The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Theran Shan?

GorkieX

It would have been awesome if they'd modeled a pose for each pairing, like having a really tall one bending down believably and/or the short one standing on their toes the weird crouching knees seem like something done by a computer based on the guideline of having the character's faces even with each other. So many adorable poses wasted. All those close up kissing shots where Theron and my BT 1 trooper where the trooper is above I just imagine it as Theron lifting him off the ground lol

I definitely agree more care could have gone into it, but my expression was that I was happy that there was differences, not always great ones but differences. I've personally seen the bd4 woman/Theron, bd1/2 male/Theron and bd1/2 female Theron and think all those were done pretty well considering, probably their better ones really lol, especially the differences in where their hands are placed on each other etc, not just how they bring their lips together. Same with the other Li's too obviously. Also the guys get I think one kiss that is a different angle then the ladies, unsure now but I remember thinking that when I saw one.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely agree more care could have gone into it, but my expression was that I was happy that there was differences, not always great ones but differences. I've personally seen the bd4 woman/Theron, bd1/2 male/Theron and bd1/2 female Theron and think all those were done pretty well considering, probably their better ones really lol, especially the differences in where their hands are placed on each other etc, not just how they bring their lips together. Same with the other Li's too obviously. Also the guys get I think one kiss that is a different angle then the ladies, unsure now but I remember thinking that when I saw one.

I think that the popularity of those body types played a factor too. Still, if you compare the scenes from SOR to KOTFE/KOTET it appears they took these animation quirks into consideration and changed the angles so it doesn't look as awkward. I'm sure we all remember nose kissing Aric!

My BH hasn't made it that far, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Has anyone heard anything about any new expansions? I really want to jump back into the story and see how Theron is emotionally especially on characters where his father's dead. :( I just hope it is brought up again and not forgotten completely. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Has anyone heard anything about any new expansions? I really want to jump back into the story and see how Theron is emotionally especially on characters where his father's dead. :( I just hope it is brought up again and not forgotten completely.

No expansion, but we only have info through august. Story continues with a flashpoint in August.

Has anyone heard anything about any new expansions? I really want to jump back into the story and see how Theron is emotionally especially on characters where his father's dead. :( I just hope it is brought up again and not forgotten completely.

No, I think they're moving away from story and single player content to more typical grindy multiplayer/MMO elements. :( the next story update is next month but I think it's going to be really short like Iokath.

No expansion, but we only have info through august. Story continues with a flashpoint in August.

No, I think they're moving away from story and single player content to more typical grindy multiplayer/MMO elements. :( the next story update is next month but I think it's going to be really short like Iokath.

Thanks for the info! :)

Which is disappointing since I generally only play for the story.

With the risk of becoming an apologist....

1) I don't think they're 100% moving away from single player story, otherwise Iokath wouldn't have had any hint of it at all

2) I don't entirely mind them moving away from single player stuff since we've gotten an entire single player story with KOTFE and KOTET over the past year, while people who play SWTOR for the MMO elements have gotten nothing practically. If BW's plan is to swing between extremes, I think the MMO-centric people can enjoy getting more content for now.

3) I think what the devs are learning/will learn is they need balance between the two, like in Shadow of Revan. THey can't only serve one portion of their customer base, ignore the rest, and then come back to it later and expect people to always stick around. Here's hoping EA et all let them have the resources to cater to SWTOR's relatively diverse community.

With the risk of becoming an apologist....

1) I don't think they're 100% moving away from single player story, otherwise Iokath wouldn't have had any hint of it at all

2) I don't entirely mind them moving away from single player stuff since we've gotten an entire single player story with KOTFE and KOTET over the past year, while people who play SWTOR for the MMO elements have gotten nothing practically. If BW's plan is to swing between extremes, I think the MMO-centric people can enjoy getting more content for now.

3) I think what the devs are learning/will learn is they need balance between the two, like in Shadow of Revan. THey can't only serve one portion of their customer base, ignore the rest, and then come back to it later and expect people to always stick around. Here's hoping EA et all let them have the resources to cater to SWTOR's relatively diverse community.

It's ok, I'm a pessimist when it comes to BioWare these last few years lol.

