Jeff Hickman has promised we will NOT be getting any new MMO content this year.

It's comical...Bioware should buy them all new keyboards for the wear they've endured recently. Just 2 weeks ago, the defenders were busy attacking anyone who saw this coming. Then yesterday, they were busy attacking anyone who didn't see it coming...it's been unreal lol.

All that remains here now is aftermath of somebody going though this entire thread spamming report post button to the max. Which was really unfortunate; Some of the bs thrown at my general direction would have been a real nice bitter sweet experience to read again now. ; p This thread has few pages worth of BW defense force rage @ OP deleted.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup...shocking tbh.

They're not the same thing.

TOR had a static amount of story. It's like comparing putting together a table to working at a cash register. One of these has a finite amount of work, and the other doesn't.

All that remains here now is aftermath of somebody going though this entire thread spamming report post button to the max. Which was really unfortunate; Some of the bs thrown at my general direction would have been a real nice bitter sweet experience to read again now. ; p This thread has few pages worth of BW defense force rage @ OP deleted.

Your thread was doomed from the start as story content is still mmo content and we are getting new stuff of that.

Your thread was doomed from the start as story content is still mmo content and we are getting new stuff of that.

It is not difficult at all for anyone who reads through the OP to know perfectly well what is being spoken of when " MMO Content" is mentioned in this context. It is a perfectly reasonable divide to make. Hickman kinda did so himself in the article.

It is also not difficult at all to try to be a smart arse about this stuff it seems.

In short, I really really really don't care what the locust players think, say or do. This game is not designed around them.

I can't believe I'm writing this...I've been struggling against it for years...Infernixx is right.

This game was advertised as KOTOR's spiritual successor. As a story-driven Bioware experience, where every choice matters. Where our characters get to be the focus of an epic cinematic storytelling.

I think it is downright ridiculous to neglect that "this" was the main selling point of this game all along, and just pretend like everyone cares what the room I'm fighting some boss in looks like. This game was never, and should never be, designed for the locust devouring crowd. What goes even beyond the point of ridiculous is to insult people as little KOTOR-whiners when coming to discuss the future of a game that was designed to be a successor to Knights of the Old Republic. It takes every credibility out of you.

It is not difficult at all for anyone who reads through the OP to know perfectly well what is being spoken of when " MMO Content" is mentioned in this context. It is a perfectly reasonable divide to make. Hickman kinda did so himself in the article.

It is also not difficult at all to try to be a smart arse about this stuff it seems.

Hey, if you want to make false thread titles go right ahead. Fact is you have no argument to make since it's not true.

I think you'd have to be silly to think players don't care about OPS. but yes, all players want new content and guess what. New stories and New OPs are both content players want.

Weekly cap or not, if alts are allowed to get rep like we have before, the weekly cap only matter since you can max a rep out the first week by collecting the tokens. Then just turn them in at the start of the following week, never really needing to touch the grind again. I think that will be more prevelant given everyone will now have more alts than normal after the 12X bonus months.

Yea, too bad all thats left is old OPS and his only other option was to postpone a rep grind till the next week so he could pretend it was new.

to bad it's not designed to incorporate the great story content BW does create and the good OPS they used to make. You know, the best of both worlds that just happened to help stabilized the game after it started to flop by relying on story content too much.

In all this, you haven't said a single thing to dispute what I've put forth.

Fox News once sued the FCC so they could have the right to lie to their audience.

Misleading and lying titles is hardly surprising with that in mind.

Good to know we aren't expected to be better than Fox News.

Wait...

They're not the same thing.

TOR had a static amount of story. It's like comparing putting together a table to working at a cash register. One of these has a finite amount of work, and the other doesn't.

As you said, denial is more than a river in Egypt.

In all this, you haven't said a single thing to dispute what I've put forth.

Hush Infernixx. Do not destroy their dreams. And do not dispute the "launch problem" they will soon throw into your face. Did that earlier today, went horribly into the wrong direction.

Hush Infernixx. Do not destroy their dreams. And do not dispute the "launch problem" they will soon throw into your face. Did that earlier today, went horribly into the wrong direction.

As I said earlier, the game failed for many reasons at launch.

When they say that the game failed because of a lack of end-game content, they mean that the game failed 'for them' because of the lack of OPs. They mean to say that story isn't as valuable to them as Ops, so the new expansion is gonna be bad 'for them' and therefore a terrible thing.

It's the inability to look past themselves and their own desires and fears. When BW says "we're not going to focus on OPs right now" they hear "We're not going to focus on you right now. These other players are more important to us now. Go do some old stuff and check back in 2016. Maybe."

So, in comes anger and uncertainty and all the wonderful posts on the forums.

Thread titles aren't supposed to make arguments.

Content makes arguments.

Good grief. You make a solid, thoughtful post, and compulsive game-huggers somehow troll themselves with it. Shame you can't get much intelligent debate in response.

Good grief. You make a solid, thoughtful post, and compulsive game-huggers somehow troll themselves with it. Shame you can't get much intelligent debate in response.

Not much of a solid thoughtful post if all it equates to is Dooom! Doooom! Doooooooom!

im not expecting the new, sp content to be very long. interesting, of course, but not very confident in bw anymore.

with the announcement that there are no new ops, i cancelled my sub...again. pvp is already an unplayable mess, so nothing left to do here.

Not much of a solid thoughtful post if all it equates to is Dooom! Doooom! Doooooooom!

To someone compulsive and overly emotional I suppose it might look that way. At least you're bumping it for him though so kudos there.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Hey if it means more people see he lied, then /shrug.

A lie eh? Silly me, I forget intelligence and maturity vary greatly on the internet carry on. And be sure to reply to this post to get the last word in. It's not what people who confidently believe in what they're saying need to do, but it checks the compulsive box and that's important too.

Edited by Joesixxpack