The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel items

goans

At least let us sell the bound ones to the vendor like regular used gear.

Would be nice to have this option. Current level plus type of armor (how rare, bronze, silver, or gold) equivalent to prices of green, blue and purple gear at that level maybe? Or possibly create a Cartel Market Vendor booth on fleet where things sold to that vendor could then be resold by a group of vendors, one for; gold armor, silver armor, bronze armor, pets, companion gifts, mounts, decos, and a GSF (which would have xp boosts and gsf stuff?) for other people instead of just being removed. Would take away the gtn game that some people don't enjoy playing while offering a place for people to buy CM items without searching through the gtn. Some CM items already have a credit amount attached to it when we do sell on gtn such as xp boosts (all), companion gifts, pets, speeders, etc. It would also be nice to sell reputation boosts on the gtn but am glad that these can be sold to vendors. :)

I personally like the current GTN method but wouldn't mind seeing another option

At least let us sell the bound ones to the vendor like regular used gear.

Yes and no.

I would like to be able to sell them, but with collections it could be abused, unless they are sell-able with a value of 0, meaning you have to put mods in first.

And some other items should never have been flagged cartel market. All the complimentary things, not just XP boosters, but for example that space mission pass... Really no idea why we're given those, I need to let my subscription end to do anything other than destroying them. It's an insult to give that as a reward. If only it was vendor trash-able it would have some use.

Yes and no.

I would like to be able to sell them, but with collections it could be abused, unless they are sell-able with a value of 0, meaning you have to put mods in first

If they limited the vendoring to consumables (e.g., those pathetic space mission boosts), that would solve the Collections issue. But it's probably not worth the bother.

Yes and no.

I would like to be able to sell them, but with collections it could be abused, unless they are sell-able with a value of 0, meaning you have to put mods in first.

And some other items should never have been flagged cartel market. All the complimentary things, not just XP boosters, but for example that space mission pass... Really no idea why we're given those, I need to let my subscription end to do anything other than destroying them. It's an insult to give that as a reward. If only it was vendor trash-able it would have some use.

to prevent collections abuse? I unlock a full armor set, or a crystal color, or a speeder...I used CC's to unlock for legacy after obtaining on one toon. I then sell the items to a vendor and hop to another toon and get a copy of that armor set. This copied set should have a ' * ' stating that it was pulled from collections and thus, not able to be sold to vendors. This would avoid such abuse.

Edited by Elyk_Borne

to prevent collections abuse? I unlock a full armor set, or a crystal color, or a speeder...I used CC's to unlock for legacy after obtaining on one toon. I then sell the items to a vendor and hop to another toon and get a copy of that armor set. This copied set should have a ' * ' stating that it was pulled from collections and thus, not able to be sold to vendors. This would avoid such abuse.

Wouldn't matter if the sell value was just set to zero, then it would go up for mods you put in, effectively just selling those without having to extract them. I think that's better than having the next set flagged unsellable instead. Just like you can sell a modable weapon with a cartel crystal in it, the crystal has no value.

I don't see the value of giving value to the first copy and making the rest as it is now, I much rather have them all at zero value and no "cannot sell cartel junk", exception for the complimentary junk, they are rewards, no reason to not have them have some value cause you don't want or ever need those (like that space pass junk).

Of course if the first copy does have value and the follow-up copies are at zero but sellable when modded I won't object. Don't see that as likely though and it would mean more coding and duplicating all the cartel stuff probably.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of Cartel items in my storage. I tried to sell most of them on the auction house. But it seems no one is buying them. I don't have anyone to give them away to. I wish there was a vendor I could sell them to, for half price or a third of the price.

Thanks.

I have a lot of Cartel items in my storage. I tried to sell most of them on the auction house. But it seems no one is buying them. I don't have anyone to give them away to. I wish there was a vendor I could sell them to, for half price or a third of the price.

Thanks.

Sell them for cheaper. If things aren't selling, then you're likely trying to get more than they're worth for them.

Yes and no.

So the way to fix this is Moddable armor sells for 0 to a merchant unless you have it modded, in which case it sells for the price of the mods. How I would fix it. :)

Thanks.

It is sellable if the price is right. Make sure if other people are selling the same item, sort by price to ensure you are selling at a lower price, also it helps if you check back period to see if anyone has put the item up for less then yours. What I did to sell everything is I would post the item, and once an hour check to see if anyone out it up there lower then mine, if they did, I'd take my item back and repost it even lower then theirs. It is tedious but that is how you play the market and it works.