Downtime - 7/8/2015

TaitWatson

Hey everyone,

All servers will be temporarily unavailable starting at 5AM PDT/12 GMT in order to attempt to address an intermittent login issue.

We do not expect the servers to be down more than a maximum of an hour, and they will likely be available much sooner.

There will be no patch associated with this downtime.

-Tait

Great ... I was comping Martinuique Dessler in CZ-198 and guess what... she finally spawned and then servers shut down mid fight ...

Uh, the servers haven't shut down yet...? You don't get kicked out before the "timer" in chat runs out.

We do not expect the servers to be down more than a maximum of an hour

Since when has your maintenance times ever gone as planned? You extend them all the time.

Edited by Nihivan

Great ... I was comping Martinuique Dessler in CZ-198 and guess what... she finally spawned and then servers shut down mid fight ...

I love how you say this before the servers have even shut down lol. Some people just love to complain

Repent! The end is nigh!

No really, go outside, grab a drink, do some stuff. I know SWTOR is your life, but it wouldn't hurt to get your butt out of your seat for a minute and go do something else :D

Repent! The end is nigh!

No really, go outside, grab a drink, do some stuff. I know SWTOR is your life, but it wouldn't hurt to get your butt out of your seat for a minute and go do something else :D

...but I don't want to :eek:

I assume this is to fix the login issue where you're unable to log back into your character after being dc'd from an afk. At least that's the problem I had. Needed to shut down and restart the game every time I was afk and got dc'd.

IT would be hard if the worldtimezone.com wasent around.. but still it seems the hours for this should be done at the majority night time.. like so many other Sys ADmins have to do like Sunday morning when the family is enjoying things

you cant...[suffering for your art..]

--------------------------------------------------

Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

Edited by SenshiBat

Guys, you know running a massive game like SWTOR isn’t as easy as counting from 1 to 5. Be happy that Bioware/EA is doing maintenance to fix login issues and giving an estimated time...if they didn’t do that than there would be a serious issue.

I am not defending EA/Bioware, but as someone who works in computing, I can say that it is not a cool thing to have comments in a forum downgrading a game company for doing maintenance. When it comes to computer related actions...things will NEVER go perfectly according to plan, not ever.

Same thing happens in every MMO so I guess people are just too ignorant. ::rak_03:

Since when has your maintenance times ever gone as planned? You extend them all the time.

Not true. Sometimes it's longer but often the time is less than expected.

Some players just can't figure out the different time zones.

Edited by Unchosen