PvP is a nightmare, getting the Valor up to 60

AlCorazon

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to get your valor up to 60 without participating in PvP war-zones?

I need this valor to wear some rear gear... it requires 60 valor.

I did all by the book, i got myself lower rating gear to get a booster on expertise in PVP, and now even with two sets of pvp gear on me already, some players still will die of laughter before i kill them in a war-zone!

So far i have only won 4 matches out of i don't know how many ... i am playing on the imperial side. It seems that i can't penetrate any republican i meet in that war-zone.

Will it get any better?

PvP is hell and i hate it!! :)

Valor is only gained through warzones at this point. You can get valor boosts that work like experience boosts to make it go faster. Keep in mind only one version of the gear you are trying to wear has a valor requirement. If it's War Hero gear for example, there is also a Ranked War Hero version that is a different color and has no valor requirement. You can use dyes to customize if you find the one that doesn't require 60 valor. Same goes for the Batllemaster stuff as well.

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to get your valor up to 60 without participating in PvP war-zones?

I need this valor to wear some rear gear... it requires 60 valor.

I did all by the book, i got myself lower rating gear to get a booster on expertise in PVP, and now even with two sets of pvp gear on me already, some players still will die of laughter before i kill them in a war-zone!

So far i have only won 4 matches out of i don't know how many ... i am playing on the imperial side. It seems that i can't penetrate any republican i meet in that war-zone.

Will it get any better?

PvP is hell and i hate it!! :)

It should get better, PvP is a different beast from PvE since your opponent is actively countering what you're doing instead of following mechanics. The more you engage in it, the easier it'll get to handle.

Hate to drop back to the basics, Im sure you've got this all down but always good to double check; you mentioned you got lower level gear to pvp in; may I ask what level your pieces are? You changed out implants, earpiece and relics as well? When you're in a warzone, what is your expertise value? Is it maxed at 2018 or is it below? What level is your main and off hand, and you don't have any mods, armorings, enhancements or color crystal with expertise on them mixed with non expertise pieces right? What class are you playing? etc.

Edited by Amaste

It should get better, PvP is a different beast from PvE since your opponent is actively countering what you're doing instead of following mechanics. The more you engage in it, the easier it'll get to handle.

Hate to drop back to the basics, Im sure you've got this all down but always good to double check; you mentioned you got lower level gear to pvp in; may I ask what level your pieces are? You changed out implants, earpiece and relics as well? When you're in a warzone, what is your expertise value? Is it maxed at 2018 or is it below? What level is your main and off hand, and you don't have any mods, armorings, enhancements or color crystal with expertise on them mixed with non expertise pieces right? What class are you playing? etc.

For pvp i got 162 gear that includes implants and earpiece ... i removed relics alltogether ... offhand and mainhand are also 162. My regular PVE gear is mostly 198 so i change before i go to PvP.

When i started earning commendations i bought a chest and leg piece (with expertise) and put it in to the pvp outfit, so it is a mix i inted to replace them all. With two gear pieces with expertise life did get better a little. I am planning to get a 3 piece soon.

It is a 60 assasin, a deception assasin. In PVE i DPS like crazy, in PvP i feel myself like a little ***** :D

As to expertise value, never checked don't know where i can check it?

Edited by AlCorazon

Valor is only gained through warzones at this point. You can get valor boosts that work like experience boosts to make it go faster. Keep in mind only one version of the gear you are trying to wear has a valor requirement. If it's War Hero gear for example, there is also a Ranked War Hero version that is a different color and has no valor requirement. You can use dyes to customize if you find the one that doesn't require 60 valor. Same goes for the Batllemaster stuff as well.

Mine is the battlemasters set, paid a lot of creds for it .. made me broke :D I want to wear that gear.. so i will keep trying.

For pvp i got 162 gear that includes implants and earpiece ... i removed relics alltogether ... offhand and mainhand are also 162. The regular PVE is mostly 198 so i change before i go to PvP.

When i started earning commendations i bought a chest and leg piece and put it in to the pvp outfit, so it is a mix i inted to replace them all. With two gear pieces with expertise life did get better a little. I am planning to get a 3 piece soon.

It is a 60 assasin, a deception assasin. In PVE i DPS like crazy, in PvP i feel myself like a little ***** :D

you'll want to put 2 relics on, since bolster requires something be in the slot for expertise to be applied. I just use the dark/light side II ones from the GTN vendor area til i get pvp relics tbh, costs like 7k total. at 162 for main and offhand you do lose a little bit of expertise on the level but not an obscene amount. if you can drop to like 146 or something, like the level 50 basic comm ones that come with the full armor sets, it might be beneficial for you.

When I said mixing I mean having, for example, an expertise mod in a weapon with a pve barrel, enhancement and crystal. Bolster is a bit screwy how it works, basically it looks at every slot in your gear peice for expertise. If there is no expertise in any of the slots (barrel, mod, enhancement, crystal etc), it will give you expertise for that piece. There's also the whole item level thing, but lets just assume all the pve pieces are sub 162 for ease of explaining xD.