I don't think they're dropping story ENTIRELY, I just think it's an afterthought for them now and will no longer be a focus. 20 minutes of story here and there as an intro to an operation or whatever multiplayer combat thing. I don't see us getting any new story expansions in the foreseeable future, maybe not ever again. I understand that a lot of people like MMO elements though I've never understood why some play THIS game for them up until now. They've always seemed like a tacked on afterthought to me with the class stories and then expansions being the main focus and selling point. 8 single player BioWare RPGs in one. It's the reason I loved this game and have played it consistently since a few months after launch. It was never an MMO to me, I hate MMOs. There's absolutely nothing appealing about them to me no matter how many I've tried, SWtOR is the only one I've ever loved because it's not an MMO, it's 8 single player BioWare RPGs complete with companions, voiced dialogue, moral choices, romances, etc...with several single player expansions.

If this shift had happened several years ago when my tastes still meshed perfectly with what BioWare was putting out (KotOR, Jade Empire, DA:O, base SWtOR, ME1, ME2) then I would have just been patient and given them the benefit of the doubt thinking "well maybe they're just giving the grindy MMO fans a turn, I'm sure they'll make something good next year, we'll probably take turns." Now though after the increasingly disappointing single player games from them which have cut out or "streamlined" more and more of what I loved to replace it with things I don't care about (fancier combat and graphics) or things I actively dislike (MMO-like dead empty "open world" maps and boring shallow fetch quests even in single player games, tacked on multiplayer) I've become extremely pessimistic about them. I skipped ME:A (the first BioWare game I didn't buy since I got into their games with KotOR) because of my disappointments with their last few games and it looks like I dodged the biggest bullet yet. They seem to be trying to ditch as many single player RPG elements as they can even in their single player games with Anthem being the first "BioWare" game I've seen that's not an RPG at all. They seem to just want the biggest market that will make them the most money and that's not in RPGs. I don't blame them for that, they're a business, I understand but I'm part of that market and not part of the "CoD audience" or whatever.

So yeah, long story short: The company as a whole has gone through a big trajectory shift with many devs and writers leaving the company and now SWtOR which was my holdout as far as BioWare's concerned has shifted its' focus as well. It MAY be as you say and they will shift back and forth but I'm not optimistic. I don't know how long I'll stay.

Edited by Nefla

Which is disappointing since I generally only play for the story.

Same here :( I'm starting to feel like a relic of a bygone era because companies seem to think that all anyone wants these days are open worlds, flashy combat, and online multiplayer. None of those things are selling points for me and the open world is actually off putting since it's so rarely done well.

Edited by Nefla

So for the first time replaying older kotfe chapters since Theron could have his outfit changed, plus other changes, I found out two things.

1- If you recruited Arcann, he shows in the War Room cutscenes (standing where they placed him in the base) so during my "Acrann is attacking, gotta get gravestone and fight him" scene.. He's standing RIGHT THERE!

2- Theron will equip his original/default gloves if you don't equip different gloves on him, OR if you use covert/invisi gloves which I was using for the below picture.

http://i.imgur.com/qkqcNTS.png

Edited by Asmodesu

Same here :( I'm starting to feel like a relic of a bygone era because companies seem to think that all anyone wants these days are open worlds, flashy combat, and online multiplayer. None of those things are selling points for me and the open world is actually off putting since it's so rarely done well.

I had not played swtor so actively since the year it released until KotFE and KotET came along, during those expansions I played every week, multiple days. Now.. I'm struggling to maintain interest with the new revelations to the direction the game is going. I took a 1-1/2 year break, coming back right in time for KotFE early access to subs and played actively since. Now I'm just.. disappointed and lacking interest in the future, where before I was excited about every new update info.

So for the first time replaying older kotfe chapters since Theron could have his outfit changed, plus other changes, I found out two things.

1- If you recruited Arcann, he shows in the War Room cutscenes (standing where they placed him in the base) so during my "Acrann is attacking, gotta get gravestone and fight him" scene.. He's standing RIGHT THERE!

