Fix your lore!

Reiles_Cole

Well, would you look at that, Consular and Guardian were canonized. But considering this

"It should be noted that even though Jedi Guardians concentrated most on combat and lightsaber mastery, some Guardians were naturally so strong in the Force that they had Force ability to the degree of the Jedi Consulars. Examples include Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Luke Skywalker. Likewise, certain Consulars were skilled enough with the lightsaber to fight on par with Guardians such as Yoda, Shaak Ti and Kit Fisto." Pretty much the entire Jedi cast of the movies.

So essentially there's no difference between them since they seem to be able to do the same as one another.

Edited by Darth-Rion

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the fact it's stuck to canon/movies/other lore. Will you just stop trying so hard to prove ME wrong and accept what I'm saying. I don't even see why you'd hate to be called a weapons master in a lightsaber combatants advanced style anyway.

The Jedi Sentinel article has one minor paragraph from the EU. The rest is KOTOR and SWTOR.

I don't accept things blindly.

Are you sure?

The use of the term Jedi Sentinel, first introduced in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as one of the Jedi starting classes, was solely created for the game, and has only recently appeared in the pen and paper Saga Edition of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game as a Talent Tree for the Jedi class

Yes. I am pretty sure.

Well, would you look at that, Consular and Guardian were canonized. But considering this

"It should be noted that even though Jedi Guardians concentrated most on combat and lightsaber mastery, some Guardians were naturally so strong in the Force that they had Force ability to the degree of the Jedi Consulars. Examples include Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Luke Skywalker. Likewise, certain Consulars were skilled enough with the lightsaber to fight on par with Guardians such as Yoda, Shaak Ti and Kit Fisto."

So essentially there's no difference between them since they seem to be able to do the same as one another.

"SOME guardians"

which was edited to fit SWTOR lore base like everything else in wookieepedia dedicated to SWTOR.

I was saying are you sure you don't accept things "blindly"

I am positive.

The point I am making is that all you are trying to do is say that KOTOR should be considered higher lore than SWTOR. It's a pointless argument to make. No changes required.

/thread

which was edited to fit SWTOR lore base like everything else in wookieepedia dedicated to SWTOR.

I was saying are you sure you don't accept things "blindly"

It was edited to fit because it's now what is correct for this game / time period.

And SOME Guardians being more than half the cast of the Jedi in the movies while the remaining were Consulars who could fight on par with the Guardians.

You do realise that SWTOR has built on and expanded the lore itself. Such that it spawned its own comics and novels building the EU further, and influencing other works like Dawn of the Jedi, the zombie series of novels, Knight Errant, and more. To dismiss it as "lore-breaking" is well...wrong and speaks to the head-canon you've invented.

They're not going to change the game to your personal proclivities, and are not wrong for not doing so. Again, as something that is now independent and distinct, sitting outside of canon, it really only has to be internally consistent. It's all right if you don't like it because it doesn't fit your own personal view that everything has to adhere to how it was in KOTOR or how you interpret the Darth Plagueis novel, but, again, it's your hang-up not an error on SWTOR's part.

It was edited to fit because it's now what is correct for this game / time period.

And SOME Guardians being more than half the cast of the Jedi in the movies while the remaining were Consulars who could fight on par with the Guardians.

wrong some as in the specified FEW with the consulars like Yoda being a very rare thing

I am positive.

The point I am making is that all you are trying to do is say that KOTOR should be considered higher lore than SWTOR. It's a pointless argument to make. No changes required.

/thread

KOTOR was the original lore. They changed it messing up the class based on the fact rank is knight, not class.

You do realise that SWTOR has built on and expanded the lore itself. Such that it spawned its own comics and novels building the EU further, and influencing other works like Dawn of the Jedi, the zombie series of novels, Knight Errant, and more. To dismiss it as "lore-breaking" is well...wrong and speaks to the head-canon you've invented.

