Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Anyone else feeling hopeless?

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I just decided to unsub and play League of legends competitively again. Unfortunately, I bought a 6 month sub and it doesn't end til late august :c

Think a break will be good. When (if) you come back, you'll get to look at the PvP with fresher eyes and not be so jaded on all the problems and issues.

Been playing GW2 since beta and have a couple level 80s. Looking forward to the new class being introduced with their new expansion.

i loved the first one but am just getting into #2.

ill pm you the details and a couple noob questions if you dont mind.

I completely understand the feeling. Been there before with other games.

I agree with what an earlier poster said about it just being a game, and treating it as such. Thing is for me(and I assume others) it is hard to think of it that way because of the time and energy invested. They are very deliberate in the way they design these games, to have you coming back again, and again. So it makes sense that eventually you will be at the mercy of design team, etc. The game is part of your life, and someone is messing with it, or not messing with it enough lol. As is the case when developers fail to utilize player feedback for weeks, months, or even years at a time.

Treating it as more of a casual experience is really the way to go. If a developer doesn't respect their own product as much as you do, then you know you deserve better.

I'm starting to get to that point of: "What's the point?"

PvP hasn't had any new maps of game modes in years. Class balance is a joke. Every arena consists of 50% minimum of the same AC. This community is so small that everyone practically knows each other. The forums consist of the same threads by the same posters on just a different day ending in 'y'. We argue and bicker about what's balanced, what's not balanced, what's OP, what's UP, how casual PvPers don't matter, how ranked doesn't matter except 4s, how terrible class balance is, how mercs suck, how sins are OP, how snipers need survivabilty, the same posts just on different days.

Ingame is the same players trash talking others, streams consist of the same forum drama just in a different setting. All this sameness for what? No updates to PvP in 1 1/2 year, no updates planned for the new expansion, no communication from the Devs despite our pleas.

I've personally just given up on PvP. I'm honestly just thinking of turning in to a casual who only plays for story. Maybe then I'll be able to enjoy this game that BW is pushing to be more of a single player RPG.

QQ

SWTOR is like an unhappy marriage. First - love, then - hate, then - indifference or you leave.

You are clearly burned out of the game, so you'd better either take a break and come back in couple months, or stop caring and just accept the game for what it's worth as of now.

Casuals; as opposed to hardcore for a video game..funny that. I could care less what category anyone would lump me in for this "not hardcore story driven game '. It doesn't take a lot of wisdom to see if this game was ever going to be a "Hardcore" PVP game the Devs would have made it so already.

I'm still subscribed; for the new stories and not much else. I still PVP; but being a "casual" I don't take it too seriously. I find that I enjoy taking small breaks from this to run/ finish other games. When I do this and then log back into this it giving me an "Oh Well", perspective on the imbalances and non-development on the pvp side.

Just for info but I'm thinking I'll quit permanently when /if Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade drops in 2016. Sci-Fi, big gunz, and chainswords. Sounds good to me.

Edited by KingKalbo

if they take away 4v4 and put in 1v1 this game would be so bad it would be unreal. I bet they'll do it anyways though, cater to the casuals as much as possible instead of the hardcore players.

if they put a 1v1 in the game carrotface would be the highest rated player of all time

if they take away 4v4 and put in 1v1 this game would be so bad it would be unreal. I bet they'll do it anyways though, cater to the casuals as much as possible instead of the hardcore players.

Only people who needs to be carried dislike 1 vs 1 :p

No but seriously. 1 vs 1 would pop all the time, depending on how much class separation they would do of course. And regardless of how people might feel, it would still be preferable to have something rather than nothing.

Yeah cause I am sure 1v1 would atract anything but stealth. Even if they disable in combat stealth and self healing, you'd have 2 invisible enemies looking to land the opener first. What a blast!

I don't think people understand the side effects to even create a venue for smaller scale that is actually competitively balanced to be worth while. They can't even do that with 4s and going smaller would only make it worse the same way you see in yolo. Teams work to an extent because you can form synergies to work with class weakness but in YOLO or even a reg arena, it's damn ed near unplayable by some classes.

