lana, Theron, and HK. Marr will be temporary.

I'm mostly basing my speculations about Vaylin on some rumors but I also doubt she will be a companion.

The only problem with the companion list is that BW said that not all the characters listed on the announcement page of KOTFE will be companions and not all companions are listed there either, which led me to add Theron. I also can't help bu doubt Koth will be a permanent companion, he seems much more of a strategist-type character, the kind of major NPC who helps you lead your alliance (If there is any management of said alliance of course, and not just a few story choices.).

Anyway, speculations are fun but I can't help but feel I don't have much more to add to the discussion ^^

EDIT: Based on info obtained through datamining (I know we're not supposed to discuss that but ***, delete this post if it's really taboo), Koth is indeed not a companion and the supposed list for KOTFE is this:

-Lana

-Theron (Conflicting date, maybe choice tied)

-Senya Tirall

-HK-55

-Marr (Seems to be temporary indeed)

-Nico Okarr (Might available to everyone but already unlocked for pre-order and locked behind a very hard quest line for others)

Koth is not listed anywhere, same for Vaylin.

Edited by Leklor