Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the extra Theron of course but I expected better from the meeting with Jace :( based on the book and the short story posted on SWtOR.com with the two of them I really got the impression that they had a good if awkward relationship but in this Theron seems really hostile towards Jace and there's no "wait, he's your FATHER?!" from the outlander T_T then the story just abruptly cuts off.

I think in one of the new codex entries it mentions that Jace and Theron's relationship soured when Theron left the Republic to join the Alliance. Jace considered it a betrayal and they had a fight or something and haven't really talked since. So I guess that's why it's more hostile between them.

I wish there was more shown/discussed too but honestly I'm pretty happy for anything. And it was nice to have Theron be the companion the whole time.

Man, after what happened in this update, I think even my Sith Warrior feels like he should probably stop being mean to him. He's pretty darkside, so I slightly reluctantly decided the worst dialogue options were the ones most in character, but I think he's probably going to be a little nicer from now on. Edited by OldVengeance

I think in one of the new codex entries it mentions that Jace and Theron's relationship soured when Theron left the Republic to join the Alliance. Jace considered it a betrayal and they had a fight or something and haven't really talked since. So I guess that's why it's more hostile between them.

I wish there was more shown/discussed too but honestly I'm pretty happy for anything. And it was nice to have Theron be the companion the whole time.

Character development through a codex entry? Not cool BioWare D:

Also can anyone tell me if

Jace dies if you side with the Empire? I'm assuming he does the same thing as Acina, in which case I'm never siding with the Empire lol.

Character development through a codex entry? Not cool BioWare D:

Also can anyone tell me if

Jace dies if you side with the Empire? I'm assuming he does the same thing as Acina, in which case I'm never siding with the Empire lol.

Yep and Lana even mentions it and you can comfort Theron over it (or be a grade A dick with him cracking about your bedside manner lol).

Yep and Lana even mentions it and you can comfort Theron over it (or be a grade A dick with him cracking about your bedside manner lol).

Thanks, so that solidifies my decision! (Sorry Quinn-mancing SW, you're getting left behind)

I am torn between empire and republic side for Iokath in regards to Theron. I see more of how he views a romanced character if going Empire, stuff he's likely never going to admit from a republic side stand point because the situation he's forced to react to is not present.

edit: and yup, I've tried both sides once over so far. woah.

Edited by Asmodesu

Played the chapter yesterday but wanted to gather some thoughts before posting, spoilers for 5.2 below .

1. First off I feel horrible for Theron, the interactions between him and Jace really showed how much they really don't seem to care about each other at all anymore, if Jace has been like that to Theron since knowing him I can see how the two split.

2. Is it just or is Theron feeling much more DS orientated than he used to be? I feel as though he's becoming so fed up with the Republic that he's getting quite angry at them, he even makes a comment about how Jace always put the Republic before him, I don't know if it's just me though.

3. I romanced Theron on a SI and I hated never getting much of an opportunity to talk to Jace and let him know who I was instead of just being that "tyrant." Let him know I've never forced Theron to do something he didn't want to and just because I'm a SI I'm not evil incarnate, I mean Jace don't you want to know you sons boyfriend a little more before making accusations. :rolleyes:

4. I told Theron not to kill his father over me because I couldn't live with myself and Theron says, "And I couldn't live without you." Heart melting moment. :)

5. Being able to comfort Theron after his father died was sweet if you romanced Theron, gosh I seriously feel the pain the poor guys feeling, I felt so sorry for him. Then later in the chapter you almost die because of the traitor, losing his father (on a character who chooses the Empire) and then almost you to, I can't imagine how the poor guy felt.

6. Lana in the letter she sends us even sounds concerned about him . I'm seriously worried about the poor guy! :eek:

7. On a lighter note that spooking him after we find that dead body in the chair was hilarious. :D

Sorry for the word wall there guys. ;)

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Just watched a Elara breaks up with Trooper (siding with the Republic) vid on YT and at the end all I could think was...Theron is ****.

"Don't listen to her."? That's what Theron has to say to the Trooper, who went about killing civilians so they could conquer Zakuul? Yeah. Theron has gone down hill on that one. At least if one is a Trooper. Which I guess it's good that the Trooper isn't likely to be the official Outlander anyways.

Just watched a Elara breaks up with Trooper (siding with the Republic) vid on YT and at the end all I could think was...Theron is ****.

