What? Oh, come on! That was a feature, not a bug! Don't fix that!

From the patch notes:

"Armor pieces with visual effects no longer continue playing the effects if they are stamped over in the Outfit Designer."

Dammit! I wanted my Inquisitor to constantly have the effect from the new Energized Triumvirate Armor Set but with a different outfit!

Now there's no point in buying the set! (Because it looks godawful!)

:mad:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is a completely stupid and unnecessary change!

First of all, those effects only exist on armour that is fully customizable, so there's no reason to have those hidden under a stamped outfit from the designer since they don't have any stats inherent to them.

The only reason to use them was for their visuals.

The sets themselves are just old sets reused!

Please explain further so I know of what is getting fixed.

The two new sets from the latest pack. Energized something or another and a Brawler's headpiece.

The Energized chest/headpiece would generate a Lightning effect on your chest and head when you draw your weapon. You could equip the armor pieces and use Outfit thing to imprint an armor set over those ugly pieces and the Lightning effect would show up on the Outfit set.

The Brawler's headpiece would have your eyes glowing whenever you drew your weapon. Same thing, use Outfit thing to imprint over the ugly piece and you could have glowing eyes with your outfits.

They fixed that because NERF FUN.

Edited by Infernixx

When it comes to fixings bugs that players actually like, than Bioware is as fast as a lightning.

On the other hand, many weapons special effects are still broken after more than 2 years... :rolleyes:

Edited by Sindariel

Bioware is always UNaware of their own mistakes.

This armor is NOT working unless you use it in MAIN slot armor. Which means its NOT working in outfit slots - effects are simply not showing up.

But they obviously was too busy by fixing this "game breaking" bug.

Everyone knew this was going to be fixed back when dulfy posted about how to take advantage of the bug.

One can guess, but it was NEVER confirmed it was a bug until today.

But just because as you say EVERYONE KNEW, that does not mean this should be done.

One can guess, but it was NEVER confirmed it was a bug until today.

But just because as you say EVERYONE KNEW, that does not mean this should be done.

Anyone who did not think it was a bug and that it was going to be fixed was simply engaging in wishful thinking.

Anyone who did not think it was a bug and that it was going to be fixed was simply engaging in wishful thinking.

Conidering how many other "real" bugs go unfixed, I'd say they were simply being realistic.

But then it did seem like a feature, it didn't seem like a bug since the effects didn't show up if you used the outfit as a "stamped" outfit, you had to actually have the item in your actual slots.

Thus it seemed to not be a bug, but a feature.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE IT. T_T

Nobody asked for this. There are years old items and issues that should have been fixed (Kallig's Countenance waves hello). This doesn't impair ANYONE in any possible way. Glowing eyes on my Jedi knight were such a cool feature.

OR if you do wish to change it, then please provide us with a way to use those special effects on other outfits.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE IT. T_T

Nobody asked for this. There are years old items and issues that should have been fixed (Kallig's Countenance waves hello). This doesn't impair ANYONE in any possible way. Glowing eyes on my Jedi knight were such a cool feature.

OR if you do wish to change it, then please provide us with a way to use those special effects on other outfits.

Look Eric!

Both me and Alec agree on something!

That's more uncommon than winning the jackpot at the lottery!

Surely that must count for something!