2- Theron will equip his original/default gloves if you don't equip different gloves on him, OR if you use covert/invisi gloves which I was using for the below picture.

http://i.imgur.com/qkqcNTS.png

OMG they weren't really twins but TRIPLETS XD

OMG they weren't really twins but TRIPLETS XD

So who's this now? Arcann, Thexan...Bugsan! Glitchan? Nobody knows! The one kid Senya neeeeeever talks about. His special talent in the Force: showing up where he's least wanted.

With minor side-powers of obliterating continuity while he's at it.

...actually, he might just be the most powerful being in the universe due to the ability to time travel at will. :eek:

Anyways! About Theron. XD Still can't find an outfit for him. Sigh...gonna have to haul him over to the GTN one of these days and go shopping. It'll probably go like this:

Theron: ...I hate shopping.

Inquisitor: It'll be fun! Granted, there's no lightning, so that takes a lot of the fun out of it...but shopping is, at times, actually rather relaxing.

Theron: But...clothes.

Inquisitor: Yes, those are things that you wear. Most humans do.

Theron: That's not what I--*snicker* Ha ha, very funny, you know what I meant. And coming from you...most of your wardrobe is black, gray, or that weird color of blue on one of your dresses--

Inquisitor: ROBES.

Theron: dresses Robes, then. Black and gray are kind of boring, and I don't think I look good in blue--

Inquisitor: *grabbing his arm* We'll find out! :D Come on!

Theron: No no no no nonononono..... *gets dragged out of the Odessen command room by a squee'ing Darth Nox, with most of the Alliance staff looking on in bemusement*

*snickers* at the two above posts.

:( I am sad they are not totally sticking the story type game. I guess I won't worry too much about subbing again after this month.. I basically subed for the story content. Kind of hard to use a Twitch 65 token when you are blocked by a pay wall. OH I can visit Yavin *runs into wall* whoops guess not.

I play for the story, I am not into the wargames/pvp/operations stuff. Mostly because I really suck at them and visually they are really hard to do sometimes. I do like the flashpoints well the story mode ones if I can find them. I have STO for that (pvp/pve) and it has a great story. Then again I am a die hard trekkie..

What... You can love both franchises. Don't make me bring my insquistor out with her ligtening powers.

*snickers* at the two above posts.

:( I am sad they are not totally sticking the story type game. I guess I won't worry too much about subbing again after this month.. I basically subed for the story content. Kind of hard to use a Twitch 65 token when you are blocked by a pay wall. OH I can visit Yavin *runs into wall* whoops guess not.

I play for the story, I am not into the wargames/pvp/operations stuff. Mostly because I really suck at them and visually they are really hard to do sometimes. I do like the flashpoints well the story mode ones if I can find them. I have STO for that (pvp/pve) and it has a great story. Then again I am a die hard trekkie..

What... You can love both franchises. Don't make me bring my insquistor out with her ligtening powers.

Same here, I am not interested in the combat focused multiplayer stuff. I'm antisocial and I hate MMO combat. I'm here and have always been here for the story, characters, and roleplaying through dialogue and action choice. If SWtOR had been along the lines of WoW then I never would have played it. It was like a single player BioWare game of the time but with 8 stories <3 this made it the only MMO I ever liked. I do also like Stronghold decorating to a much lesser extent and thought the Manaan one would hold me over for a little while but it was disappointing so I didn't even get it. I'm going to wait until the next story update next month but if it's as short and anticlimactic as Iokath with the next part not coming until several months later then I'm going to unsubscribe. I've been a subscriber consistently and without pause since a few months after launch and I've spent hundreds of dollars on CC to make my characters and strongholds pretty and support the game I loved but what's the point if it's going to turn into a generic grindy MMO that I don't like and wont play? I was hoping SWtOR would stay story focused but I guess it's conforming to what the rest of BioWare is doing and moving away from story and roleplaying and towards action and multiplayer. People like me aren't their target demographic anymore and haven't been for the last several years I think :(

Okay, I've read both of your many posts on this. My understand is you're not happy with the game moving away from single player story because that's your game play style, and you have zero interest in the MMO elements? If so, I totally get you because that's the only reason I joined SWTOR. It wasn't till my 2nd year playing that I really got into things like FPs, and operations because socializing isn't my strength, and I would get quite anxious about it at first.

