So is there any point to playing mirrored classes anymore with the new xpac?

mmmbuddah

Pretty straight forward question. If we are going to have cross faction everything with this new expansion and the story line will be the same for all characters regardless of advanced class, will there be any point in playing the mirrored classes anymore? For example, I play commando and vg on rep side and merc and pt on imp side so I can do raids with both my rep guild and imp guild.Will all the effort I put into the mirrored classes be for nothing? Or will there be some slight differences in the story to make it worth while? Edited by mmmbuddah

Pretty straight forward question. If we are going to have cross faction everything with this new expansion and the story line will be the same for all characters regardless of advanced class, will there be any point in playing the mirrored classes anymore? For example, I play commando and vg on rep side and merc and pt on imp side so I can do raids with both my rep guild and imp guild.Will all the effort I put into the mirrored classes be for nothing? Or will there be some slight differences in the story to make it worth while?

I mean at the very least there's going to have to be some differing conversations with your various companions when and if you choose to get them all back.

Are you asking if your two troopers will have different story? Or if it is going to be different from that of your hunters?

If the first, then the answer should be obvious. Did they have different story in vanilla game? No. So they probably will have very similar story.

If the second, then we can only speculate, as we still do not know jack about how the story will work. There will probably be differences, different factions could react different to what you did during story or who you are (ie, LS Hunter will have easier time getting Mandos to join, etc), your old companions will be more likely to join up, etc.

Edited by Aries_cz

If you actually care about the story, of course they matter. All of the story up until now from your starter world to Ziost, hasn't been removed from the game's canon. All of that is still part of your character's history and is supposed to inform you as to who exactly your character is to you. Even if my smuggler and agent are going through the same storyline in KFE, they won't go through it the same way. It would feel unnatural for me to pick the same decisions or to react in conversations the same way, because for me, they're two very different characters.

Ultimately, whether or not this will be a big success will rest on BioWare's ability to actually keep their "decisions will matter" promise for the very first time. If they can't keep that promise, then the new expansion will gain the same reception that Mass Effect 3 got.

Edited by HaoZhao

Ultimately, whether or not this will be a big success will rest on BioWare's ability to actually keep their "decisions will matter" promise for the very first time. If they can't keep that promise, then the new expansion will gain the same reception that Mass Effect 3 got.

I think BW will be quite happy if KotFE gets the "one 5min scene away from perfect RPG" reception. :p

If the story is indeed different between my troopers and bounty hunters, then I guess it will have been worth it. But what about operations? It seems republic will be playing with empire players after the new xpac, and all the work i put into my bh will have been pointless if i can use my commando to play the operations with the other guild :/.

Are you asking if your two troopers will have different story? Or if it is going to be different from that of your hunters?

If the first, then the answer should be obvious. Did they have different story in vanilla game? No. So they probably will have very similar story.

If the second, then we can only speculate, as we still do not know jack about how the story will work. There will probably be differences, different factions could react different to what you did during story or who you are (ie, LS Hunter will have easier time getting Mandos to join, etc), your old companions will be more likely to join up, etc.

It's more of the second. Plus worries about cross faction ops.

If the story is indeed different between my troopers and bounty hunters, then I guess it will have been worth it. But what about operations? It seems republic will be playing with empire players after the new xpac, and all the work i put into my bh will have been pointless if i can use my commando to play the operations with the other guild :/.

There has been almost no actual indication of joining up with opposite faction for Operations or anything. So until there is some actual confirmation, just assume that factions will remain separate like they are now.

I think BW will be quite happy if KotFE gets the "one 5min scene away from perfect RPG" reception. :p

Maybe it'll be so happy that both founders of the company will resign in disgrace? Oh, wait, I guess they can't do that a second time. Well, maybe someone else will resign in disgrace. :rolleyes:

It's more of the second. Plus worries about cross faction ops.

If the stated intention holds true, then the story between classes is going to be different. They are not removing classes, and Outlander is not a new class (probably). The basic premise might be the same (hero of great war frozen and awakened years later), but the galaxy should react to what you do or did (like I said with the Mando example).

Maybe it'll be so happy that both founders of the company will resign in disgrace? Oh, wait, I guess they can't do that a second time. Well, maybe someone else will resign in disgrace. :rolleyes:

They didn't resign in disgrace, they both decided that they don't really need to hear all these drama queens who didn't get their happy ending, so they decided to do something more calmer, like brewing beer.

They didn't resign in disgrace, they both decided that they don't really need to hear all these drama queens who didn't get their happy ending, so they decided to do something more calmer, like brewing beer.

Yeah, that's how people resign in disgrace. No one resigns after a massive failure and says "we screwed up. It's our fault and not yours." That doesn't happen in the corporate world anymore. They resigned because they made promises, couldn't keep them, and generated months of straight, bad press for their bosses at EA. Let's make something clear here. No one at BioWare ever paid because of the broken promises they made for Mass Effect 3. The people who suffered were EA employees and executives at the main office. Of course they had to resign in disgrace. Were they going to stay around so EA could clean up the next promise they break? Saying anything to the tune of "I've decided to leave politics to spend time with my family" after a massive scandal doesn't fool anyone. (Well, it shouldn't fool anyone...)

There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. When you pretend that the people who oversaw the development of ME3 (a game where NONE of your choices had ANY impact on the ending) are immune to criticism, you've stopped being a fan and have devolved into a fanboy.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic. Let's get back to talking about classes and the expansion.

Edited by HaoZhao

The doctors indeed left due to poor game showing, it just wasn't ME3 that you decided to blast for some reason.

It was in fact TOR that cost them/made them hang it up since they were involved with this particular project. I believe Casey Hudson presided over the ME3 ending controversy and then took charge of ME:A develpoment for a couple of years till last year he decided to leave.

So again, if KotFE gets the ME3 reception, I think Jeff Hickman si going to be licking his fingers.

Edited by aeterno

" Play one of eight class stories enhanced to offer a deeper, more accessible experience purely focused on immersing you in a personal Star Wars story. "

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-189

From that line alone it seems like there will be a reason to place each class out.

During the conference, I heard him say that, but it sounded like he was referring to whatever revamp they have for the vanilla story. The page you pulled from does seem to indicate that it favors your interpretation. I hope it does.