Just came back to game need some sorc spec help

Cwalkin

Hello,

Like the title says just came back and I'm need some help with a good Madness pvp spec. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Well your in luck we have disciplines now so you get all the good things in the path. Sorcs also have great utilities for PvP included the stun bubble.

I don't know when you stopped playing but Madness is great for PvP in both regs and ranked with bordering on OP with the amount of self heals and DoT spread (DoTs are no longer cleansable)

Which is ironic considering Madness is the lowest parsing spec in PvE.

I just came back about a week ago too. I used this guide to get started (can't speak to how good it is mind you) http://huttsdonthavefeet.com/2015/04/26/madness-sorcerer-pvp-guide-by-sceviour-of-jung-ma/ and have been getting on fine, albeit i'm spending a week or so pvping at 55 while i get used to it before buying the expansion and pvping at 60.

I had a quick look on the guide and although some general good hints it has quite a few inaccuracies... Some examples:

a) Says "Sometimes that means using it when you’re being heavily focused, even though you have 100% health." and continues "In games where I’m facing high burst DPS classes like Marauders and Assassins, I sometimes pop my Force Barrier as soon as they’re locked on to me and starting their rotation, as that burns out their burst on my invincibility shield ".

That might be true to some extent if the sorcerer does not have corrupted barrier, which ability recommends later (and so do I for ranked, but not really for warzones), as it will self-heal. If barrier is to be used for absorbing burst, then ideally you want to take the damage from the first attack (which will be healed) and shield the second. Basically if you have corrupted barrier popping barrier at 100% to avoid damage is not good.

b) The "rotation", if there is such thing in pvp, is not really accurate. There is no reason to open up with FL, as it is better to apply the dots first. Also a good use of recklessness is with leach.

c) Madness does not have any 35m attacks.

d) Although the utilities suggested are not all my preference I will leave that as it is a personal thing. (although surprised not to be taking force mobility).

e) 0 alacrity is just as OK as high alacrity, in fact I would advocate that for arenas a high alacrity build is more beneficial while for warzones a high surge is better.

Anyway, my biggest concern with the guide is the suggestion of the rotation, which not only it is not the absolute optimal one, there is also nowhere mentioned in the guide that it might be beneficial to delay 1 or 2 gcds death field for more dot spread if needed.