Fleet Comms as GSF rewards

Telos

these things good for anything, at all gsf related?

no.

then why do we get em as gsf daily rewards? can't convert them to ship or fleet req. nothing new added to the crappy fleet comm vendor since makeb. i mean, i guess you could get the legacy gear, if you don't already have it, but after that... pointless.

no.

then why do we get em as gsf daily rewards? can't convert them to ship or fleet req. nothing new added to the crappy fleet comm vendor since makeb. i mean, i guess you could get the legacy gear, if you don't already have it, but after that... pointless.

Yup, that ball was dropped in an infinitesimal amount of time after they started fleet comms. I don't think some devs even know fleet comms exist, they play virtually no roll in the game. They should be tradable for fleet or ship req, or for basic comms, or something, you know like warzone comms--somewhat useful.

no.

Well, you can use them to buy Level 50 Ancient Artifact Storage Boxes which do have a very tiny chance of dropping a Czerka Crate-O-Matic.

But yeah, there is this thread, which is only the most recent about this topic.

You, uh, do realize that recognizing a ship's class by its skin is a vital skill in this game, yes?

That would be absolutely terrible. Suddenly I have no idea which of the three bombers coming at my sat right now is a Razorwire, which is a Legion, and which is a Decimus, and therefore I can't prioritize my targets at all. I also don't know if I'm dealing with a killscout Flashfire or a killscout Novadive until I see S2E or BLC (and if the flash is running quads, I'm basically screwed).

Cosmetics are a very, very important part of this game.

Wouldn't help at all. I can't count the number of times I've been in the middle of a heated dogfight that required all of my attention on the fight itself, leaving me completely unavailable to look at the target or buffs indicators. Sometimes I don't even know the name of my kills, much less what they're flying, because I have to be so quick about it.

Wouldn't help at all. I can't count the number of times I've been in the middle of a heated dogfight that required all of my attention on the fight itself, leaving me completely unavailable to look at the target or buffs indicators. Sometimes I don't even know the name of my kills, much less what they're flying, because I have to be so quick about it.

/sigh...

Ya. Dammit. Stings looks like really ugly dogs. Bloodmark is so much sexier.

Curse your logic!

That was a bad idea, but the root was great.

The idea with these comms is that you can participate in the rest of the game's economy with them- that GSF isn't isolated in every possible way. So you can buy things and sell them to people, or decorate your private GSF lobby, or whatever.

...But what if you had details or skins or paints or whatever that could be bought with this? You could start with some of the existing ones, and add new ones. Turning a type 2 scout into a version of a type 2 scout with a couple cool differences might be out of budget, but crafting the green/puke Republic color module, or any of the blue / not-so-blue Empire color modules (pretty much all of them), shouldn't be.

I would love so much to have the sting and bloodmark skins switched permanently. The flappy things on the sting aren't very aerodynamic or otherwise amazing, and look like they should hold sensors. Unfortunately, swapping it now is probably a bad idea.

Paint colors would be cute, but honestly I wouldn't buy them. That's just one person, though.

I think possibly the biggest issue with fleet comms is that there isn't anything obvious to get with them. Basics and WZ comms make it very obvious that you're supposed to upgrade your gear with them, but for many people, fleet comms are those things you got from the rails game at launch and ignored for the past year.

Edited by Armonddd

• 2 weeks later...

This is totally true... the GSF rewards are few and mostly pointless. The only thing I like about them is the ability to buy a model pub/imp scout to place in the stronghold. Other than that, there is no point in having the comms. At least the PVP players get the "PVP season rewards".... but us GSF players, we don't get anything new to enjoy.

Things I would like to see:

1. Life size ship decorations for the ship hooks: Bombers, Scouts, Strikers, and GunShips.

2. Hyperspace Beacon Utility decoration: Allows you to press it and transport you to another area of your house.

3. GSF themed paintings.

4. Gas canisters with unique colors.

5. Holo Map decorations (like the previous one from Ilum that came in a Cartel Pack).

6. Trophies

Edited by CommanderOtto