re-subbed because of the new direction

Peeved

I am glad they decided to spend some money and add more story content. Fantastic decision. Now any chance for a new class or two? Pet class, maybe? Idk. But, I truly believe it would freshen it up even more. But at least they are going in the right direction. Just please don't go overboard on freshening up. *cough cataclysm*

Same here. Got sick of Blizzard's BS, saw the xpac trailer for SWTOR and immediately resubbed. I am feeling optimistic about the new direction.

I think it was confirmed that there will never be a new class (i.e., new voice actor and story), but there was some discussion about the possibilities of adding new advanced classes.

Anyway, welcome back!

Every class is a pet class :)

Also, it's pretty much impossible for them to add a new class at this point. That would be a MASSIVE cost for little gain.

Unless...

They added some sort of "Prestige" class like Death Knights in WoW that start at a much higher level.

And welcome back, I've recently returned myself for 12x XP and am staying for the new direction.

Welcome back you guys. :D

There seem to be a lot of returning players in game now too. The trailer's doing its work.

Thank you! I got pretty discouraged with this game at one point. But I am being positive it will be better. Even though they really need to re-think the headpieces the artists do..... :o

As far as another class, they could add some more advanced classes. Or, Maybe like someone suggested a "hero" class where you abandon your current class and pursue the new one? A new kind of Jedi?

They have great writers that could think of something. Anyways thank you bioware for stepping up and doing what your known for. Storytelling. See you guys in-game :cool:

Well, they might do a good story, but the choices and impact of those choices?? i highly doubt they will stick to that or the choices that do make an impact will be so small, it wouldn't even be worth mentioning....i mean if there was a choice of sparing someone at the lower level or killing them, only to find out in this new expansion story, you encounter them again and they add in some powerful allies as a thank you for sparing him that make such a huge difference....

That will never happen, it would be minor choices that make any impact, however tiny they are.

Well, they might do a good story, but the choices and impact of those choices?? i highly doubt they will stick to that or the choices that do make an impact will be so small, it wouldn't even be worth mentioning....i mean if there was a choice of sparing someone at the lower level or killing them, only to find out in this new expansion story, you encounter them again and they add in some powerful allies as a thank you for sparing him that make such a huge difference....

That will never happen, it would be minor choices that make any impact, however tiny they are.

Well, you could be right. But I think I read somewhere they said their would be consequences for your actions. Whether small or not we don't know that yet. I am willing to stay positive though. Either way, I am just glad they are expounding upon the original story line. I do hope they get the dude who wrote IA involved. That dude can write.

I am glad they decided to spend some money and add more story content. Fantastic decision. Now any chance for a new class or two? Pet class, maybe? Idk. But, I truly believe it would freshen it up even more. But at least they are going in the right direction. Just please don't go overboard on freshening up. *cough cataclysm*

Same here!

More story! Not expanded class stories that I was always hoping for but this might turn out even better. I have wanted to *swap* companions since forever. Also many times just wanted to do my class stories up to that point. With horrible alt-itis that I have, I certainly have seen enough of the regular planet missions for a lifetime. We'll see in a few months I guess.

I understand what you guys mean by 'pet class' but the companions are not pets. They're AIs sure, but they're not PETS. Last time I checked, my old Hunter's wolf didn't talk in Basic/English to her and I couldn't romance him....well I could if i were into that, but I'm not.

Pets do NOT equal companions in Swtor. Companions are people. Pets are animals.

Sorry massive pet peeve of mine.

Edited by Eanelinea

Also, it's pretty much impossible for them to add a new class at this point. That would be a MASSIVE cost for little gain.

Unless...

They added some sort of "Prestige" class like Death Knights in WoW that start at a much higher level.

And welcome back, I've recently returned myself for 12x XP and am staying for the new direction.

The instant level 60 shows that a "Prestige" Class is possible for them and a way to create more if they ever do. Even just adding more Advanced Classes for the current ones would be sweet.

I am back as well!

Took a long long break, but hearing about story and companions just made me so so happy. So now I am back! Currently doing my first run through Maanan with my main JK. As I now have discovered Theron Shawn * fans self * the next character to lvl will be a brand new Imperial Agent. Not romantically into her original LI so this will be fun!

Pretty please, for the sake of all things fluffy. Please let him be a LI in the expansion as well.

* crosses all fingers and toes*

I understand what you guys mean by 'pet class' but the companions are not pets. They're AIs sure, but they're not PETS. Last time I checked, my old Hunter's wolf didn't talk in Basic/English to her and I couldn't romance him....well I could if i were into that, but I'm not.

Strange... my warlock's pets talked all the time. Imp commented on the arena matches last night, Felguard was always talking about how he wanted to cut me in half, my voidwalker could never find a comfortable climate and my succubus... well, she didn't talk THAT much, but then she really liked gags...

Me too I just resubbed after reading this thread and checking out the new expansion. It's really exciting to see promise of new content story coming at regular pace.

I had fun already with Shadow of Revan. It give me the objective to keep leveling characters and getting ready for the new xpac. Fun, fun, fun!

P.S: WoW is just garbage now.

Edited by Juriel

You know, I can totally get behind that. My companions make me feel something for the story and the game. A pet in WoW - I could replace that at will and care less doing it. Do enough adventures with your sidekick companion and you never really want to trade up.

A "pet class" is any class that relies upon player-directed AI. It doesn't have anything to do with the species of the pet. An archetypal pet class in RPGs is the necromancer, who might use reanimated people. Other common pet mechanics include charm spells, which can in many games charm humanoid mobs.

The companion combat system in swtor is a pet system. Companions are pets. They follow the player character, you put them on active or passive, you select the spells they use, you can direct their attacks, and their stats and roles are meant to compliment those of the player character. That said, I don't think any classes in swtor rise to the level of pet class, as they are all designed to forgo the pets in multiplayer settings (flashpoints, ops etc).

Edited by Laiov

I'm here too, due to the new storyline missions coming up! Very much looking forward to them. I got the $40 special in the spring (mostly for the expansion and CC -- I do still poke my head in now and then), figured I'd probably go back to Preferred status after my 60 days were up. But then they added an appearance tab system and I stayed on a bit, and now story -- that's what will keep me around, if anything will.

Unless...

WoW and SWTOR thouugh similar are differentenough to warrant completely different approaches when it comes to certain things.. e.g. i could never recomend a space game like thing for wow, even using flying mounts, but i would urge SWTOR to extend the 3-D GS into open space world and develop that as a separate project in-game almost SWG style whiles the normal game continues.

in WoW, i would suggest a building game where you can re-build the ravaged civilizations , as a separate Civilization/Minecraft developed game that takes place in the gaming environment, where you can take your fave race to dominate the world.. it will never work on SWTOR ...altho its conquest game would be a totally different style

So.. to classes, for classes, in SWTOR, I would allow mixing and matching in a prestige class system that will allow say a Sage to pick up shadow abilities or knight abilities or alterantively learn how to handle a gun like slinger or heal with devices.

you can either add a 4th specialization from another class, or build a combo class from existing classes... that would work. In wow, i'd suggest they do something like SWTOR does with it's mirror classes, e.g. they could allow rogues or warlocks to become demon hunters, and a demon hunter is a unique blending of rogue and warlock... and generate new pseudo classes that way based on theme. Some classes can just literally re-name abilities there and have unique class specific weapons to make them even more meaningful. they can have race specific classes there too- like night elf sentinel would be a paladin but with renamed abilities with their unique visuals and you get the snetinel weapon instead.. each race can start having themed classes.