I feel like my razer product let me cheat a little

Michaelphoenix

But at the same time its sooo convenient....

on my vanguard i have a macro set up when i push my button it tries to cast stockstrike, then it tries to cast High Impact bolt, then if both of those are on CD it does my standard shock attack. Because of this i never have to worry bout watching CDs and the like and my biggest abilities are always cast on CD.

You guys think its cheating?

But at the same time its sooo convenient....

on my vanguard i have a macro set up when i push my button it tries to cast stockstrike, then it tries to cast High Impact bolt, then if both of those are on CD it does my standard shock attack. Because of this i never have to worry bout watching CDs and the like and my biggest abilities are always cast on CD.

You guys think its cheating?

That is what you would be able to do in every other game in the world other than SWTnomacroR.

/cast stockstrike

/cast highimpactbolt

/cast standardshockattack

Bind to 1 and hit 1111111111

How do you keybind something that isn't on a quickbar? these bars are ENORMOUS at 1080p and they are full @30.

if you can do that - yes it's cheating and once that's confirmed i will resort to hacking to even the odds.

I'm thinking he has the abilities on the toolbar and keybind. Then he set up a macro that press the 3 buttons in order, perhaps with some slight delay in between.

How do you keybind something that isn't on a quickbar? these bars are ENORMOUS at 1080p and they are full @30.

if you can do that - yes it's cheating and once that's confirmed i will resort to hacking to even the odds.

here is my macro

ctrl +shift 2 (2nd bar)

7 (stock strike)

ctrl +shift 1 (1st bar)

= (High Impact Bolt)

2 (Ion pulse)

they are on the quickbar i just use the razer macro system to move from ability to ability if either of the abilities with a CD are up then they hit if not the basic ion pulse hits

I'm thinking he has the abilities on the toolbar and keybind. Then he set up a macro that press the 3 buttons in order, perhaps with some slight delay in between.

I enjoyed your speculation but this is not confirmation that could afford me the justice to match the behavior without purchasing this hardware. I do own a 15 button steel series though... not that it matters. They are totally **** mice.

Simple answer is yes. It is cheating if you read the EULA since your razor driver is not a part of the SWTOR software it is in fact using a 3rd party program to play the game.

However i havent heard of anyone yet to be banned for using G15/G19/Razor etc from the mainstream games.

In the competitive PvP games like Darkfall and some other Indie games people are known to have been banned for using G15 macros or autohotkey. Mostly for unattended macroing tho rather than the macros themselves.

In short. Yes it is cheating according to the EULA. But it's a grey area that is generally permitted.

Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions:

You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate.

I take this to mean that you can use macros as long as they perform actions that you could normally do yourself at the same speed.

So yeah, you can use your mouse macros as long as they aren't making you level way faster. Even so, I'd keep it on the DL just in case I'm wrong

they cant tell you what to use to run/play the game surely. Every one must have same spec pc and internet connection as well then ! and all use same keyboard and mouse. Extreme example but

EDIT: and how would they detect and combat it ? ban every one that hit ability's too much ?

Edited by lethal_ghost

the lack of macros is forcing ppl to l2p agian which is something you see in warzones alot, ppl are simply more noob than before due to this (not like in rift where you used a total of 3 buttons all macroed for all your abilities)

the hardware macro users are in essence cheating but then agian subpar players need training wheels for everything, next thing they will ask for boss mods, crafting guides etc.

Simple answer is yes. It is cheating if you read the EULA since your razor driver is not a part of the SWTOR software it is in fact using a 3rd party program to play the game.

However i havent heard of anyone yet to be banned for using G15/G19/Razor etc from the mainstream games.

In the competitive PvP games like Darkfall and some other Indie games people are known to have been banned for using G15 macros or autohotkey. Mostly for unattended macroing tho rather than the macros themselves.

In short. Yes it is cheating according to the EULA. But it's a grey area that is generally permitted.

No, just no. They will never ban for using a keyboard with macro capabilities, that would cause them so many issues and probably a few lawsuits by the real harcore players with more money the nreason.