However if you have expertise in 1 of the slots (say the +41 expertise crystal on a pve weapon) it will not award extra expertise for that piece, so you lose the bonus it would of given you for the entire weapon, and you're left with just the +41 expertise crystal bonus, losing around 160 or so potential expertise from it.

Judging from the sound of it you're probably at 1500-1700 expertise at the moment, which will be a huge hit to your spike DPS (everything perfect but 2 relics missing will put you at 1800 if i remember) and definitely cause the issues you're having in the middle of firefights. SOme minor tweaks will help your damage and survivability quite a bit. :)

Edited by Amaste

1) Start PvPing early. Like, level 10. Getting your Valor up to 60 if you only started PvPing at max level is going to be very painful because those people you're playing against have been playing those characters in PvP since level 10, and they are now very good at it.

2) If your expertise is below 2013, you need to find ways of raising it. There are many good guides on bolster and how it works. Read them.

3) Battlemaster set and you paid credits for it? Umm... As far as I know it's been discontinued since 2012. When you equip them all in a WZ, is your Expertise 2013 or higher? If not, then you're SERIOUSLY gimping yourself.

If you had started PvPing at level 10, you would be aware of this stuff. Trying to hit valor 60 if you've never PvP'd before level 60 is going to be so painful it may turn you off of the game entirely. If you want to learn how to PvP, start early and play often. Get Valor 40 by level 40, because the grind to 60 from there is LOOONG. Never, ever stay in a warzone if your bolstered valor isn't 2013. Well, it's OK to stay but expect to get trounced often by people with higher expertise than you.

TL;DR: It's probably not worth it if you aren't enjoying PvP.

FURTHER ADVICE: Use the Battlemaster set you bought in the appearance editor. Then you can get the look but you don't need to do any more PvP!

Edited by Fidelicatessen

Battlemaster set and you paid credits for it? Umm... As far as I know it's been discontinued since 2012. When you equip them all in a WZ, is your Expertise 2013 or higher? If not, then you're SERIOUSLY gimping yourself.

FURTHER ADVICE: Use the Battlemaster set you bought in the appearance editor. Then you can get the look but you don't need to do any more PvP!

He probably bought the crafted shells from an Armormech or Synthweaver. I still have some of the Battlemaster and War Hero schems on my Armormech.

Unfortunately, I think he'll still need to hit Valor rank 60 to even put those BM shells in the Outfit Designer: I tried doing that with my Sniper and a BM Field Tech set, and it still called me out for not having a high enough Valor rank.

He probably bought the crafted shells from an Armormech or Synthweaver. I still have some of the Battlemaster and War Hero schems on my Armormech.

Unfortunately, I think he'll still need to hit Valor rank 60 to even put those BM shells in the Outfit Designer: I tried doing that with my Sniper and a BM Field Tech set, and it still called me out for not having a high enough Valor rank.

Exactly on point... the schematics for this particular set are gone...so only those who have now will have it ...

And yes i still need 60 ...

On GTN this set is becoming more and more expensive...and it looks damn cool .. its a Battlemaster Forcemaster Set ..no matter what anyone sees as to how common or bad of a set it is, i wan to wear it, cost me 1.5 million all together...

I was at 0 Valor 3 days ago, now i am at 25 with 3 pieces of expertise gear already on... one battle didn't die a single time today and was delcared unbeatable 5 times... so im learning! :)

Exactly on point... the schematics for this particular set are gone...so only those who have now will have it ...

On GTN this set is becoming more and more expensive...and it looks damn cool .. its a Battlemaster Forcemaster Set ..no matter what anyone sees as to how common or bad of a set it is, i wan to wear it, cost me 1.5 million all together...

I was at 0 Valor 3 days ago, now i am at 25 with 3 pieces of expertise gear already on... one battle didn't die a single time today and was delcared unbeatable 5 times... so im learning! :)

Argh...I wasn't impressed with the Force-user Battlemaster armors, so I didn't bother picking them up for my Synthweaver.

Now I wish I had, purely for the potential money-making opportunity...

Glad to hear, seems like you're having more fun. :) Keep it up man!

Edited by Amaste

Glad to hear, seems like you're having more fun. :) Keep it up man!

Thanks, the expertise rating in a WZ is 1875, this is with 4 pieces of expertise gear, rest 162, i am replacing bit by bit...untill i get it all replaced.

I enjoy the Sith Assasin on Deception, if used correctly its a deadly creature i can come from behind and do a lot of damage, immobilize with 3 different abilities... it can be fun!!!

Thanks, the expertise rating in a WZ is 1875, this is with 4 pieces of expertise gear, rest 162, i am replacing bit by bit...untill i get it all replaced.

I enjoy the Sith Assasin on Deception, if used correctly its a deadly creature i can come from behind and do a lot of damage, immobilize with 3 different abilities... it can be fun!!!

I'd change your main hand and off hand next. Keep in mind the new pvp weapons do not come with an expertise crystal, and you'll have to buy one off the gtn. :)

I'd change your main hand and off hand next. Keep in mind the new pvp weapons do not come with an expertise crystal, and you'll have to buy one off the gtn. :)

Expertise Crystal? Really! More news! How much will that run me? )