That's why I'm going to say this, and I'm sorry if it comes across as harsh, but sometimes a reality check needs to be in order: SWTOR was never meant to be a single player game, so the unhappiness is on us, not the developers, because we decided to play a game that was marketed as and designed to be a massive multiplayer online role playing game. SWTOR was always meant to be an MMORPG. SWTOR was never meant to be a single player, and I think part of the reason it suffered during KOTFE is because the devs indirectly tried to make it a single player game with multiplayer elements, which isn't what SWTOR was supposed to be.

I get it isn't ideal for some of us, and given I'm a hermit in real life I do like my solo game play. In fact, it is what I mostly do in SWTOR. However, even when I initially played for single player stuff, I knew going in part of really getting into the game meant doing things with other players. Bioware's original creators said in many interviews the game would have all 3 MMO pillars, and add a 4th: story. Story was supposed to make SWTOR the exception, not the norm, yet from watching the games' promotions and design even story was supposed to work with the multiplayer aspects. And it does: There is much story to be gained from the Flashpoints and operations, such as the Revan flashpoints and the Dread Masters story arc. The only ones that don't really are the warzones, but even they have minor story introductions.

Believe me, I'm sorry this game isn't going to have that much of a single player game we wanted but I think many of us should've realized that way before now. And since Bioware is working towards balance story with the multiplayer aspects, because that's what it was designed to be, we really have two options: Either accept the game and maybe give the MMO-specific stuff to try and see that there is a lot more story to be had, it's just not single player, or move on to single player RPG games.

I'm trying the former. I'll be sad if you all decide the later because I'll be sad to see vocal pro-Theron Shan fans leave SWTOR. But it's the only way I see us going forward.

I will be a preferred, I can't really afford to do a montly sub. I wanted to open up the rest of the expansions and I think my 3 month sub ends when the new content arrives. I am just really bad at pvp and I don't know well I would do in the other two things. If i wanted to do that content I would't know the first thing to do with it. I don't even think preferred have acces to operations or warzones or do they?

But I do like the story content and I do like the KOFE and KOTE. (used a level 65 from twitch)

I do like some of the flashpoints I have done.

I hadn't realized there was alittle bit of a story with warzones and operations.

Right now am just going through some of the story modes and trying to earn some cc so maybe I can get the account version of the Authorization thing for purple items. (still not sure if I need it as a preferred or not).

Edited by LeelaSeventen

I love the Manaan stronghold, it's a gorgeous smaller place, with larger rooms then my apartments. I can even have my Luxury spa and Jedi Council Table in their own proper rooms. We had a few huge strongholds, I wanted a new smaller one and got it hehe. Having an entertaining time still decorating.

I like to think my SW (my romancing Theron toon) purchased it because Theron spent a lot of time on Manaan, on the swoop tracks but still, prior to joining SiS, almost decades ago xD

Though, off topic to previous posts here

I've been a sub for years, since launch day but with a 6 month break just before SoR released I think and the only time I've been thoroughly disheartened by this game is when the disappointment called Iokath dropped. Pitifully meager story, horrendous companion return, even the ops bosses have problems, getting a group for anything is beyond frustrating and difficult that I have no wish to even try anymore.

Charles Boyd stated KotFE and KotET was their most successful expansions. So they didn't suffer as much as people think. But it seems the changes now is causing just as much player issues as KotfE/ET did, but in the other half of the player base instead. I know more people who are giving them one last chance with Umbara, and leaving if it's as disappointing as Iokath.

They've managed ops and story going fine (except for story ending locked behind ops) in Makeb, Oricon etc. that expansion (and content updates around it) was good in regards to a decent amount of content for everyone. Screwing one part of the playerbase over while they focus on another is what is going to ruin the future of swtor, if anything will. Doing story content won't, doing ops won't, inability or unwillingness to actively cover all 3 focuses (pvp, story, group) will.

If this keeps up we will find out if the sudden change to traditional mmo (and meager story) is really how swtor will survive. There's almost certainly no expansion this year as they are still working on these updates every few months so it's not finished yet. It's been a very disappointing start overall, but they may improve in all 3 aspects as they get feedback from Iokath and next month's Umbara.

