The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What will happen to the PVP in this future (single player MMO) ?

I'm sorry if I sound bitter...

So first I'm trying to understand the logic of making an MMO universe and creating a huge expansion only about SINGLE PLAYER STORY.

then the big question if we destroy the factions like the Empire and Republic... or we all fast forward 50 years into the future....do we all just return to the fleet and queue for the same old warzones again to fight like nothing ever happened??

No doubt some troll will reply shut up and go back to world of warcraft ™

Am I the only one who dare questions the whole aspect of Biowares vision of MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLEPLAYING GAME?

Why can't we agree that creating equal pvp and pve content makes a great MMO?

The answer to all the problems in this game can't simply be STORY STORY STORY.

(sorry this is an angry rant from a hardcore star wars fan who loves to pvp) which means I'm a nobody...

Edited by COOKIESNOMNOMNOM

I'm sorry if I sound bitter...

So first I'm trying to understand the logic of making an MMO universe and creating a huge expansion only about SINGLE PLAYER STORY.

then the big question if we destroy the factions like the Empire and Republic... or we all fast forward 50 years into the future....do we all just return to the fleet and queue for the same old warzones again to fight like nothing ever happened??

No doubt some troll will reply shut up and go back to world of warcraft ™

Am I the only one who dare questions the whole aspect of Biowares vision of MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLEPLAYING GAME?

Why can't we agree that creating equal pvp and pve content makes a great MMO?

The answer to all the problems in this game can't simply be STORY STORY STORY.

(sorry this is an angry rant from a hardcore star wars fan who loves to pvp) which means I'm a nobody...

They're re-doing pvp economy in the next patch, which I think is the 31st of July. Making pvp more accessible for ppl. I suggest you look that up.

Also, your rant seems to be going in the direction of "lel they're getting rid of pvp and Ops and fps".

No, the focus (for now) is story, which is what a majority of the swtor fan base want. Pvp is still available, as will the ranked seasons. Furthermore, Ops and fps are still going to be released even though they are rebalancing older content.

Like I said the current focus is on story and expanding on what is set down already, pvp and Ops won't be forgotten - its just taking a backseat for the moment, so don't let it rustle your jimmies too much :)

Also...

GO BACK TO WOW YOU NEWB! LOLOLOLOLOL!

the PVP will go exactly no where in this expansion. it'll continue as it always has, given plenty of attention, and balancing for it, while PVPers cry that BW somehow isn't giving them eneugh because every patch isn't about PVP or something

the PVP will go exactly no where in this expansion. it'll continue as it always has, given plenty of attention, and balancing for it, while PVPers cry that BW somehow isn't giving them eneugh because every patch isn't about PVP or something

^^ This too. They make balancing a point on most patches. We got a new huttball arena! Stop moaning! D:

Oh you guys are so right as always, we pvpers are such babies. we pvpers should unsub all of us should unsub play a game that adds content on both fronts.

yeah pvpers get patches everyday FULL OF CONTENT and class balances **** ****** nerd go back to wow.

bai gais

Edited by COOKIESNOMNOMNOM

Oh you guys are so right as always, we pvpers are such babies. we pvpers should unsub all of us should unsub play a game that adds content on both fronts.

yeah pvpers get patches everyday FULL OF CONTENT and class balances **** ****** nerd go back to wow.

bai gais

Bye-bye!

lol even wow pvp is bad now, everyone who plays it knows that and will admit it. there are no good mmo's with decent pvp anymore, don't say anything about the weeaboo mmo's because that is disgusting. dismissed.

bai gais

ok 1. never played WoW. 2: why yes I am a nerd. I play, and even *gasp* roleplay in, a Star Wars MMO.

and yes if this upsets you feel free to unsub. maybe if it turns out BW is wrong and PVP drives this game BW'll learn from it and adjust their plans. but I doubt thats the case. fact is everything BW has said and done points to a decline in those who take part in PVP, even while this game is seeing population spikes. It sucks but you're proably gonna have to accept that you're not the target market. just like I accept the upcoming battlefront is primarily gonna be about the PVP with story being secondary.

Stop with the hate already, getting rebalancing is not considered getting PvP content. Personally I think it's great that they're putting a lot of effort into the story but I'd like to see some serious effort PvP side as well. EA/Bioware is making huge profits with this game right now and there's really no excuse to pump some of that mony back into the PvP community as it wouldn't cost much and in the end benefits all players of the game.

Lets see an expansion that includes a new pack of maps (around 5, a couple arena and a couple warzone), some new rewards that you can only get from PvP'ing and a couple of other things. It isn't much to ask. People who complain to much or troll with worthless replies don't help, it's old already. Some light trolling will always be funny but being constructive is better for everyone.

Edited by djcetra