The amount of bad on TRE Rep side lately is just mind boggeling....

mmmbuddah

****, this is too true. I PVP daily in the best gear commendations can buy and I have been doing PVP for over a year and here are my observations: Republic side: can't be bothered with focus firing or killing the healer, it's a rule, not an exception; pubs are clueless about the Bolster Buff and actually believe their 198 PVE gear is fine (it's not); the inability of Pubs to follow logical instructions (kill the guy in PVE gear) is a feature, not a bug. Pub tanks not putting guards on Healers (this one blows my mind especially when they say, I need to rotate my guard to help those who are dying to which I say, I can bubble the entire team (if they are near me) and heal them better than your one tank guard rotation ever could. Pubs sending Sages to guard a node. That's just genius! Shadows not understanding that their role is to ninja the node or pylon when solo guarded (too often Shadows/Scoundrels take a pylon at the start of game and unless your team can hold that pylon until end of round, the other team will just take it back for more points.) Or worse, Shadows/Scoundrels not making the enemy healer their priority kill. Pubs groups not protecting their healer and expecting the healer to do it all, heal the team, self heal, fend off trouble and stay alive with no help from teammates (even though I am keeping you guys alive but you won't assist me while I am dealing with a Sin, Ops, PT or Mara who follows me all over the place because they want me dead.)

The joke is, I actually mark our friendly healers most of the time and tell the people "This is our healer, if he gets focused, you need to attack the person attacking them, and / or guard them as a tank" What happens next, no peels, no guard, no nothing, which is why I gave up healing pub side.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****, this is too true. I PVP daily in the best gear commendations can buy and I have been doing PVP for over a year and here are my observations: Republic side: can't be bothered with focus firing or killing the healer, it's a rule, not an exception; pubs are clueless about the Bolster Buff and actually believe their 198 PVE gear is fine (it's not); the inability of Pubs to follow logical instructions (kill the guy in PVE gear) is a feature, not a bug. Pub tanks not putting guards on Healers (this one blows my mind especially when they say, I need to rotate my guard to help those who are dying to which I say, I can bubble the entire team (if they are near me) and heal them better than your one tank guard rotation ever could. Pubs sending Sages to guard a node. That's just genius! Shadows not understanding that their role is to ninja the node or pylon when solo guarded (too often Shadows/Scoundrels take a pylon at the start of game and unless your team can hold that pylon until end of round, the other team will just take it back for more points.) Or worse, Shadows/Scoundrels not making the enemy healer their priority kill. Pubs groups not protecting their healer and expecting the healer to do it all, heal the team, self heal, fend off trouble and stay alive with no help from teammates (even though I am keeping you guys alive but you won't assist me while I am dealing with a Sin, Ops, PT or Mara who follows me all over the place because they want me dead.)

Sadly too true. I just played a match where the entire enemy team would focus fire their targets, and the ones I marked, be it healer or hard hitting dps would be completely ignored.

Some experiences on PoT5 ...

Being a Op healer and finding myself stuck on node guard duty because the defender bailed as soon as I showed up and started healing during a soft attack. You say in chat that you are a healer and you need a swap out and nobody comes to relieve you. That has happened more than a few times.

Or playing my Repub scoundrel in mid bracket and having nothing but off heals available and being the top healer in the match and not even given a single VIP. If I did over 100k in off heals that would have equaled probably 300k in dps.

Playing my commando in 60 bracket and being in a 8 v 8 with not a single healer on our side while the Imps have 2 healers.

Or playing that same commando, and have tanks on our team with not one point of guard by the end of the match.

I have seen all these things and then some. This game may be setup on the holy trinity format, but you sure could not tell it by the results in PVP.

Being a Op healer and finding myself stuck on node guard duty because the defender bailed as soon as I showed up and started healing during a soft attack. You say in chat that you are a healer and you need a swap out and nobody comes to relieve you. That has happened more than a few times.

Or playing my Repub scoundrel in mid bracket and having nothing but off heals available and being the top healer in the match and not even given a single VIP. If I did over 100k in off heals that would have equaled probably 300k in dps.

Playing my commando in 60 bracket and being in a 8 v 8 with not a single healer on our side while the Imps have 2 healers.

Or playing that same commando, and have tanks on our team with not one point of guard by the end of the match.

I have seen all these things and then some. This game may be setup on the holy trinity format, but you sure could not tell it by the results in PVP.

Too true. If only I could tank heal and dps, lol.

I am a Republic side healer and I will identify myself in chat that I am Heals and will be at mid healing. I then ask who is going to grass and no one responds. We get inside, land and then I watch the entire team go to mid forcing me, the Healer, to go capture grass. Then I start screaming in chat that I am guarding a node and not healing anyone and it amazes to no end at how long I have to wait until a replacement comes. Too often someone says, just go! I am not stupid enough to leave a node unguarded.

The reps on TRE have only a handful of good players now. I have seen SO many under geared bads. It is not difficult to hit 2018 expertise and only an idiot thinks having 60k endurance is a game changer.

If the gear was only the problem I would jump for joy, but some of the players seem to be brain damaged they are so bad. I cannot count the amount of players that cannot break 50 k as healing as healer, 150k of damage as dps over a WHOLE novare coast (not guarding , fighting) , or tanks that dont have a single point of guarding. It is mind boggeling. I sincerely wonder how they make it through the day without getting hit by a car.