I guess it's really no use speculating until they finish and release this year's content which started with Iokath.

Keith today-

"Big picture wise is re-engaging all of our systems (Ops, FPs, PvP, Story, GSF, Strongholds), and yes, QoL which means bugs or changes with a specific focus in mind (e.g., Group Finder, performance related-both server and client, gameplay experience - removing steps - like auto-completing quests, and more). Even though we will also add or extend story content, our primary focus is on Multi-player and repeatable content. "

So no more then we already knew so far, hopefully a brand new roadmap next month for the next few months though, all types of players should want to see those roadmaps.

I think the maanan stronghold looks nice, but even if i grinded alot I don't think I could afford it.

Yeah, the only cheap ones are the homeworld apartments (Coruscant and Dromund Kass) which are a nice size, Coruscant is actually my favourite of all strongholds due to the looks and lighting, but my Imps need to pay credits to use it so I needed a second still kinda small one I liked for a both factions-main one.

As a sub who only does solo story stuff or PvP it took me approximately 2 weeks of planetary heroic mission grinding, and pvp during pvp event, on 2 characters getting around 25 mil which covered a full Manaan unlock and decorations buying spree.

I'm taking a credit grinding break after that xD playing a new BH and a new JC for Lana. I can't play any other Theron romancer now, my "canon" for my characters is Light sided Sith Warrior lady romancing Theron. Any other of my characters feel wrong to go for him, since her. I do have some clones to test story stuff though, my main SW is still in KotFE, her clones are up to Iokath testing the different options for what feels better.

Okay, I've read both of your many posts on this. My understand is you're not happy with the game moving away from single player story because that's your game play style, and you have zero interest in the MMO elements? If so, I totally get you because that's the only reason I joined SWTOR. It wasn't till my 2nd year playing that I really got into things like FPs, and operations because socializing isn't my strength, and I would get quite anxious about it at first.

Yes, as I have said I am not happy with the direction of the game and have no interest in combat, multiplayer, and typical grindy/combat MMO elements.

That's why I'm going to say this, and I'm sorry if it comes across as harsh, but sometimes a reality check needs to be in order: SWTOR was never meant to be a single player game, so the unhappiness is on us, not the developers, because we decided to play a game that was marketed as and designed to be a massive multiplayer online role playing game. SWTOR was always meant to be an MMORPG. SWTOR was never meant to be a single player, and I think part of the reason it suffered during KOTFE is because the devs indirectly tried to make it a single player game with multiplayer elements, which isn't what SWTOR was supposed to be.

I honestly don't care what it was "supposed" to be, what it ended up being was a single player game with multiple storylines and some tacked on multiplayer elements. That's why I played it. The reason I didn't buy it at launch was because I assumed it would be a typical boring MMO with little to no story, it wasn't until watching other people's recordings of the class stories online that I changed my mind and couldn't have been happier with it when I got it. Single player story content was BioWare's strong suit, MMO stuff wasn't. I don't care what it was "supposed" to be, I care what it actually was and what BioWare focused on for six years. You can be as harsh as you like with your opinion of my opinion (though I don't think you were harsh at all despite me disagreeing with you) but that isn't going to change my perspective.

I get it isn't ideal for some of us, and given I'm a hermit in real life I do like my solo game play. In fact, it is what I mostly do in SWTOR. However, even when I initially played for single player stuff, I knew going in part of really getting into the game meant doing things with other players. Bioware's original creators said in many interviews the game would have all 3 MMO pillars, and add a 4th: story. Story was supposed to make SWTOR the exception, not the norm, yet from watching the games' promotions and design even story was supposed to work with the multiplayer aspects. And it does: There is much story to be gained from the Flashpoints and operations, such as the Revan flashpoints and the Dread Masters story arc. The only ones that don't really are the warzones, but even they have minor story introductions.