Whatever though. If they ever do it, they better not have it ever Pop in the general Q. As it is, I'm not gond of 4s being there in a match of pugs with no team comp matching.

Only people who needs to be carried dislike 1 vs 1 :p

No but seriously. 1 vs 1 would pop all the time, depending on how much class separation they would do of course. And regardless of how people might feel, it would still be preferable to have something rather than nothing.

No, it wouldn't... well it might at first but then you'd have the same thing happen that just happened on SL... everyone would try, get thier rear kicked, realize they arent all that, and youd have the same few left again and all of them would be Ops in any 1v1 scenario.

I can sympathize with a lot of this.

Huttball was my favorite warzone, as it was that of many other players... but we got the shaft.

Class balance? Well that has come and gone over time; there certainly seems to be a major advantage for some classes over others still.

In general, I have to agree that the team is more focused on PVE than it is on PVP. 1.2 is what began the killing... anyone remember how good shadow/sin tanks were?

i have 6 different characters i pvp on enjoy getting the gear and finding out how to play my best on each one, making up for their weakness by nurturing their strengths...........id like to see more maps and a wz map at least that feels like a war with territory gain etc etc

I'm starting to get to that point of: "What's the point?"

PvP hasn't had any new maps of game modes in years. Class balance is a joke. Every arena consists of 50% minimum of the same AC. This community is so small that everyone practically knows each other. The forums consist of the same threads by the same posters on just a different day ending in 'y'. We argue and bicker about what's balanced, what's not balanced, what's OP, what's UP, how casual PvPers don't matter, how ranked doesn't matter except 4s, how terrible class balance is, how mercs suck, how sins are OP, how snipers need survivabilty, the same posts just on different days.

Ingame is the same players trash talking others, streams consist of the same forum drama just in a different setting. All this sameness for what? No updates to PvP in 1 1/2 year, no updates planned for the new expansion, no communication from the Devs despite our pleas.

I've personally just given up on PvP. I'm honestly just thinking of turning in to a casual who only plays for story. Maybe then I'll be able to enjoy this game that BW is pushing to be more of a single player RPG.

QQ

We were never a priority... and we'll never be one either.

They simply don't care about PvP, it's been stated... a while back.

Bioware doesn't give two ***** about PvP ... that's kinda been proven to be true, time & time again.

All they care about is the little story they have to tell... the rest, well... that's what we have.

I wouldn't expect for more...

'Cos what you see... is what you get and quite frankly, it's highly disappointing.

We were never a priority... and we'll never be one either.

They simply don't care about PvP, it's been stated... a while back.

Bioware doesn't give two ***** about PvP ... that's kinda been proven to be true, time & time again.

All they care about is the little story they have to tell... the rest, well... that's what we have.

I wouldn't expect for more...

'Cos what you see... is what you get and quite frankly, it's highly disappointing.

Why do people keep saying they don't care about PvP? Didn't they nerf assassin 3 times even though they are the worst dps in PvE now? Didn't they nerf lightning sorcs seriously decreasing their AoE dps in PvE? Didn't they give mercs a defensive buff that is actually pretty strong in 1v1 and has a short CD even though they are probably the best dps in PvE now? What about those sentinel fixes? Immunity, predation on a CD instead of 30 stacks, undying rage fix, 10m leg slash? Those all sound like PvP fixes.

Aren't they going to decrease the cost of wz comms, remove ranked wz comms, improve solo "ranked" by forcing people to queue with 2018 expertise, make rating matter less to increase queues and give everyone some nice rewards even if they get unlucky with their queues?

What are you guys complaining about? Not being able to play a few classes in **** ranked (the one that only bads think is actually competitive)? boohoo, play another class. Almost every class can play in regs while I only have 2 classes I can use in raids without being a burden on the rest of my team. No new wzs? How about everyone actually learn the current wzs first. Like 60-70% of people still don't understand the point system in AHG, or any decent strategy in either huttball wz, and don't even get me started on how many people run left in VS when people ask them to "go right".