I mean, we all know commando and plasmatech vg are not uber op, and require a bit of support, but I can go to my merc or pt and play them NO problem because I get at least a miniscule amount of support from healers or tanks. I do not even get that most the time on pub side. it is simply ridiculous.

Edited by mmmbuddah

If the gear was only the problem I would jump for joy, but some of the players seem to be brain damaged they are so bad. I cannot count the amount of players that cannot break 50 k as healing as healer, 150k of damage as dps over a WHOLE novare coast (not guarding , fighting) , or tanks that dont have a single point of guarding. It is mind boggeling. I sincerely wonder how they make it through the day without getting hit by a car.

I mean, we all know commando and plasmatech vg are not uber op, and require a bit of support, but I can go to my merc or pt and play them NO problem because I get at least a miniscule amount of support from healers or tanks. I do not even get that most the time on pub side. it is simply ridiculous.

I hear that. Unfortunately, common sense is something you can't really teach. I get stun locked by some players decisions but bads will always be bads for a reason

Have not logged on for almost a week now on either side but I main an operative healer aswell as a sage dd. On each of those toons I have a list of ppl I consider to be good PvPers and for the last month my rep list was pretty much empty. Except for a few old vets that come online just before midnight rep side is all new faces, while on imp side I often spot more than 4 online at the same time, any time of the day...at least for the last month.

Seeing all these responses it will either lead to ppl not bothering to PvP rep side, which will kill pops even more or imps will have to deal with an increasing number of bads.

Think we exausted this thread, just my 2 cents. TRE is all about regs, wonder how many see bads in ranked on TRE, or is it almost dead/same ppl over and over again.

I am considering moving to ToFN, not so much for ranked but just for the variety, for as long as 'that' might last....

It is literally near impossible to solo queue as a pub at the moment on TRE. Imp , no problem most of the time :(.

Dunno i was queueing the whole night repside yesterday. Haven't lost a single match. Had some terrible pugs now and then but i saw a good number of solid players both in my team and against us.

Edited by wmst

Dunno i was queueing the whole night repside yesterday. Haven't lost a single match. Had some terrible pugs now and then but i saw a good number of solid players both in my team and against us.

I havent queued 60s for over a week now, moved to my guardian and sage for the time being, it has been wins all across the board mids.........strange.

Its a easy fix you know, remove imps vs imps and keep only cross faction. When the imps are going to have to weight for 30 minutes for some reps to join.. Well they will bail really fast.

Congratulation!

You have passed the Bioware Developer Terribad Idea™ exam and are now qualified for a leadership position within the corporation. Keep pouring out these hallmark ideas and you will soon become VP of Creative Thinking at EA headquarters!

Congratulation!

You have passed the Bioware Developer Terribad Idea™ exam and are now qualified for a leadership position within the corporation. Keep pouring out these hallmark ideas and you will soon become VP of Creative Thinking at EA headquarters!

Why ?

What is your reasoning behind your congratulations ?

I play a healer and even if I get crazy focused by the other team and I find myself having to self heal to stay alive (as annoying as it is to get focused, I take some comfort in knowing that as long as they are trying to kill me, they are not killing my teammates) I can still pull off on a bad day, over 400K in heals in an 8 person arena or 200K in a 4 person arena and that's if the other team is making me their first kill priority (though, I have been completely shutdown by a Sin/Op combo). I can't imagine a healer, even a badly geared healer, not breaking 50K in heals, even under moderate focus pressure. That's a healer who is clueless about how to heal.

I play a healer and even if I get crazy focused by the other team and I find myself having to self heal to stay alive (as annoying as it is to get focused, I take some comfort in knowing that as long as they are trying to kill me, they are not killing my teammates) I can still pull off on a bad day, over 400K in heals in an 8 person arena or 200K in a 4 person arena and that's if the other team is making me their first kill priority (though, I have been completely shutdown by a Sin/Op combo). I can't imagine a healer, even a badly geared healer, not breaking 50K in heals, even under moderate focus pressure. That's a healer who is clueless about how to heal.

Yep, you are right, just like the tanks that dont have any protection after a 15 minute match, lol.

I chose this month to keep a record of my win/loss with regards PvP. As it happens, varios real life things have meant I haven't been able to do as much as I'd ahve liked. So my stats so far (started 3rd July).

This is with a 60 Sage & 60 Soorcerer. Raw data - I've not kept details of same faction or not, arena or WZ and I don't count any WZ I didn't see to the end.

Republic: Won 13 - Lost 29

Imperial: Won 33 - Lost 8

Various times of the day, some in the morning, some just after daily reset and some in an evening.

No real pattern other that any Imperial WZ I join I know there is a chance of a win, especially if it's Vs Reps.

When I'm playing Rep I pray for a same faction WZ...

I chose this month to keep a record of my win/loss with regards PvP. As it happens, varios real life things have meant I haven't been able to do as much as I'd ahve liked. So my stats so far (started 3rd July).

This is with a 60 Sage & 60 Soorcerer. Raw data - I've not kept details of same faction or not, arena or WZ and I don't count any WZ I didn't see to the end.

Republic: Won 13 - Lost 29

Imperial: Won 33 - Lost 8

Various times of the day, some in the morning, some just after daily reset and some in an evening.

No real pattern other that any Imperial WZ I join I know there is a chance of a win, especially if it's Vs Reps.

When I'm playing Rep I pray for a same faction WZ...

At this point I would really like a mix faction PvP system.