I think the Outlander will have a new ship.

Anysao

So I was reviewing the Knights of the Fallen Empire page here on the SW:TOR website, and the names of the chapters caught my eye. Given what we know now about the expansion, how class stories are all but abolished and we will be able to hand-pick companions for our "Alliance," it leads me to believe that in one chapter we will be receiving a new starship. This starship I believe is called the Lady of Sorrows. On this ship, which I imagine will be much bigger than our current class ships, we will house our hand-selected Alliance.

I'm basing this off of the names of the chapters and that the classes are now homogenized. Just a theory. :D

I figure going this way is a way for them to make even more money. Give everyone one basic ship, then give the CM option for many other styles. It just seems to make sense from the CM point of view.

That may not be possible. If they were going to monetize changing ships, they would have done it already.

Edited by Diviciacus

I remember seeing a german claim that The Gravestone translated as a ship name on their FE page.

The chapter name "the gravestone" is translated to "die gravestone". "Die" is an article like the, but they didn't translate gravestone to the german word grabstein. All other chapters are completely translated. In the main game they didn't translate ship names to german. So the gravestone could be a ship, but it could also be a station or just a translation error.

Edit:

If they would have translated gravestone, the chapter name would be "Der Grabstein", because in german there is more than one article.

Edited by hanebuch

The chapter name "the gravestone" is translated to "die gravestone". "Die" is an article like the, but they didn't translate gravestone to the german word grabstein. All other chapters are completely translated. In the main game they didn't translate ship names to german. So the gravestone could be a ship, but it could also be a station or just a translation error.

Edit:

If they would have translated gravestone, the chapter name would be "Der Grabstein", because in german there is more than one article.

Right. Die is the feminine article in German, and while I don't know enough about German to say whether the same is true, in English ships are (inexplicably) considered feminine. The untranslated chapter name obviously means it's an object name (that is, a ship/station/planet/base/etc), but being feminine leans more towards it being a ship. After all, if it was a space station, why not use the neuter "das Gravestone"?

...Actually, that's a good question for the German-client players: are the names of planets, stations, and ground bases translated into German? Does the German word for Hoth translate into "wretched iceball that causes suicidal tendencies"?

Edited by Diviciacus

Right. Die is the feminine article in German, and while I don't know enough about German to say whether the same is true, in English ships are (inexplicably) considered feminine. The untranslated chapter name obviously means it's an object name (that is, a ship/station/planet/base/etc), but being feminine leans more towards it being a ship. After all, if it was a space station, why not use the neuter "das Gravestone"?

...Actually, that's a good question for the German-client players: are the names of planets, stations, and ground bases translated into German? Does the German word for Hoth translate into "wretched iceball that causes suicidal tendencies"?

The german word for space station is "Raumstation" and we also use the feminine article "die" for "raumstation". e.g. die Internationale Raumstation(international space station) or die Mir.

I don't think they changed any planet names, but they translated the name of bases, regions and organisations.

The german word for space station is "Raumstation" and we also use the feminine article "die" for "raumstation". e.g. die Internationale Raumstation(international space station) or die Mir.

I don't think they changed any planet names, but they translated the name of bases, regions and organisations.

That's very interesting. Space station as a term is pretty new and yet an established gender has already propagated. I expected it to be neuter, but I guess not!

That may not be possible. If they were going to monetize changing ships, they would have done it already.

they said they couldn't do that for cut scene reasons apparently.

but if they do make and give us a new ship then they could design it with customization in mind.

one can only hope :D

The title for the chapter 7 story "Lady of Sorrows" is most likely referring to the character called Vaylin who is shown in one of the preview screenshots. She is a character that has an immense amount of ability but has been restrained from using it until recently. I'm guessing that she has suffered a considerable amount of trauma and would call herself the Lady of Sorrows much as Lumiya called herself the Lady of the Sith.

There are some hints as to what may go on in the chapters though.

The gravestone may be the chapter where the player is actually put in carbonite. With the "From the Grave" being all about the escape and "Taking Flight" being the chapter about escaping the the planet much of this takes place on.

"Disavowed" is probably referring to either Theron or Lana, possibly both being on the run from respective intelligence agencies again. Though it may focus more on the characters and how their faction no longer recognizes them in an official capacity. In hindsight that would be the more likely case as putting characters in that position means that members of your former team that were extremely loyal to the faction may now be asked to track down and capture you.

In a slightly odd twist that would be somewhat similar to what part of the story was in the yhuuzang vong series where some of the Jedi were hunted down and traded to the Vong by various planetary factions in hopes that their world would be spared during the war. The hunter and smuggler would not necessarily be exempt from this as many of those companions would likely be hired on to track you since they would know you best.

Some of the others seem pretty obvious. "The Hunt" refers to the hunt for Vitiate. "Asylum" is during the time where you are in hiding after your escape. "The Alliance" will probably have the player teaming up with either Lana, Theron, or someone we do not expect.

The only ones i can't figure are "Dreams of an Empire" which I assume is where we meet Valkorion and discover his plans, and "Anarchy in Paradise" which may just be causing mayhem and starting a rebellion on Zakuul.

Why I ship is called "she":

There is always a great deal of bustle around her.

There is usually a gang of men about.

She has waist and stays.

It takes a lot of paint to keep her looking good.

It is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep

She can be all decked out.

It takes an experienced man to handle her correctly.

Without a man at the helm, she is uncontrollable.

She shows her topsides, hides her bottom.

When coming into port, always heads for the buoys

Makes sense. After all, your old ship would have either been in mothballs or one of your companions would have taken it and either wrecked it or sold it. Given that the ship would be recognizable as the ship that Darth/Havoc Commander/etc. flew, the chances of it surviving while you're taking a nap seem slim.