T minus 1 week till Togruta

SupremeLegate

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I have seen a few questions about price. I just confirmed with the team and Togruta will cost exactly the same as Cathar, 600 Cartel Coins.

-eric

Are we going to get a preview of some sort? Would be nice to have some idea of what we're buying before actually making the purchase.

Edited by tolaez

Are we going to get a preview of some sort? Would be nice to have some idea of what we're buying before actually making the purchase.

I remember Eric mentioning a shorter stream to show off the Togruta and I figured/hoped it would be today or Monday but have heard nothing yet so Appearance Designer is the only other option.

Fair enough. Still a bit surprised they haven't created any promotional material for something like this.

they had an entire stream showing off yavin stronghold playing entirely as female togruta back in early part of June.

they had an entire stream showing off yavin stronghold playing entirely as female togruta back in early part of June.

Yeah I'm aware, I watched it live.

It wasn't exactly promotional materiel ;) At least not for the Togruta specifically. Seemed more like a tacked on after-thought. Though the fact they made it look like Ahsoka Tano was not lost on me.

Edited by tolaez

It wasn't exactly promotional materiel ;) At least not for the Togruta specifically. Seemed more like a tacked on after-thought. Though the fact they made it look like Ahsoka Tano was not lost on me.

Lol. Yeah, and they did mention that the Togruta they were using wasn't something we should take as an official look. Although, I don't remember any significant clipping issues.

Edited by Rafaman

Lol. Yeah, and they did mention that the Togruta they were using wasn't something we should take as an official look. Although, I don't remember any significant clipping issues.

Although I am completely happy to have Togruta in the game, I do hope they have Ashara head tail length options. The head tail length in the Yavin/Togruta stream was shorter.

More like Ashara ;)

While further researching Togruta, I happened upon something interesting.

Swtorista posted a guide to roleplaying as a Togruta:

http://swtorista.com/articles/a-lore-appropriate-togruta-in-swtor-togruta-naming-conventions/

The article also contained a link to a Togruta random name generator:

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/togruta-names.php#.VaqQEPlVikp

Edited by neoraFIVE

Hey folks,

I have seen a few questions about price. I just confirmed with the team and Togruta will cost exactly the same as Cathar, 600 Cartel Coins.

-eric

Hope someday your dev team works on something you cant sell on cartel market somethinglike new operation or pvp content, your companies greediness turned this game more like a market place it is not a star wars game anymore.

Hope someday your dev team works on something you cant sell on cartel market somethinglike new operation or pvp content, your companies greediness turned this game more like a market place it is not a star wars game anymore.

When was it not a "market place" (to make money)?

Hope someday your dev team works on something you cant sell on cartel market

Oh so like the Knights of The Fallen Empire expansions that's free for subscribers?

your companies greediness turned this game more like a market place it is not a star wars game anymore.

I wouldn't call it greed so much as they got scared and tried to figure out how they could figure out to keep this game afloat when it was bleeding subscribers.

SWTOR was and still is one the most expensive games ever made and it wasn't profitable for quite sometime after it went F2P.

SWTOR's F2P model is bad, probably the worst of the MMOs out there but they basically did what they needed to in order to survive, it's just that what they did, didn't really benefit anyone but themselves.

Togruta will be in Game Update 3.3 on Tuesday! We are pretty excited for all of you to get your hands on the new playable species.

One thing that sets Togruta apart from other species is that, due to their Montrals, any item worn in your head slot will be automatically hidden. By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

Let us know what you think of the Togruta in Game Update 3.3!

-eric

Talking of the "head thing",

why didn't you devs thought about doing some of the existing helmets as masks? Let me explain:

We already have the possibility for chestpices with hoods to cover up some helmdesigns. Same tec could work with the exotic hairpieces from Togruta (or future alienheaded races). Maybe you think about this possibility for the future. But if you guys already thought about it, it might be quite enlightening why this wasn't an option at the end of solving the "headthing" problem.

SWTOR's F2P model is bad, probably the worst of the MMOs out there but they basically did what they needed to in order to survive, it's just that what they did, didn't really benefit anyone but themselves.

Sorry, but I totally have to disagree. If some few people don't like this model, it doesn't mean that this F2P model is bad. In the matter of fact, SWTOR is the western MMO with a F2P model, that is actually working quite well for the community. Not to mention, it is the F2P primus on the western world, which is making a lot of money compared with other MMO's gone F2P.

It's success highligts the fact, that it is well taken by its community.

I think I saw a pantoran pirate on Rishi (one of the mobs you slaughter at the northern part of the first zone). First I kind of freaked out seeing a chiss with "normal" eyes but then thought about it and a pantoran came to mind.

It might be a cheap jump for cash but more varienty is always good, even if it means different coloured humans (and yes, I am all for zeltrons, would make a perfect smuggler/IA :D ).

Sorry, but I totally have to disagree. If some few people don't like this model, it doesn't mean that this F2P model is bad. In the matter of fact, SWTOR is the western MMO with a F2P model, that is actually working quite well for the community. Not to mention, it is the F2P primus on the western world, which is making a lot of money compared with other MMO's gone F2P.

SWTOR is considered to have the worst F2P model out there, especially when compared to other MMOs like Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, Wildstar's upcoming F2P model, etc.

SWTOR's F2P model basically requires you to pay for every type of convenience and feature possible where as a number of other F2P MMOs (STO, etc) simply just restrict you on a purely numerical level, ie number of bank slots, number of characters, etc, and don't require you to pay money to access things like dungeons or mail or whatever other number of things that are standard in MMOs.

It's success highligts the fact, that it is well taken by its community.

No, it doesn't, and that's such insanely faulty logic.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.