Story Progression in the right order - What can I leave out?

Lomeno

Dear Community,

after coming back from a longer break, a lot of new stuff has been added to the game. I have looked for a comprehensive guide on how to do everything in the right order and found this guide (which I get many of you also use).

I have done everything that is listed there up until Makeb (except a few Flashpoints) and I am now about to start into the adventures that come beyond that. Although I really want to continue my story, I was wondering if there is any group content (e.g. the Scum & Viallny OP, the Czerka Story Ark, the Dread Fortress/Dread Palace OPs) which I can leave out at the moment WITHOUT losing too much of the story experience (as it is always difficult to find good groups for that).

I would really appreciate if you could give me advice on this!

If you're Imperial, I would suggest doing the Ops, since the Dread Master story matters a little bit more for the Empire than it does Republic (oh, look! more psychopathic Sith /yawn /lightsaber to the face).

Otherwise, you can theoretically leave out everything that's not 1-50>Makeb>Forged Alliances, since they're all technically self-contained arcs.

Once you hit 60, it's pretty easy to just go back and solo the content (except ops, but those show up in group finder anyway).

If you're Imperial, I would suggest doing the Ops, since the Dread Master story matters a little bit more for the Empire than it does Republic (oh, look! more psychopathic Sith /yawn /lightsaber to the face).

Otherwise, you can theoretically leave out everything that's not 1-50>Makeb>Forged Alliances, since they're all technically self-contained arcs.

Once you hit 60, it's pretty easy to just go back and solo the content (except ops, but those show up in group finder anyway).

Thanks for the information - I am on the Republic side, so it seems like I can skip parts and come back later to them.

Just a quick question - what is the Forged Alliance Ark exactly? I have never heard this name so far.

Edited by Lomeno

Thanks for the information - I am on the Republic side, so it seems like I can skip parts and come back later to them.

Just a quick question - what is the Forged Alliance Ark exactly? I have never heard this name so far.

Forged Alliances are a series of linked flashpoints that are a prelude to the Shadow of Revan story. The line provides very good rewards and is designed to be solo'd.

Most of the mid-level Reven material is on Empire side so, like with the Dread Masters, you probably don't need to do the Republic versions.

Forged Alliances are a series of linked flashpoints that are a prelude to the Shadow of Revan story. The line provides very good rewards and is designed to be solo'd.

Most of the mid-level Reven material is on Empire side so, like with the Dread Masters, you probably don't need to do the Republic versions.

So if I start the SoR-Storyline on my ship, it leads me atuomatically to these flashpoints?

Is there one of those guides for the Empire side? if so where can I find it?

The guide I posted includes both the Empire and the Republic path.

Edited by Lomeno

So if I start the SoR-Storyline on my ship, it leads me atuomatically to these flashpoints?

Affirmative.You can talk to the mission terminal on your ship when you hit... minimum level is 53 I think, but I'd wait until hitting 55 (with the x12 you should be 55 long before you ever leave Makeb) to do it. Forged Alliances sends you to Theron Shan on Carrick station for Republic (or Lana Beniko on Vaiken Spacedock for Empire), and you bounce through the four flashpoints. After that, you end up with kind of an interlude thing (and have to talk to the mission terminal again), before SOR starts proper.

This is because the Forged Alliances stuff was originally released under 2.x (I think it was patches 2.7-2.10?); while Rishi and everything after that is 3.x

Affirmative.You can talk to the mission terminal on your ship when you hit... minimum level is 53 I think, but I'd wait until hitting 55 (with the x12 you should be 55 long before you ever leave Makeb) to do it. Forged Alliances sends you to Theron Shan on Carrick station for Republic (or Lana Beniko on Vaiken Spacedock for Empire), and you bounce through the four flashpoints. After that, you end up with kind of an interlude thing (and have to talk to the mission terminal again), before SOR starts proper.

This is because the Forged Alliances stuff was originally released under 2.x (I think it was patches 2.7-2.10?); while Rishi and everything after that is 3.x

Ah, perfect, thanks. Since I have already done Makeb, it seems I can directly start this.

Thanks a lot to everyone helping me out here!