Concealment and PvP

Hello i have just got my operative to around 53 and have pvp'd a lot do they get better at 60? I am finding my burst a lot worse than most classes in pvp. I am saying this because i recently pvpd on my juggernaut as vengeance and i found the survivability and damage a lot better. Is there something i am doing wrong? I am just finding staying alive and killing targets quite difficult and i can't see the burst difference between a stealth burst spec/class and a warrior. Am i doing something wrong? Are they equally as bad as it seems at 60?

Staying alive should be not so hard with 53 as concealment.

U have roll and immunity... U have just to learn when to roll

Burst will get a big buff when u hit 57 with substance.

U will love it

Yeah the burst will get better at 56 when you pick up meticulously kept blades. It used to be available lower in the skill tree. So yeah hold out a bit longer.

A fun tip for healing as well. As long as you have 2 stacks of kolto probe up, casting it again will cause it to tick on cast.

So if you watch for its healing to pop, then recast, you can get 2 ticks close together. Also roll --> kolto pr --> roll ---> kolto pr can be a decent recovery technique; especially if you are running a couple % of alacrity and stim boost is up. 1gcd around ~1.38 seconds with roll immunity lasting 2 seconds.

Yeah the burst will get better at 56 when you pick up meticulously kept blades. It used to be available lower in the skill tree. So yeah hold out a bit longer.

A fun tip for healing as well. As long as you have 2 stacks of kolto probe up, casting it again will cause it to tick on cast.

So if you watch for its healing to pop, then recast, you can get 2 ticks close together. Also roll --> kolto pr --> roll ---> kolto pr can be a decent recovery technique; especially if you are running a couple % of alacrity and stim boost is up. 1gcd around ~1.38 seconds with roll immunity lasting 2 seconds.

Love this tip. Started playing my scoundrel again for the first time since we lost the KD on our opener and this new thing is awesome. Don't know why I hesitated so long to give it a shot. I guess when everyone talks about how hard it is I was put off but so far I don't find it hard as far as getting into it and being useful beyond DPS numbers, although I have lots of room for improvement. Can't wait to make the most of it as I can.

Frankly, it was a few months I was away from the game and I somehow forgot why the class was running second to my sniper slinger other than legacy gear. Has that much changed since the shot first nerf till now that it seems a lot cleaner and more fun?

Hello i have just got my operative to around 53 and have pvp'd a lot do they get better at 60? I am finding my burst a lot worse than most classes in pvp. I am saying this because i recently pvpd on my juggernaut as vengeance and i found the survivability and damage a lot better. Is there something i am doing wrong? I am just finding staying alive and killing targets quite difficult and i can't see the burst difference between a stealth burst spec/class and a warrior. Am i doing something wrong? Are they equally as bad as it seems at 60?

Concealment actually has some of the best burst in the game. You are only lvl 53 so you don't have your surge talent or volatile substance, which you get at lvl 56 and 57 respectively. Add the 6 piece set bonus and you get a auto crit on volatile substance once per minute. You should see harder hits on backstab, laceration, and veiled strike once you get to 56, and even more burst once you get volatile. So no worries.

As for survivability: it mainly comes down to knowing when to roll. Timing rolls is key to playing concealment. You need to know what to roll through, what to use shield probe or evasion for, and when to just take it and heal up with probes. Knowing other classes burst phases will help you a lot with this. I suggest taking the masterful utility counterstrike and making countermeasures and priority bind. It is a root breaker, which is very important since you can't roll while rooted.

You've got a few nice counters to Hatred with Concealment.

First, Evasion wipes all DoT's off you, so they have to reapply. Best timing for this is when they have their 2 DoT's on you and Demolish. Use it and they've lost a lot of dps, and time setting it up on you. If you attach evasion to your instant stealth skill (Which I've found great) This is a second full cleanse.

Also timing your rolls for skills like Demolish > Assassinate and maybe Death Field too as that buffs their DoT's on you. All these if done just right drops their damage by over 50%

Keep your HoT's up at all times and don't be afraid to kite them around the landscape and break LoS.

Don't use Roll back to back unless you're running. Only do this in emergency situations, you always want to have at least one roll at the ready just in case, so keep an eye on the Exfiltrate buff. Knowing when this is coming off CD and having a good idea of the other classes abilities is going to benefit you more than any of these other tips.

