Plasmatech on HM Commanders

bdatt

I've been farming as tactics, mainly so I can accidentally stand in stupid and take 30% less damage but I'm looking to diversify my play and run plasmatech this lockout. Just looking for tips on target switching mainly.

During boss downtime I'd plan the main single target rotation with all DoTs, trying to spread and hit multiple targets with PC amd ES as often as possible. During add only parts, which aren't really critical, what's your priority? Is plasma cell bleed enough to get the 5% boost to kinetic damage attacks? Ie open on a single add with ion pulse, shockstrike, or ES (if 2+) and move to single target attacks? Maybe use incendiary round + PC but pretty much leave plasmatize on the shelf with multiple adds or just rely on ES and PC for aoe?

Any tips would be great.

I've been farming as tactics, mainly so I can accidentally stand in stupid and take 30% less damage but I'm looking to diversify my play and run plasmatech this lockout. Just looking for tips on target switching mainly.

During boss downtime I'd plan the main single target rotation with all DoTs, trying to spread and hit multiple targets with PC amd ES as often as possible. During add only parts, which aren't really critical, what's your priority? Is plasma cell bleed enough to get the 5% boost to kinetic damage attacks? Ie open on a single add with ion pulse, shockstrike, or ES (if 2+) and move to single target attacks? Maybe use incendiary round + PC but pretty much leave plasmatize on the shelf with multiple adds or just rely on ES and PC for aoe?

Any tips would be great.

How I do it:

SANO

Do the single target rotation on Sano. Depending on how much AoE my team mates are doing, I might swap out Ion Pulse for Explosive Surge, otherwise just aim the pulse cannon to hit adds when possible. Remember to pull outlaws in if standing on the mando door, or mandos if standing on the outlaw door.

DERON

With deron, you want to pull in adds when you can. He does a knockback immediately after the first missile barrage, before jumping towards the center of one of the squares on the Exit side of the room, so activate HtL during the barrage and run to the middle of those squares ready for his jump. Once again, Single target rotation unless you need the extra AoE, in which case you swap Ion Pulse for Explosive Surge

KURSE

He has AoE reduction, just tunnel him, dont bother with pulse cannon because 2x Ion Pulse is better. Sonic Rebounder can be used on his soaring smash to negate the damage to your team mates.

Note if you're the primary source of AoE, ignore this advice and go AoE the adds instead with everyone else tunneling the boss and ignoring their AoE moves - though unless its the final boss of the second phase, no need to have yourself do that because the tanks should have adds under control.

ADDS + NO BOSS

Prioritize:

Incendiary Round on primary target

Pulse Cannon with 2x Stacks

Fire Pulse

Explosive Surge

Mortar Volley (if 2x GCDs available and Plasma Cell was just applied)

Bonus points:

If enough targets, use Plasmatize on one of them. It will act as an unlimited-target AoE burst move as they all get close to dying as it ticks on application, so if they are all in death range from Plasmatize then it can kill all of them instantly. That and +5% damage is nice, and its a cheap move.

FINAL BURN PHASE

Get rid of sano. Pull in adds and use the trash kill rotation while adds are still alive, prioritizing Sano. Keep plasmatize up.

Also taunt sano at the start so you eat one of the kicks and he doesn't run off to kurse.

When sano dies, kill deron. By this point, the adds should be prioritized for Mezzes and mostly ignored, and when they are alive the old sano tank should be handling it. Deron is a lot more annoying in this phase though because the knockback isn't synched up with his jump + missile barrage

Finally, Kurse. Tunnel him down. With him dead, the loot spawns and you dont have to worry about adds anymore. Final clean up is to just spam your AoEs

Additional notes: If nothing is down, use explosive surge as to have a 2x Pulse Cannon slightly earlier.

Best utility set up for this fight depends on how many pulls you have, but I usually run with:

+5m range Ion Pulse/+2m radius explosive surge

+25% Explosive Surge damage

-5 sec HtL/-30 sec Tenacity

Sonic Rebounder

+4 sec HtL

+1 sec to stuns

Ludicrous speed HtL