Sync queues MVP/Tofn

MisterPepssi

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find the spot in the TOS that says "syncing" isn't allowed.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Bioware doesn't care about what people "feel" in regards of bans & suspensions.

Edited by ToMyMa

I thought TOFN was the spot all EU ranked players went? Shouldn't there be enough people in que now that it's really not a factor anymore.

Also, calling them out on the forums is also against the rules...

I dont really care, what they've doing should be against the rules.

Find the spot in the TOS that says "syncing" isn't allowed.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Bioware doesn't care about what people "feel" in regards of bans & suspensions.

So, would you like to confirm you're queue syncing in ranked PvP? Obviously you won't be actioned since it's perfectly fine...

So, would you like to confirm you're queue syncing in ranked PvP? Obviously you won't be actioned since it's perfectly fine...

I queue on rep side when I know there are people online, whom I can rely on.

So, you intentionally only queue when you know that people you want are online and others are not in queue to guarantee your team in solo ranked PvP?

You might want to try out rep queue on ToFN before you go on...

You might want to try out rep queue on ToFN before you go on...

I'm going to take this as your "yes" and assume you don't want to say you're queue syncing because you realize it really isn't intended and don't want your Tier 1 rewards for your Commando taken away for the past 4 seasons.

I'm going to take this as your "yes" and assume you don't want to say you're queue syncing because you realize it really isn't intended and don't want your Tier 1 rewards for your Commando taken away for the past 4 seasons.

very few players with high ratings in solo don't do this. it's been that way since s1. to be fair, when you play a mando/merc, the team composition is everything.

very few players with high ratings in solo don't do this. it's been that way since s1. to be fair, when you play a mando/merc, the team composition is everything.

I'm not disputing this. If it was a matter of not queueing because a known troll is queuing or watching for them to be in a match before you queue I could understand. But waiting until the people you know are the only ones in queue is a different story.

GJ putting words in my mouth.

Besides, I meant it. Take a bloody gander at ToFN rep side.

The problem with policing queue syncing is that it exists in a sort of moral grey area. Technically, it shouldn't be possible: there ought to be enough players on both sides to filter a coordinated group, and there should be enough teams in the group queue to make that the preferred alternative. Unfortunately, neither of those things are true: a guild might have no choice but to queue solo in order to get a match and they can't be held responsible if they happen to be the only ones queuing at the time. Do all queue syncers share this sob story? No, of course not. But the fact that they could makes combating it almost impossible from a moderation point of view.

Hopefully, when the gear prices drop this will help balance the factions and make queue syncing more difficult. One of the prime causes for imbalance is that one faction tends to win more, which helps them gear faster, which helps them win more, which -- I think you get where I'm going. The lower gear prices should help the weaker faction catch up which will help encourage players on their side to queue which will mean more players queuing for ranked on both factions.

Short term, the best way for players to handle this would be to just re-roll and queue up for the other side when you see them pulling this nonsense. More importantly, try recruiting other players to queue as well; no need to call anyone out, just advertise that ranked is popping and you're looking for more to queue. The syncers might cuss you out but they have no grounds to report you as long as you aren't trolling or jobbing.

Short term, the best way for players to handle this would be to just re-roll and queue up for the other side when you see them pulling this nonsense. More importantly, try recruiting other players to queue as well; no need to call anyone out, just advertise that ranked is popping and you're looking for more to queue. The syncers might cuss you out but they have no grounds to report you as long as you aren't trolling or jobbing.

This is the problem on ToFN - no imp is willing to go rep side because they know how crap the majority of reps are, which kinda invalidates whatever complaint they have regarding going against the same team. This problem can't be solved by Bioware (apart from the awfully obvious cross faction queue, but they aren't doing that) - it's the players who must do something.

Furthermore, the imps who do play a few matches tend to switch sides in a petty attempt to grief, not to play, well, for the sake of playing.

That said, I do agree that "syncing" is cheap, but in no way, shape or form is it against the rules. What people are doing in retaliation, however, is very much against the rules.

On the harbinger, if one queues solo on the pub side, one will sit in queue for a very long time and then pass out on the keyboard due to boredom. If one actually wants to play pub side solo ranked, one has to convince other people to queue as well. If one wants to actually have a chance at winning, one must get players that are known to be decent/good to queue (usually friends). Usually the only players that will be convinced to play pub side are those who don't really care all that much about rating. So, you have a few options: 1) Encourage random participation in e.g. pvp chat and lose over and over, 2) actually have a chance (queue sync), 3) don't bother playing ranked pub side. Pick one.

This sort of thing will continue until we get cross-faction. I don't think that cross-server would really help much because almost all servers are imp dominated. It has to be cross-faction IMO.

The overall message from BW is confusing to me. Is it supposed to be competitive with integrity in the competiton? If so, why did we not have cross faction from day one? Is it supposed to be merely casual, not really concerning with win/loss? Then why have tiered rewards with such high rating requirements? It's a completely mixed message, as if to officially discourage queue sync while simultaneously unofficially encouraging it. It's like a person publicly saying one thing, then coming up to you in private and saying "ignore what I said out there, do this other thing." It seems like making the rewards based on participation to an extent acknowledges this mixed message and attempts to say "ranked is more casual, just go out there and have fun, play a bunch of games."

Anyway, I don't do much ranked at all because this mixed message frustrates me to no end, especially when an obvious solution is sitting there. If I do ranked, I'm not caring at all about rating pub side.