They're not going to change the game to your personal proclivities, and are not wrong for not doing so. Again, as something that is now independent and distinct, sitting outside of canon, it really only has to be internally consistent. It's all right if you don't like it because it doesn't fit your own personal view that everything has to adhere to how it was in KOTOR or how you interpret the Darth Plagueis novel, but, again, it's your hang-up not an error on SWTOR's part.

Quoted for Truth, Justice and my getting the hell out of here because the OP is just grasping and starting to bother me with his stubbornness.

Quoted for Truth, Justice and my getting the hell out of here because the OP is just grasping and starting to bother me with his stubbornness.

no you are leaving cause I've proven my point and the guy you quote is one of your "headcanon" fanon buddies

Edited by Reiles_Cole

no you are leaving cause I've proven my point and the guy you quote is one of your "headcanon" fanon buddies

You get this one last post outta me and I'm gone. I'm not leaving because you've proven anything. I'm leaving because you're an idiot. You are essentially one of those crazy people you see in the street standing on a box, holding "that book" and shouting at random passers by that "things are wrong!" followed by quotes (at least they can give quotes.)

Things change. Most of us don't like change and try to cling to what we know and love. But eventually you need to suck it up, man / woman up and move with the times. They are not going to change it, nor should they because hey, Bioware made the story in the first place, it's up to them if they want to change it... and they did.

Also, I don't know who that guy is, I've never spoken to him in my life or on this forum. I don't think this has anything to do with "headcannon", it's just you clinging to two games that are long since passed both in real life and in game.

Seeya.

Edited by Darth-Rion

You get this one last post outta me and I'm gone. I'm not leaving because you've proven anything. I'm leaving because you're an idiot. You are essentially one of those crazy people you see in the street standing on a box, holding "that book" and shouting at random passers by that "things are wrong!" followed by quotes (at least they can give quotes.)

Things change. Most of us don't like change and try to cling to what we know and love. But eventually you need to suck it up, man / woman up and move with the times. They are not going to change it, nor should they because hey, Bioware made the story in the first place, it's up to them if they want to change it... and they did.

Also, I don't know who that guy is, I've never spoken to him in my life or on this forum. I don't think this has anything to do with "headcannon", it's just you clinging to two games that are long since passed both in real life and in game.

Seeya.

I gave you plenty I disproved your "proof" I disproved your theory that the classes weren't mentioned in later era's I gave you a link on Guardians which explained all the classes with links of everything else. I've pretty much stood firm and continued to disprove all of you even your headcanon guy. That's a troll

I gave you plenty I disproved your "proof" I disproved your theory that the classes weren't mentioned in later era's I gave you a link on Guardians which explained all the classes with links of everything else. I've pretty much stood firm and continued to disprove all of you even your headcanon guy. That's a troll

Actually, the link to the Jedi Guardians page doesn't prove anything other than an ability of the wookieeditor to fit disparate bits of lore into a wiki entry. If you want to definitively prove that Jedi Guardians, Jedi Consulars, Jedi Weapons Masters, Jedi Down the Street with the Datacron Decrying Free Love, or whatever were mentioned in canonical material, you need to show where they were actually mentioned.

Actually, the link to the Jedi Guardians page doesn't prove anything other than an ability of the wookieeditor to fit disparate bits of lore into a wiki entry. If you want to definitively prove that Jedi Guardians, Jedi Consulars, Jedi Weapons Masters, Jedi Down the Street with the Datacron Decrying Free Love, or whatever were mentioned in canonical material, you need to show where they were actually mentioned.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cin_Drallig/Canon

Then in the legend part it tells you he was the Jedi battle master.

Edited by Reiles_Cole

You linked to another wookieepedia entry, you didn't give sources. Where in the current canon is it that you believe mentions Jedi Guardians, Jedi Consulars, etc.?

I'm done talking to you as well. That WAS Canon. AND I've already given that link to your second question. So again, like that jawa I'm done addressing you.

I'm done talking to you as well. That WAS Canon. AND I've already given that link to your second question. So again, like that jawa I'm done addressing you.

So, you can't cite sources to back up your argumentation?