Knights of the Fallen Empire Idea: Lightsaber-Blaster Dual Wield

JARHEADCPA

Since this DLC is introducing a ton of new characters, some of which being playable, I wanted to propose the following:

If we're getting an entirely new playstyle in at least one of these characters, then perhaps one of the force-users could have recently discovered it after being extremely skilled with a blaster (*cough* Bounty Hunter *ahem*). This is plausible, since one of the Jedi classes interacts with an NPC questgiver than used to be a scavenger, until encountering a Jedi master. Realizing the use of both long-and short range, or for comfort, or for whatever reason, they could wield a mainhand lightsaber, and an offhand blaster, or a mainhand blaster and an offhand lightsaber.

Please reply and state your thoughts. Is this horrible? Tell me why. Is this awesome? Tell others.

Good point. One Stat wouldn't really support both.

However, Sith Warriors and Inquisitors both use lightsabers, but they can both use Strength or Willpower. Blaster Rifles can use both Aim (Trooper) and Cunning (Imperial Agent). And the Inquisitor class description (character creation) says "Where a Warrior is strength, an Inquisitor is cunning," when it's actually Willpower.

Perhaps Cunning could be the stat used, since it's used for 2 different weapon types, pistols and rifles.

However, Sith Warriors and Inquisitors both use lightsabers, but they can both use Strength or Willpower. Blaster Rifles can use both Aim (Trooper) and Cunning (Imperial Agent). And the Inquisitor class description (character creation) says "Where a Warrior is strength, an Inquisitor is cunning," when it's actually Willpower.

Perhaps Cunning could be the stat used, since it's used for 2 different weapon types, pistols and rifles.

The reference to cunning is their mind and being cunning, calcuksting, using their smarts verus muscle not a stat. Each class uses a primary stat that affects their abilities.

"Cunning" with a big "C" != "cunning" with a small "c." Agents and Smugglers need good "aim" to use their ranged weapons, but they don't use "Aim" to do it.

Since this DLC is introducing a ton of new characters, some of which being playable, I wanted to propose the following:

If we're getting an entirely new playstyle in at least one of these characters, then perhaps one of the force-users could have recently discovered it after being extremely skilled with a blaster (*cough* Bounty Hunter *ahem*). This is plausible, since one of the Jedi classes interacts with an NPC questgiver than used to be a scavenger, until encountering a Jedi master. Realizing the use of both long-and short range, or for comfort, or for whatever reason, they could wield a mainhand lightsaber, and an offhand blaster, or a mainhand blaster and an offhand lightsaber.

Please reply and state your thoughts. Is this horrible? Tell me why. Is this awesome? Tell others.

No, just, no.

- You're suggesting Star Wars Galaxies like ideas in which players can play as they want. You forget that Bioware try to make this game into a WoW clone so everyone is stuck in the roles they are and can only wield the weapons given to them.

- This would require Bioware to spend more time making moves for both dual lightsaber/blaster, meaning less time on content. (To be honest I doubt there will be a lot of content considering Bioware/EA track record)

- As someone mention, blasters and other guns normally use Cunning/Aim status so again Bioware would have to do a lot of reprogramming just so you can use one of those attributes for blaster.

- The gameplay would be so off balance for blaster and saber that players would filled the forum with complaints in matter of hours after the new content is implemented.

- Finally to add, dual wielding a melee weapon and a range weapon is the dumbest idea ever. It looks good when you see illustration of it such as a musketeer using a gun in one hand and a rapier in the other, but in actual practice it doesn't work. When using a melee weapon, you have to be close range and when using a range weapon, you would have to be a distance with a clear aim. You can't clearly while meleeing nor can you use the weapons as the same time without misfiring or worse shooting yourself. Plus, taking aim to shoot someone leave you opponent to other opponent. Even if you could make the combo work, it better used with a saw-off shotgun or in this case, a scatter gun since you can use the blast to maim/kill or knock back your opponent when on the defense. In any case, this would not work gameplay wise or in real life.

Edited by adproduction

you guys do know the devs can make whatever kinda weapons that use whatever skill they want right? or are you suggesting they cant? I don't understand the technical objections above I guess

also who the f cares what Galaxies had? I sure don't. I do care that luke skywalker and quinlan voss both had a blaster and are cool cats that are way cooler than the normal stuffy old dusty robes jedi

you guys do know the devs can make whatever kinda weapons that use whatever skill they want right? or are you suggesting they cant? I don't understand the technical objections above I guess

also who the f cares what Galaxies had? I sure don't. I do care that luke skywalker and quinlan voss both had a blaster and are cool cats that are way cooler than the normal stuffy old dusty robes jedi

I agree with you and that's very true also how that they have a convertible weapon a light saber they can turn into a blaster and vice versa a magic having two of those on each but hand

Edited by JEDIKATT

Problem is, is that you still start with the same Base Classes, and the only way this could possibly ever happen would be if they were to add New Advanced Class that has it's own unique Animations with either the Pistol or Lightsaber/Sword being used in the same way that the Shotgun/Knives are used with the Scoundrel/Operative AC's of the Smuggler & Agent (respectively). Only makes a physical appearance when certain Abilities are used with a set in stone animated appearance (iirc the Shotgun & Knives physical appearances don't change no matter what Shotgun/Knife is equipped in the off-hand slot, though I could be wrong)

Of course they can. But they are not going to.

I dislike arbitrary weapon restrictions as much as the next person, but they are not going to make some kind of special exception to allow a certain type of Force character to use a blaster pistol based on either Strength or Willpower.

Of course they can. But they are not going to.

I dislike arbitrary weapon restrictions as much as the next person, but they are not going to make some kind of special exception to allow a certain type of Force character to use a blaster pistol based on either Strength or Willpower.

Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only person waiting on the explanation of the existence of the Assault Cannons that have the Cunning Stat instead of Aim. I mean, I laugh every time I loot them but I still question why they still are in the game when NONE of Companions that can equip AC's use Cunning nor does the Commando Trooper (unless they want to screw themselves over)

Edited by Altyrell

Problem is, is that you still start with the same Base Classes, and the only way this could possibly ever happen would be if they were to add New Advanced Class that has it's own unique Animations with either the Pistol or Lightsaber/Sword being used in the same way that the Shotgun/Knives are used with the Scoundrel/Operative AC's of the Smuggler & Agent (respectively). Only makes a physical appearance when certain Abilities are used with a set in stone animated appearance (iirc the Shotgun & Knives physical appearances don't change no matter what Shotgun/Knife is equipped in the off-hand slot, though I could be wrong)

wow! like all the animations the npcs use that characters dont? crazy!

like something that could be added by a new expansion?

that would be totally wild and unheard of huh?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.