Create a decoration that "changes" the weather in strongholds.

James_Mcturney

Sersiously how much work does it take? Just control C > Control V the weather of other planets into a "decoration" and let us feast on it! If it looks bad should be easy enough to make the needed switches and refinement. JUST DO IT xD

///////////////Am i the only one who loves the night, snow and the rain? thunders, lightning... drummond kas is awesome, if only i knew i would have bought my stronghold there... (might have to do it LOL)

Life-day event rewards make this possible so your wrong.

I meant on a permanent basis and an actual snowfall event like what the OP is essentially asking for, not Snowballs being used on Tatooine.

Edited by Altyrell

The fact is, it should have weather effect on all planets. Weather should change in a random base.

Could rain on yavin', coruscant and others.

It should be for the type of planet.

Tatooine should have sometimes sandstorms and some times, very rare, rain.

Both could be achivments. <get hit by sandstorm on tatooine> and <tatooine rain day>

Other could snow, could, or only be clouded with lighting storms.

And it could have sometimes a rare event on planets that's meteor from skies. Or even it could be tied to an event that sometimes meteors come from sky, like it could happens sometime on gree event. Ice meteors from sky

The fact is, it should have weather effect on all planets. Weather should change in a random base.

Could rain on yavin', coruscant and others.

It should be for the type of planet.

Tatooine should have sometimes sandstorms and some times, very rare, rain.

Both could be achivments. <get hit by sandstorm on tatooine> and <tatooine rain day>

Other could snow, could, or only be clouded with lighting storms.

And it could have sometimes a rare event on planets that's meteor from skies. Or even it could be tied to an event that sometimes meteors come from sky, like it could happens sometime on gree event. Ice meteors from sky

yup, that sums it up, inside or outside of stronghols. But on strongholds ppl should be able to buy it for easier access. hehe because why not sell it, bioware wants $$$$ i give them $$$

Actually it isn't as "easy" as you think it is

Hmm ok ;p i know this is not the point but, seeing this "argument" on many posts lately; the conclusion i get is: let's just be thankful we have had the run up to 3.2 or maybe 3.3 but let's not expect anything else to it, since everything is so hard for the poor devs to implement, let's just leave the game as is (no more patch or content) and don't suggest or ask for changes anymore. haha

Hmm ok ;p i know this is not the point but, seeing this "argument" on many posts lately; the conclusion i get is: let's just be thankful we have had the run up to 3.2 or maybe 3.3 but let's not expect anything else to it, since everything is so hard for the poor devs to implement, let's just leave the game as is (no more patch or content) and don't suggest or ask for changes anymore. haha

You are misunderstanding and presuming that intent when some say that it is harder then someone thinks. What I and possibly most mean when we state that something is harder then what one thinks is when it comes to Coding stuff into the Game. Coding in general is not an easy task, more so when it comes to something as huge as MMO's. People in general tend to think that the inclusion of X (being whatever they wanted added to the game) is an easy task.

We'll take your suggestion of Weather Effects for Strongholds.

You'll need Animators to animate the various weather effects (Snow & Rain fall, Sandstorms, Blizzards, Thunderstorms) then depending on how far you want said Effects to be, the intensity of the Snow/Rain Fall or how "powerful" the Sandstorms, Blizzards & Thunderstorms. You'll need people to create the Objects that create the above effects &/or code the Objects into the Game. Now, somewhere along the line, someone accidentally coded a line or two and now we have Snowfall on Dromund Kaas instead of a Thunderstorm, which is considered to be a bug.

Just so you know, there are a TON of lines of codes for MMO's. So, trying to find said bug isn't a simple task, sometime it is but not always cause they have to check the line of codes of the Objects, the line of codes for the Animations, the line of codes for whatever. When it comes to MMO's, you cannot just simply Copy & Paste lines of Codes all willy-nilly because in doing so it can & usually does cause problems.

Edited by Altyrell

All right, and my point is (from the previous post), as hard as it can be, good new stuff should be done. Otherwise peope will play other games that have such hard to create stuff. I.e. i don't care, and neither should you.

And just a side note, weather effects are so old one would have to do a hard research to discover the very first game to implement/use them.

Edited by James_Mcturney

Life-day event rewards make this possible so your wrong.

I meant on a permanent basis and an actual snowfall event like what the OP is essentially asking for, not Snowballs being used on Tatooine.

Muz wasn't referring to the snowballs. There were decorations available in the cartel market which made it possible to have icicles / piles of snow on the ground, snow drifting down from the ceiling, and cold misty air pouring out of vents on the walls.

http://tor-decorating.com/events/#life_day_2014

Granted, these are very localized details and visual effects, only going in the exact positions where you can find hooks to place them. It doesn't magically cover your entire stronghold in a blizzard. It only gives us small patches of cold in an otherwise normal looking room.

What the topic is asking for would indeed be similar to those decorations, except that we'd be asking them to scale up the size of the decorations and effects to spread very far outside of the hooks that the objects are placed into.

I'd imagine that some of these decorations may also be centerpiece or starship hook sized instead of just using large. medium, and medium-narrow hooks like those Life Day decorations did. These larger decorations would be the ones that would create the largest areas of environmental effects.

Muz wasn't referring to the snowballs. There were decorations available in the cartel market which made it possible to have icicles / piles of snow on the ground, snow drifting down from the ceiling, and cold misty air pouring out of vents on the walls.

http://tor-decorating.com/events/#life_day_2014

Granted, these are very localized details and visual effects, only going in the exact positions where you can find hooks to place them. It doesn't magically cover your entire stronghold in a blizzard. It only gives us small patches of cold in an otherwise normal looking room.

What the topic is asking for would indeed be similar to those decorations, except that we'd be asking them to scale up the size of the decorations and effects to spread very far outside of the hooks that the objects are placed into.

I'd imagine that some of these decorations may also be centerpiece or starship hook sized instead of just using large. medium, and medium-narrow hooks like those Life Day decorations did. These larger decorations would be the ones that would create the largest areas of environmental effects.

Yes, thats the point, although not all strongholds have starship hooks, also, it should be a new kind of hook, a unique hook that allows you to change only the weather and doesn't go into a specific place. =)