Okay... So SWTOR is back to sub only?

Devrius

"9. What if I unsubscribe from Star Wars: The Old Republic after October?

If you unsubscribe after October 27, 2015, you will keep the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but will not receive any additional Chapters when they are released."

So as far as we know the only way to get the new content is to sub.

Not sure how I feel about that.

If you unsubscribe after October 27, 2015, you will keep the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but will not receive any additional Chapters when they are released."

no offense, but personally f2p should be <50 if you do not want to sub at that point stop playing. Or wait 6months/year before it goes "free'

i always find it funny when a new expansion is coming or what have you and people get all up in a bunch about every single little word that is typed about it. why not just calm down and wait and see what happens instead of trying to predict everything and getting all stressed about it.

no offense, but personally f2p should be <50 if you do not want to sub at that point stop playing. Or wait 6months/year before it goes "free'

I was more worried about not being aale to buy the chapters for my Preferred friends actually, not F2P players.

I believe it's fair to pay for a game. The people who make this game also have families to take care of and I never was a fan of f2p. I know it had to be done to save the game in the first year but it was a necessary evil.

Getting the first 50 levels for free is a lot for free in my view. I am happy that being subbed will mean more again. It just shows that the game is rewarding the people who pay for this game...and make no mistake, subs also spend a lot in the cartel market. This is just customer loyalty towards those who are loyal subscribers.

When people have a problem with that, I have a problem with them. We all want to get paid for our jobs and so do BW. I think with what they are doing the game will take a big step forward and they know they'll have to make it worth it for people. And this looks like it will be totally worth it to me.

I believe it's fair to pay for a game. The people who make this game also have families to take care of and I never was a fan of f2p. I know it had to be done to save the game in the first year but it was a necessary evil.

Getting the first 50 levels for free is a lot for free in my view. I am happy that being subbed will mean more again. It just shows that the game is rewarding the people who pay for this game...and make no mistake, subs also spend a lot in the cartel market. This is just customer loyalty towards those who are loyal subscribers.

When people have a problem with that, I have a problem with them. We all want to get paid for our jobs and so do BW. I think with what they are doing the game will take a big step forward and they know they'll have to make it worth it for people. And this looks like it will be totally worth it to me.

My only problem, if you read my above response is being able to pay more money then my sub to buy the expansion and the following chapters for a friend, not how this should be free or what not.

My only problem, if you read my above response is being able to pay more money then my sub to buy the expansion and the following chapters for a friend, not how this should be free or what not.

Then buy them a time card, and they get it as part of the sub. (You can send them the code in a mail or text)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Gotta love them free-loaders. Wanting all the bells and whistles without paying....

Its $15 a month people. I legitimately feel bad for some of you that like the game enough to play it every month but refuse to pay a sub fee.

Edited by SOULCASTER

This is to counteract people like me who only sub when there is new story content available.

Money is tight right now, so I'm really hoping that I'll be able to afford staying subbed. :(

Set aside 30 dollars and some tax change every 2 months and only use it for 60-Day Time cards. You don't have to worry about being over charged at the wrong time.

Set aside 30 dollars and some tax change every 2 months and only use it for 60-Day Time cards. You don't have to worry about being over charged at the wrong time.

Unemployment and huge medical bills have a way of taking away everything... :(

Agreed... We pay to support development while these F2P QQ how it's not fair that they don't get the same content... Put your hand in your pocket and pay the $15 a month instead of buying something else like Mc Donald's... Even if you don't have a job, it is only $3.46 a week... Surely you can find that somewhere... If you really can't find it somewhere... Well you should expect that you won't get what subscribers get... You get what you pay for...

Then buy them a time card, and they get it as part of the sub. (You can send them the code in a mail or text)

I thought about it, problem is he can't set specific time aside to play the game I usually just buy him the latest expansion as part of his birthday gift.

P.S. To all the blind people bringing F2P into this, I'm wondering if they'll have a CC way to buy the chapters, not asking to make them free, learn to read...

Well buy him a sub or time cards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.