Why do people keep saying they don't care about PvP? Didn't they nerf assassin 3 times even though they are the worst dps in PvE now? Didn't they nerf lightning sorcs seriously decreasing their AoE dps in PvE? Didn't they give mercs a defensive buff that is actually pretty strong in 1v1 and has a short CD even though they are probably the best dps in PvE now? What about those sentinel fixes? Immunity, predation on a CD instead of 30 stacks, undying rage fix, 10m leg slash? Those all sound like PvP fixes.

Aren't they going to decrease the cost of wz comms, remove ranked wz comms, improve solo "ranked" by forcing people to queue with 2018 expertise, make rating matter less to increase queues and give everyone some nice rewards even if they get unlucky with their queues?

What are you guys complaining about? Not being able to play a few classes in **** ranked (the one that only bads think is actually competitive)? boohoo, play another class. Almost every class can play in regs while I only have 2 classes I can use in raids without being a burden on the rest of my team. No new wzs? How about everyone actually learn the current wzs first. Like 60-70% of people still don't understand the point system in AHG, or any decent strategy in either huttball wz, and don't even get me started on how many people run left in VS when people ask them to "go right".

I wouldn't call those "fixes" or "caring" at all.

Sure, some of these changes were welcomed, I'm not going to lie, I appreciate the changes made to Sent/Marauders. It's ok.

BUT ... there's a serious lack of attention to details and quality of games.

PvP is more than just class balance and survivability... and PvE is more than just grouping up together and bashing on NPCs/Monters for bragging rights.

This community has been asking for a lot of things... some of which are ridiculous (I won't deny it, I probably asked for a few things myself.) But if you look very carefully, you'll see that some of what is asked of Bioware makes total sense and rather feels mandatory for a better experience.

Hell, we wouldn't mind new WZ, new game modes... the revival of 8v8 ranked, more attention to details, better match making in & out of group ranked (Solo & Regs), A dedicated PvP spec (There's 3 for all AC, why can't one of them be the PvP spec and then balance PvP around those.) Limit immunities to the classes that need them the most rather than give everything to everybody and have the Emperor against them all ?

And I could go on with things like these... that actually make quite a lot of sense... things that could improve our experience and make the dev's job easier (or not)

To me, it just feels like PvPers are the red headed step child of this game/community, we're frowned upon and nobody truly wants us around.

Edited by NinjaScroll

I wouldn't call those "fixes" or "caring" at all.

Sure, some of these changes were welcomed, I'm not going to lie, I appreciate the changes made to Sent/Marauders. It's ok.

BUT ... there's a serious lack of attention to details and quality of games.

PvP is more than just class balance and survivability... and PvE is more than just grouping up together and bashing on NPCs/Monters for bragging rights.

This community has been asking for a lot of things... some of which are ridiculous (I won't deny it, I probably asked for a few things myself.) But if you look very carefully, you'll see that some of what is asked of Bioware makes total sense and rather feels mandatory for a better experience.

Hell, we wouldn't mind new WZ, new mods... the revival of 8v8 ranked, more attention to details, better match making in & out of group ranked (Solo & Regs), A dedicated PvP spec (There's 3 for all AC, why can't one of them be the PvP spec and then balance PvP around those.) Limit immunities to the classes that need them the most rather than give everything to everybody and have the Emperor against them all ?

And I could go on with things like these... that actually make quite a lot of sense... things that could improve our experience and make the dev's job easier (or not)

To me, it just feels like PvPers are the red headed step child of this game/community, we're frowned upon and nobody truly wants us around.

If you can only play 2 classes in PvE, then you need to re-evaluate your life. Every class can be used in Ops, but you probably don't want more than 1 melee DPS simply because BW doesn't know how to create decent mechanics.

Not to mention you make irrelevant comments like Lightning getting AoE damage lowered when the AoE was literally a better single target ability than the single target abilities in both PvP and PvE. Force Storm should never be rotational. And then you talk about Merc survivability buffs to make them better in 1v1s as if they still weren't total garbage in PvP and as if this buff was relevant in PvE. The only DPS DCD that is OP in Ops right now is Dodge/Evasion during UL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.