"Don't listen to her."? That's what Theron has to say to the Trooper, who went about killing civilians so they could conquer Zakuul? Yeah. Theron has gone down hill on that one. At least if one is a Trooper. Which I guess it's good that the Trooper isn't likely to be the official Outlander anyways.

I hate to say it but bros before hoes mentality there. It's a guy thing. It fits. All men would do the same.

Played the chapter yesterday but wanted to gather some thoughts before posting, spoilers for 5.2 below .

1. First off I feel horrible for Theron, the interactions between him and Jace really showed how much they really don't seem to care about each other at all anymore, if Jace has been like that to Theron since knowing him I can see how the two split.

2. Is it just or is Theron feeling much more DS orientated than he used to be? I feel as though he's becoming so fed up with the Republic that he's getting quite angry at them, he even makes a comment about how Jace always put the Republic before him, I don't know if it's just me though.

3. I romanced Theron on a SI and I hated never getting much of an opportunity to talk to Jace and let him know who I was instead of just being that "tyrant." Let him know I've never forced Theron to do something he didn't want to and just because I'm a SI I'm not evil incarnate, I mean Jace don't you want to know you sons boyfriend a little more before making accusations. :rolleyes:

4. I told Theron not to kill his father over me because I couldn't live with myself and Theron says, "And I couldn't live without you." Heart melting moment. :)

5. Being able to comfort Theron after his father died was sweet if you romanced Theron, gosh I seriously feel the pain the poor guys feeling, I felt so sorry for him. Then later in the chapter you almost die because of the traitor, losing his father (on a character who chooses the Empire) and then almost you to, I can't imagine how the poor guy felt.

6. Lana in the letter she sends us even sounds concerned about him . I'm seriously worried about the poor guy! :eek:

7. On a lighter note that spooking him after we find that dead body in the chair was hilarious. :D

Sorry for the word wall there guys. ;)

Yeah, its interesting to see how his character is evolving through the expansions.The conversations he has with his father from both sides gives you a slightly bettee idea of what little relationship they had.

I was originally planning on switching my agent to the Republic but after seeing how Malcom runs things I'm reconsidering. He seems like a leader who would go off the handle at the slightest provocation and more likely to stab you in the back than even Acina who's a Sith.

In the conversation where both groups are trying to convince the Commander to align with them,

if you created an alliance with her in KOTET she says that she wanted the super weapon for their alliance. That can be an acceptable response. She still considers your two groups a united front if she's telling the truth. Malcolm on the other hand says that the Republic will share the super weapon with the EA, meaning that he plans on having the Republic take primary control.

She's made no efforts to hide the fact her people are her priority and that she's manipulative. She's even said it outright. She has her secrets, but she's not hiding the fact that she does.

Edited by Venn_Dras

Is it just me or did they kind of bork both Acina AND Jace? Both of them seem so shallow and unreasonable and even the one we side with everything is so sudden and we don't get to know them at all. BioWare y u finally give me Jace-Theron reunion only to do THIS? :( If he's going to be disposable questgiver #3927 then they should have used a new character. Freaking Shalim Avesta from Makeb was more fleshed out.

It's not like he's gonna throw someone he's close to under the bus over Elara who he doesn't even know. Even if my friend was a jerk I'd take their side over their exes. Not to mention blowing up the Spire had nothing to do with conquering Zakuul anyway.

Edited by Raynezazki

Personally, I thought this was perfect for my SW. My apologies on the low graphics setting o.O I had been doing pvp and was so caught up in Quinn v Theron that I didn't realise I did not switch it back. :eek:

Definitely sad but not as gut wrenching as I'd feared. He took it rather well :o

Theron's lines seemed the same as with other characters though, was there something different?

Edited by Nefla

Definitely sad but not as gut wrenching as I'd feared. He took it rather well :o

Theron's lines seemed the same as with other characters though, was there something different?

Just loved the added do you trust him? Not sure if everyone gets that or not. I don't have any other SW to try it. I just know that he's not a suspect in MY IA' s or SI's story. Theron clears him and Dorne.

Just loved the added do you trust him? Not sure if everyone gets that or not. I don't have any other SW to try it. I just know that he's not a suspect in MY IA' s or SI's story. Theron clears him and Dorne.

I got the same line about Elara when playing my male trooper (who romanced Theron but not Elara) so I assume it's the same if you play any SW who sided with the empire or trooper who sided with the republic. 😱