Hk-51

Strive-US

After you have completed the quest chain once you can unlock HK on any character for 1 million credits (350CC?).

It's legacy based so you can't unlock HK on other server or on different account even if server is same.

Though you can complete the quest chain on another character without paying to unlock him.

Edited by Halinalle

To unlock HK-51, do you pay for the legacy unlock AND complete the quest or is it either or?

Thanks.

Just to warn you, he's useless until level 50 unless you're able to find moddable droid parts from somewhere.

After you have completed the quest chain once you can unlock HK on any character for 1 million credits (350CC?).

It's legacy based so you can't unlock HK on other server or on different account even if server is same.

Though you can complete the quest chain on another character without paying to unlock him.

Thanks!

Just to warn you, he's useless until level 50 unless you're able to find moddable droid parts from somewhere.

First of all, HK with nothing but a green sniper rifle dropped on Hutta can beat any quest - including the heroics - on Hutta. He is far from 'useless,' considering that he starts with all of his skills.

Second, Cybertechs can make parts for droids. Ask your local friendly crafter about low-level droid parts today!

Finally, with the increase of comms and the improved selection of parts available from the Supplies vendors on the Fleets, you should be able to adequately outfit HK even without having access to a Cybertech.

Telling people that droids are hard to gear up is outdated information, and it was always incorrect.

False Emperor SM is soloable at 55 no problem (maybe even earlier, never tried before 55). I never tried to solo Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry HM until 60. Many claim to have done it/them before that. I have duoed them at 55. Edited by branmakmuffin

He's actually great for level 1 through getting your first companion. Just yank all his gear off, put a sniper rifle on him from collections and he'll out DPS you until about level 9 or so.

Edited by btmart

• 3 weeks later...

If you use the payment option to unlock HK-51, does he just magically appear as a companion option or do you have to go someplace to retrieve him?

First of all, HK with nothing but a green sniper rifle dropped on Hutta can beat any quest - including the heroics - on Hutta. He is far from 'useless,' considering that he starts with all of his skills.

Second, Cybertechs can make parts for droids. Ask your local friendly crafter about low-level droid parts today!

Finally, with the increase of comms and the improved selection of parts available from the Supplies vendors on the Fleets, you should be able to adequately outfit HK even without having access to a Cybertech.

Telling people that droids are hard to gear up is outdated information, and it was always incorrect.

Very well said, quoted for truth

False Emperor SM is soloable at 55 no problem (maybe even earlier, never tried before 55). I never tried to solo Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry HM until 60. Many claim to have done it/them before that. I have duoed them at 55.

Foundry HM at 55 wasn't that hard, it was scaled for level 50s. I originally had issues with FE soloing at 55 (didn't have great armor, nor much skill in rotations so I've learned since then). I have heard of folks who were in 180-something gear back when 55 was the cap running FE HM solo.

Foundry HM at 55 wasn't that hard, it was scaled for level 50s. I originally had issues with FE soloing at 55 (didn't have great armor, nor much skill in rotations so I've learned since then). I have heard of folks who were in 180-something gear back when 55 was the cap running FE HM solo.

Never tried soloing Foundry HM at 55, but I did duo Maelstrom Prison HM at 55.

I originally had issues with FE soloing at 55 (didn't have great armor, nor much skill in rotations so I've learned since then).

I did most of SM in 156 (ones you get from Oricon) with some 148s/162s. No augments. Crappy level 50 clicky relics. Immortal is awesome. Couldn't beat last boss because I didn't remember what ability I should interrupt. But that wasn't issue because I already got the part after HK fight. But everything up to that point was just "meh" when it comes to challenge.

Edited by Halinalle

That remark about HK being useless below level 50 must be the most uninformed comment I've seen on these pages, and I've seen a few.

With the cheapest green blaster you can find, and all his gear ripped out, HK demolishes everything in his path at lower levels. I'd actually say he's probably more use on a lowbie than above level 50. He's a monster even with no gear. And once things start getting a bit rough for him: Cybertech!

(I know I'm just repeating what others have already said here, but it bears repeating, as this comment is so wrong and we don't want folks believing it.)

Edited by PLynkes