OUTLANDER's age and CRYOSTASIS issues: wait until July 31th!...

cunctatorg

The legendary Gunslinger Nico Okarr took (...had taken...) part in the defense of the Republic Space Station on Korriban, at the very start of the Great Galactic War which spanned no less than 28 (twenty eight) years...

After the GGW, there is a time interval of, roughly, 10 (ten) years and SW:TOR storylines are about to start...

Let us suppose that from the very start of the SW:TOR storylines until Vitiate's assault on Ziost, there is a time interval of no less than, say, 10 (ten) years...

Nico Okarr was -during the "Return" cinematic- at the age of no less than 22-30 and he is a human also...

Well, simple arithmetic and basic logic assure that Nico Okarr will be -at July, 31th- at an age of no less than ... 70 (=22+28+10+10) years old! :eek:

A companion for the ... :rak_03: ... Museum or a companion in "cryostasis"/carbonized for a long time?!?

If so, what about our Outlander?!?

:sul_tongue: What about Poetic License too? :rak_angelic:

P.S.: please Administrators, feel free to unify all these Threads about the SW:TOR timelines and the OUTLANDER's age/Carbonize issues... Too many different Threads regarding the very same question and speculation!

Edited by cunctatorg

The legendary Gunslinger Nico Okarr took (...had taken...) part in the defense of the Republic Space Station on Korriban, at the very start of the Great Galactic War which spanned no less than 28 (twenty eight) years...

After the GGW, there is a time interval of, roughly, 10 (ten) years and SW:TOR storylines are about to start...

Let us suppose that from the very start of the SW:TOR storylines until Vitiate's assault on Ziost, there is a time interval of no less than, say, 10 (ten) years...

Nico Okarr was -during the "Return" cinematic- at the age of no less than 22-30 and he is a human also...

There was 10 years from the end of the war until the beginning of he game. The start of swtor is the decline of the Treaty of Coruscant, and the twilight of the Cold War.

Well, simple arithmetic and basic logic assure that Nico Okarr will be -at July, 31th- at an age of no less than ... 70 (=22+28+10+10) years old! :eek:

A companion for the ... :rak_03: ... Museum or a companion in "cryostasis"/carbonized for a long time?!?

P.S.: please Administrators, feel free to unify all these Threads about the SW:TOR timelines and the OUTLANDER's age/Carbonize issues... Too many different Threads regarding the very same question and speculation!

There was 10 years from the end of the war until the beginning of he game. The start of swtor is the decline of the Treaty of Coruscant, and the twilight of the Cold War.

I think it has been closer to five years, six tops. They've said each Chapter in the game took place over roughly one year, and Shadow of Revan was Chapter V. (Some of the Interludes may make sense as being a bit longer, which is why I say it may top out around 6 years instead.)

Regardless, a Niko in his 60s sounds awesome - a smuggler version of Jolee Bindo is something I'd definitely enjoy. But I think there's a distinct chance he's been carbon-iceboxed, too.

I think it has been closer to five years, six tops. They've said each Chapter in the game took place over roughly one year, and Shadow of Revan was Chapter V. (Some of the Interludes may make sense as being a bit longer, which is why I say it may top out around 6 years instead.)

Regardless, a Niko in his 60s sounds awesome - a smuggler version of Jolee Bindo is something I'd definitely enjoy. But I think there's a distinct chance he's been carbon-iceboxed, too.

I have to agree, you'll have some mission to go free him probably. After he dropped the Jedi off on Coruscant he tripped and fell into a cryochamber.

Um, we actually don't get Nico until the expansion comes out. Read the FAQ for the expansion, while we reach the benchmarks on July 31st, it says that we don't get subscriber rewards until the expansion drops!

It says "In game at Launch" in big bold letters before running through the dates.

Um, we actually don't get Nico until the expansion comes out. Read the FAQ for the expansion, while we reach the benchmarks on July 31st, it says that we don't get subscriber rewards until the expansion drops!

