The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is tactics the only pvp build for vanguard?

Mizaris

Hello,

I am leveling a vanguard and when level 60l i wiill do pvp but i don't love Tactics,

Is plasmatech is viable for pvp?

Thanks in advance for any clue :)

Edited by Mizaris

Tactics has the best burst in the game right now, so Plasmatech obviously sits in its shadow. The faceroll easy dot spread of sorc/sin is overpowered, so again, Plasmatechs poor dot spread mechanic sits in the shadows.

I still play Plasmatech on my VG, becasue I'm sick of all this faceroll FOTM crap and want a challenge and not easy street. I still feel powerful and effective in warzones and take down healers all the time. But most of the time I just troll the other team by putting Incenerary Round and Plasmatize on everyone and jetting around with Hold The Line. I actually frequently end with top damage much like the other "dot fluff" classes.

Plasmatize is the little torch above their heads and is unquestionably the most humiliating animation in the game. Great for the Lulz :rak_01:

Edited by KevinQCowart

For ST with DPS would you go with Aim/Power or End augments?

If you just want to derp around and act like a DPS then you want aim augments. If you are trying to skank tank with it you want endurance augs or mixed endurance and aim augs.

For ST with DPS would you go with Aim/Power or End augments?

If you just want to derp around and act like a DPS then you want aim augments. If you are trying to skank tank with it you want endurance augs or mixed endurance and aim augs.

Both are viable.

In my setup I use power augments and -b lettered mods. ~49k HP. The spec is effective when you guard. Actually achieving high protection with dps. My top is 1850. You may use full dps gear (no b mods, no def stats while tank set is recommended) achieving higher dps.

Edited by Aetideus

Tank is great. Lots of fun utilities and easy to play. I'd be tanking on mine still but I decided I only wanted 1 tank, and I don't enjoy dpsing on my assassin.

I gave pyro (plasma) a good try recently, the fire animations looks awesome, I really wanted it to work, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't easy.

AP (tactics) has now become my favorite dps in the game, sad as it is, I don't think they compare in pvp :(