JK class quest line lost? Finished Nar Shadda/Taris

Dodfisk

I'm stuck without a class story line after completing the Taris (first) and Nar Shadda (Second) lines. I completed the quest at the holo in the ship, and then nothing.

The npc holo says go to Taris (again) and I went there, but there's no direction where to go or to pickup up something to lead to the next area.

I gather that I'm supposed to have the "defector" quest line open up, but not sure if I'm missing something to trigger it or not.

Can anyone suggest anything to get me back on track?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the links, but unfortunately, they don't help as I've already completed the two quest lines leading up to the Defector quest, but haven't received the Holo from Var Suthra to go to the mining asteroid.

There must be some prereq that hasn't been completed, but I can't find it as there's no class quest in my logs at all.

Went back to both locations and the final zones, and both phases aren't available to redo, and can't reset the quest because it's finished. Bug report submitted, but this is aggravating :(

i have the same problem ... it's just the guidelines that don't work... go to your ship ... click on the holotrans... travel to tython... and go to the counsel... but after that the quest line is still bugged ... can't get on with the main quest :-(

ha! ticket open on this right now. u cant do legacy, cant get your tittle, infact you cant even get the rest of your pets at all what so ever. not to mention being cheated out of lots of xp and continuing your story as a jedi which should be very important for you class as a player. i keep getting the run around like reset your ui controls leave phase enter phase and reset mission. all of which i have done and complied with as per intructions given. also was even told at one point to abandon my quest. they dont seem to understand that you can't possibly abandon that quest when you get to that part. another thing to be said is, this bug isnt happening to everyone. it just happens randomly and not to everyone but it is happening and to more than one person obviously as per the thread. seems like where it does bug for ppl when it bugs is at the same spot in the mission. lol!

their solution was to please refer back to game updates and patch notes for a fix for it eventually as they have no eta for this right now for a fix. i have asked other options such as having them reset the story for me or just credit the thing up to there so i can continue the story and play catch up on class quests/missions. i have even reminded them of another post where we were told about fixes for game play and bugs. since it literally stops your progression i was under the impression it would be considered a tad more important than other side or bonus bugged possible quests but at the time i think they are just completely swamped with bug reports and can not get to it which will be annoying later when ur lvl capped and cant benefit from any xp other than getting the rest of your pets and your story in plus tittle /legacy.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/word-bugs-james-ohlen

found this post in while irritated to the max through another player-

"There are issues that we will fix immediately. These are rare and not every issue can be fixed in this manner. We usually reserve these "emergency fixes" for bugs that are stopping players from playing the game or to exploits that could unbalance the entire game if not corrected."

not holding my breath for it and very annoyed this mission called "the defector" is so broken for jedi's right now. keep getting the run around with no real workable solution to this. keeping my finger's crossed. im sure they will eventually get to this.

the issue still remains once u kill valis and need to return to your ship. you are asked to use your ships intercom, only to find out you can't possibly interact with it and you stop all progression from that moment on. i think it could be lvl 24 ish maybe. im way passed that point by now anyway. close to lvl 40 as it is. catching up later will be even more work but worth it for the story imo. happens very early on in your questing adventure. with no solution, all we can do is remain annoyed and wait this out. "keeping fingers crossed". have a nice day! thanks for the thread. :(

Edited by jedimadness

I just hope it isn't as simple as you confusing your Holodeck with the Intercom, but no one mentioned that... so i hope you know the Intercom is in the room just right from the cockpit and not the big round thing in the back of the ship. ;)

yes i know where the intercom is. lol! good clarification incase ppl don't know. lol

my intercom is on the front deck part of the ship to the right side for me. the hologram thingy is the opposite in the back side of my ship. totally different directions. :D

Edited by jedimadness

Did you ever get a response to this.

I am suffering exactly the same issue right now, at level 26, having left Nar Shaddaa.

Only outstanding quests are the Heroics, so am fairly certain I am not missing any prerequisites.

The Mon Cal General says "still needed on Taris" but no new quest, or the like given.

This is a game breaker.

So is it an issue of doing Taris before Nar Shadda? I am doing Taris now as I was not of high enough level to be on Nar Shadda when I went to the galactic map... just wondering if I should transition to Nar Shadda before completing Taris. I know when I log in it says Act 1 The Defector and the dialog below says I have been sent to Nar Shadda...

The Defector is the conclusion of the Coruscant story - the Prologue.

Act I. is both Taris and Nar Shaddaa - the planets are staged by level. I would suggest (or challenge) that they correct flow is Taris, then Nar Shaddaa.

This seems to affect only a very few people, so do not believe it is an ordering issue, as I would expect the majority to level into Taris before Nar Shaddaa and this bug to be extremely well known and screamed about if it were simply about order of execution of planets.

yes i know where the intercom is. lol! good clarification incase ppl don't know. lol

my intercom is on the front deck part of the ship to the right side for me. the hologram thingy is the opposite in the back side of my ship. totally different directions. :D

I wasn't sure from your description; the intercom isn't on the bridge (where you receive space missions) it's in your conference room.

bumping yet again, as Customer Service still havent responded after approx 72hrs.

This is a class breaking issue for a small number of players.

And until there is a clear opportunity to progress this characters storyline he is effectively unplayable.

Im having a similar problem, i finished my class quest chain on Taris and noticed I had a class quest telling me to talk to the general on my ships holoterminal, after doing that its reset my class quest on Taris but wont allow me to progress to the next. Ive submited a ticket and yet to have a reply.

Daily bump.

Still waiting for Customer Support to respond to my second ticket - with the keyword, after they auto-responded to my first.

Sitting at 5.5 days now, 132hours, since my first ticket, 60hrs since my keyworded ticket.

Daily bump.

Still waiting for Customer Support to respond to my second ticket - with the keyword, after they auto-responded to my first.

Sitting at 5.5 days now, 132hours, since my first ticket, 60hrs since my keyworded ticket.

I'm just shooting in the dark, since I don't understand where you lost the questline, but some ideas you can try meanwhile:

1. Using your ship's holoterminal at all of your recent planets? (Taris, Coruscant, Ord Mantell, Republic Fleet, ______?)

2. Same as #1, but try your ship's intercom in addition to

3. Visit ALL the recent NPCs you've talked to, interacted. I mean every last one of them...go through torhead or other mission databases even if you have to start at the beginning of Coruscant and just check every mission location.

I'm sure you're frustrated.

Yep, done every last part of that suggestion. It doesn't help that it failed to give me the new quest on my ship after a holoterminal session once I'd beaten Lord Sadic.

Been to every planet, done holo and intercom, whilst in the planets space, and even tried going to Taris as that is what Var Suthra ended the holoterminal cutscene with.

All to no avail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.