Wut?!?

I am a subscriber; are you sure that not even subscribers get subscriber rewards until the whole SW:TOR;KotFE expansion drops?!? I didn't get something like that...

Anyways, I do hope that we'll get Nico Okarr as a companion by July, 31st; the subscribers, that is!

If Nico is then at his sixty, then it will be like Jolee Bindo and it's fine by me; I may even arrange his marriage :p with one of "my daughters"; they are supposed to be from 19 to 23! :eek:

If Nico is young as Hell by July, 31st ... well, he had fallen into Carbonite, period. :rak_angelic:

Edited by cunctatorg

Wut?!?

I am a subscriber; are you sure that not even subscribers get subscriber rewards until the whole SW:TOR;KotFE expansion drops?!? I didn't get something like that...

Anyways, I do hope that we'll get Nico Okarr as a companion by July, 31st; the subscribers, that is!

If Nico is then at his sixty, then it will be like Jolee Bindo and it's fine by me; I may even arrange his marriage :p with one of "my daughters"; they are supposed to be from 19 to 23! :eek:

If Nico is young as Hell by July, 31st ... well, he had fallen into Carbonite, period. :rak_angelic:

You won't get him on the 31st.

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

Read the big letters above the reward dates.

Edit: Also you can toddle down to the terms and conditions section. It says it there as well.

Edited by Miyran

You won't get him on the 31st.

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

Read the big letters above the reward dates.

Edit: Also you can toddle down to the terms and conditions section. It says it there as well.

Ooopsss; I got it, you are right! Subscribers will get these rewards at launch, that is one week before the general launch ... or so.

Thanks!

Anyways, Nico Okarr will be either an old man (and experienced lover) without Carbonite issues or a young man, hungry for Twilek etc.females, a serial womanizer, that is!!

Hmmm; a pain in the *** in every case... :D

What I want to know is, what happened to his ship!?

He loved that thing!

We have already one excellent Starship plus some Starfighters probably...

If Nico brings his ship with him, he will give us something we presumably don't need ... but he will become a threat for the loyalty of our wives! ;)

This ship of him: not enough compensation... :D

What I want to know is, what happened to the Ebon Hawk?!? Etc.

Or I missed something?

I bet he will be in his 60s because we have this movie releasing nearby with an old Han Solo, the archetype for Nico, and suddenly we get an old smuggler ship captain of our own, perfect tie in. <3 I can't wait to meet the silver fox.

I bet he will be in his 60s because we have this movie releasing nearby with an old Han Solo, the archetype for Nico, and suddenly we get an old smuggler ship captain of our own, perfect tie in. <3 I can't wait to meet the silver fox.

Nah he'll just appear on your ship, no companion quests or lines. Just runs around, stares at you funny and shoots stuff.

There was a thing on a gaming site... mmorpg.com (I'm pretty sure) about how Lana Beniko is the one who frees our toons from the carbonite. Presumably if we're a subscriber during July 31, Nico Okarr gets busted out when we do. It makes the most sense because in the Return cinematic, his hair is already starting to grey - that makes him closer to forty then already.

He'd be kicking 90 if not put on ice soon after. Maybe he froze himself in carbonite, going "**** this noise! I'm not being in a war!"

that didnt make any sense, so i looked on wiki and 3681 was when the sith returned to korriban and the storylines started 3643 thats 38 years, nico looked around 30-35 years old by the time he was seen saving several heroes from danger and escaping with them. so that easy puts him around 80 years old by the time those stories started. if the fallen empire story is 20 years after the storylines to chapter 5, thats another 5 years, that would put him well into the 100's. so there is no way an oap would be running around looking like a 35 year old man with his cowboy get up.

that didnt make any sense, so i looked on wiki and 3681 was when the sith returned to korriban and the storylines started 3643 thats 38 years, nico looked around 30-35 years old by the time he was seen saving several heroes from danger and escaping with them. so that easy puts him around 80 years old by the time those stories started. if the fallen empire story is 20 years after the storylines to chapter 5, thats another 5 years, that would put him well into the 100's. so there is no way an oap would be running around looking like a 35 year old man with his cowboy get up.

