Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Starship Escape pod

keyboart

Been here since beta and couldn't bring myself to ever click on it. It has been a joke taboo betwen me and my friends.

1: You click on it.

2: No, you click on it.

1: You know you want to click on it.

2: No, I really don't.

Been here since beta and couldn't bring myself to ever click on it. It has been a joke taboo betwen me and my friends.

1: You click on it.

2: No, you click on it.

1: You know you want to click on it.

2: No, I really don't.

in your own ship, its alot like clicking the gambling table at the start of Esseles.

lol

A bud and I started this game on day 1 and once we got our ship (as it always launched into space when you enter it) and found the escape hatch we were afraid to click it for days before finally deciding to see what it did. Ya ... quite the let down.

Would have been funny if you clicked on it and found yourself floating outside ship. With droid standing at a window waving at you as you slowly drifted away.

Fade to black

Edited by Vyerix

Would have been funny if you clicked on it and found yourself floating outside ship. With droid standing at a window waving at you as you slowly drifted away.

Fade to black

done that when i spaced bared through a planet exit/enter scene. found myself floating in some limbo looking place and died instantly and respawned back on planet dead at the entry to my ship.

done that when i spaced bared through a planet exit/enter scene. found myself floating in some limbo looking place and died instantly and respawned back on planet dead at the entry to my ship.

When Star Trek Online did their original ship interior revamp, sometimes using the turbolift to go to different levels caused you to fall out of the bottom of your ship and you would be stuck in a falling downward in space animation til you exited the game.

We used to joke we aparently pissed off Q somehow when it happened.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

its for if you are on someones ship and they go into a space mission

Quoted for being the correct answer.

For clarification, the space missions he is referring to are the rail shooter PvE missions that nobody ever runs anyway.

When Star Trek Online did their original ship interior revamp, sometimes using the turbolift to go to different levels caused you to fall out of the bottom of your ship and you would be stuck in a falling downward in space animation til you exited the game.

We used to joke we aparently pissed off Q somehow when it happened.

That's nothing. Back in beta STO had a bug that, if we went planet side with a group, you would be your ship.

And no, I'm not kidding: http://imgur.com/FTFKOQs

It did raise some rather interesting philosophical questions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.