I have less than zero interest playing combat scenarios with random people online. I'd literally rather sit there staring at the wall (at least then I wouldn't be distracted from my thoughts which could entertain me). SWtOR was and has been the one MMO exception for me, again that's the reason I played it and the reason I've hated every other MMO I've tried. I'm glad you found enjoyment in multiplayer aspects but I don't. I tried out some flashpoints back in the day and was not impressed. I also hate the generic, default "Revan" in this game (that's definitely not the cheerful, funny, Carth-loving black woman I played in KotOR...) and would not like to do more stuff with him in it. I loved SoR but that was because of the other characters. I just pretended "Revan" was some crazy hermit poser :D

Believe me, I'm sorry this game isn't going to have that much of a single player game we wanted but I think many of us should've realized that way before now. And since Bioware is working towards balance story with the multiplayer aspects, because that's what it was designed to be, we really have two options: Either accept the game and maybe give the MMO-specific stuff to try and see that there is a lot more story to be had, it's just not single player, or move on to single player RPG games.

I didn't expect the game to suddenly shift focus away from what it's been focusing on for 6 years which is single player story content but I understand that's the case, that they will likely make more money this way, and that story focus won't becoming back. Like I said, I'm going to see if there will be enough to make me stay and if so I'll stay. If not then I'll leave. Simple. I'm predicting there wont be enough to make me stay (maybe wait a year until the little story snippets get stacked up and subscribe again for a month to play them all at once) I think I just need some time to let SWtOR die in my heart, to let go. It was hard for me to do with BioWare's single player games, part of me kept thinking "next time will surely be better" but each one was more disappointing and had less of what I liked. ME:A was the first game of theirs that I skipped since my first BioWare game which was KotOR and while it was hard at first, after seeing the footage and reading the reviews I'm glad I did. The announcement of "Anthem" just cemented my resolve to never buy one of their single player games again. It's much easier since they seem to be putting SP RPGs aside in favor of action games with RPG elements or straight up multiplayer action games and neither of those things interest me. Sadly for me there are ever fewer companies making games that appeal to me and the older I get, the pickier I get. BioWare and Bethesda have both turned away from what I like (Bethesda only for one game so we'll see if that changes). The only games I'm looking forward to are Detroit: Become Human and Cyberpunk 2077 and who knows when those will come out? I've been gaming for about 30 years but I think it's almost time for me to get out of it. It's just not for me anymore. I'll go until this console generation dies out and then let that be that, no more games. :(

I'm trying the former. I'll be sad if you all decide the later because I'll be sad to see vocal pro-Theron Shan fans leave SWTOR. But it's the only way I see us going forward.

I've been thinking of making a webcomic novelization type of thing about my sith inquisitor which would obviously have Theron in it, maybe I'll post it here if I ever make it (that is if non-subscribers can post?) :D

To attempt to stay on topic I have doodled you guys a thing lol http://i.imgur.com/PATbO9q.png

I've been thinking of making a webcomic novelization type of thing about my sith inquisitor which would obviously have Theron in it, maybe I'll post it here if I ever make it (that is if non-subscribers can post?) :D

To attempt to stay on topic I have doodled you guys a thing lol http://i.imgur.com/PATbO9q.png

Only people with an active subscription can post on this forum, sadly.

I agree with you about how swtor has had such a sudden shift in focus from story for the first time. Even the expansions that had operations release with or around them have a decent non-crippled storyline, for expansions, this sudden no more story focus I'm not sure is flying very well, I've seen more people leave due to Iokath then did in the 2 years with KotFE/KotET . The guild I'm in is now dead, when it boomed in activity over the past 2 years.

Awesome sketch! xD

Only people with an active subscription can post on this forum, sadly.

I agree with you about how swtor has had such a sudden shift in focus from story for the first time. Even the expansions that had operations release with or around them have a decent non-crippled storyline, for expansions, this sudden no more story focus I'm not sure is flying very well, I've seen more people leave due to Iokath then did in the 2 years with KotFE/KotET . The guild I'm in is now dead, when it boomed in activity over the past 2 years.

Awesome sketch! xD

The inability to post thing sucks but oh well. I guess everything ends eventually and it's been a great 6 years. Better to fall out of love with it and leave on my own than straggling along hoping for scraps of story until the game is eventually shut down as all MMOs one day will.