There is almost 0 chance that the gap in between Ziost and FE is 20 years. Maybe 5

I believe it's been stated that each of the main acts takes place over a year, and if that pattern continues, then it's been 5 years by the time you go after Revan.

Also it's been implied by various things (such as T7's conversations and Dev remarks) that Nico disappeared either during the war or shortly after, which means that he was probably frozen into carbonite in order to make him young enough to run around and shoot things with the hero. But no one knows the circumstances surrounding Nico's recruitment. My own theory is that Nico and the Hero were captured by the same bounty hunter who kept them both as trophies, so when the Hero is rescued, so is he.

Poor guy, though. It's gonna be terrible for the Hero to wake up after just a handful of years, but if Nico was actually frozen, he'll have been out of it for probably more than 30. Real nightmare stuff right there.

I don't see the Hero being frozen for more than a few years though. My guess would be 3, no more than 5. Some have said 10 years, but that's far too long a time for someone to come waltzing back into someone's life and expect them to pick up and follow them again (regarding companions), plus if the Republic's and Empire's armies are truly little to no match for the FE army, then there's no way they'd hold out for 10 years. My money is on 3 years. That's long enough for the situation to be completely grim, but not long enough for there to be absolutely no hope.

Edited by Yermog

There is almost 0 chance that the gap in between Ziost and FE is 20 years. Maybe 5

all of us have various ideas what the year gap between the end of ziost as a playable character to when your woken from carbonite in FE as a playable once more, i was placing it in the skeptical part of the timeline. but even if it were 5 years that would still put Nico Okarr 90 years of age. so the arguement hasnt changed.

I believe it's been stated that each of the main acts takes place over a year, and if that pattern continues, then it's been 5 years by the time you go after Revan.

Also it's been implied by various things (such as T7's conversations and Dev remarks) that Nico disappeared either during the war or shortly after, which means that he was probably frozen into carbonite in order to make him young enough to run around and shoot things with the hero. But no one knows the circumstances surrounding Nico's recruitment. My own theory is that Nico and the Hero were captured by the same bounty hunter who kept them both as trophies, so when the Hero is rescued, so is he.

Poor guy, though. It's gonna be terrible for the Hero to wake up after just a handful of years, but if Nico was actually frozen, he'll have been out of it for probably more than 30. Real nightmare stuff right there.

I don't see the Hero being frozen for more than a few years though. My guess would be 3, no more than 5. Some have said 10 years, but that's far too long a time for someone to come waltzing back into someone's life and expect them to pick up and follow them again (regarding companions), plus if the Republic's and Empire's armies are truly little to no match for the FE army, then there's no way they'd hold out for 10 years. My money is on 3 years. That's long enough for the situation to be completely grim, but not long enough for there to be absolutely no hope.

yeah it never made any sense as stated having an oap running around looking like a 30-35 year old man in his cowboy get up. so clearly he must of been captured at some point and recently thawed from carbonite like your toon, but his is far longer, around 60 years longer. i would imagine he was trying to steal more sith artifacts and got caught, or sold to a hutt for a price and the hutt kept Nico in a gallery mostly for bragging rights.

My sincere apologies; :( my English is really poor but I know at least the difference between first (or 1st) and fourth or 4th...

Well, when I was typing the title of this thread, I probably had in mind both July 31st and 4th of July and thus the humiliating :o error -in the title of this thread- resulted...

Administrators, do not correct this *******, humiliating error!

Please, leave it there as an eternal (or rather temporary) monument of my humiliation and public :sul_embarrassed: disgrace...

Edited by cunctatorg