Universal one: Use Crippling Slice effectively. You can chain CS and Debilitate together for a full 8 seconds of them not being able to hit you other than Death Field and Lacerate (For the CS duration) Provided they don't speed away. Use it after they use force speed for best results. If they use CC breaker, then that's good for you, them wasting it on a root. And that doesn't even fill the resolve bar if it's empty...

This is from my experience as a Hatred Sin fighting Concealment, they are imo one of the best 1v1 classes, purely because of roll, it nullifies the other classes best skills, nothing they can do to counter it if you time it right. Getting stunlocked is what will kill you for sure, so be careful when you use your CC breaker, Try and save it just for their 4 second hard stun ideally, as the others will break when they start attacking you (And spin kick is only 2 seconds)

The Hatred Rotation normally goes something like this, just so you have an idea of what to expect: Their 2 DoT's, 'Discharge' --- 'Creeping Terror' --- Then 'Death Field' --- 'Double Strike' (Their Melee filler that procs Demolish --- 'Demolish' ( Instant Hard hitting skill with decent initial damage and a strong DoT.) Then finally 'Assassinate' White damage melee attack.

With Demolish being instant, it's hard to predict, but basically they will use it after their 1st double strike (Provided they hit you with their DoT's on you. That's a great time to roll.

They might apply Death Field at a different point, it kind of floats a little for me depending on the situation.

If you've not been able to avoid Demolish on their opening rotation, right after it is a good time to use Evasion as they are using Assassinate. Which in 60 pvp gear is an auto crit on the first attack that rotation. By doing so you're ridding yourself of three DoT's on you and if the timing works, avoiding a 9k autocrit on Assassinate.

Pull this off right, with your HoT's going, and you'll emerge from their opening rotation with full HP, or close to it, while you've been able to get a few good hits in.

Edited by Usif

You've got a few nice counters to Hatred with Concealment.

First, Evasion wipes all DoT's off you, so they have to reapply. Best timing for this is when they have their 2 DoT's on you and Demolish. Use it and they've lost a lot of dps, and time setting it up on you. If you attach evasion to your instant stealth skill (Which I've found great) This is a second full cleanse.

Also timing your rolls for skills like Demolish > Assassinate and maybe Death Field too as that buffs their DoT's on you. All these if done just right drops their damage by over 50%

Keep your HoT's up at all times and don't be afraid to kite them around the landscape and break LoS.

Don't use Roll back to back unless you're running. Only do this in emergency situations, you always want to have at least one roll at the ready just in case, so keep an eye on the Exfiltrate buff. Knowing when this is coming off CD and having a good idea of the other classes abilities is going to benefit you more than any of these other tips.

Universal one: Use Crippling Slice effectively. You can chain CS and Debilitate together for a full 8 seconds of them not being able to hit you other than Death Field and Lacerate (For the CS duration) Provided they don't speed away. Use it after they use force speed for best results. If they use CC breaker, then that's good for you, them wasting it on a root. And that doesn't even fill the resolve bar if it's empty...

This is from my experience as a Hatred Sin fighting Concealment, they are imo one of the best 1v1 classes, purely because of roll, it nullifies the other classes best skills, nothing they can do to counter it if you time it right. Getting stunlocked is what will kill you for sure, so be careful when you use your CC breaker, Try and save it just for their 4 second hard stun ideally, as the others will break when they start attacking you (And spin kick is only 2 seconds)

The Hatred Rotation normally goes something like this, just so you have an idea of what to expect: Their 2 DoT's, 'Discharge' --- 'Creeping Terror' --- Then 'Death Field' --- 'Double Strike' (Their Melee filler that procs Demolish --- 'Demolish' ( Instant Hard hitting skill with decent initial damage and a strong DoT.) Then finally 'Assassinate' White damage melee attack.

With Demolish being instant, it's hard to predict, but basically they will use it after their 1st double strike (Provided they hit you with their DoT's on you. That's a great time to roll.

They might apply Death Field at a different point, it kind of floats a little for me depending on the situation.

If you've not been able to avoid Demolish on their opening rotation, right after it is a good time to use Evasion as they are using Assassinate. Which in 60 pvp gear is an auto crit on the first attack that rotation. By doing so you're ridding yourself of three DoT's on you and if the timing works, avoiding a 9k autocrit on Assassinate.

Pull this off right, with your HoT's going, and you'll emerge from their opening rotation with full HP, or close to it, while you've been able to get a few good hits in.

Wow! Thats a nice write up. Will make use of some of this myself. Knew about the purge on evasion as it was a big point when I was deciding to go with my scoundrel/operative more.