Deleting my Sentinel, Join Me In Protest

As a strictly PvP I have gave all due diligence into trying to make this class work, in every spec. It is simply warzone fodder.

Since Bioware only uses "data-driven" analytics and does not listen to is players or even play the frickin classes themselves the only way to get their attention is to protest.

It took three healers to keep him alive and the Sorc still beat his DPS.

Madness sorcs beat everyone else in the game's damage when it comes to healer rich stalemates.

Welcome to dotspread fluffing.

EDIT: that sorc had all of 9 kills total. #madness

Edited by Zoom_VI

Madness sorcs beat everyone else in the game's damage when it comes to healer rich stalemates.

Welcome to dotspread fluffing.

EDIT: that sorc had all of 9 kills total. #madness

Madness/Balance uses the same four core abilities as Hatred/Serinity and wouldnt describe them as fluffing people up. And those half dead targets Maraurders go for are softened up for them usually by dot classes.

Even if the entire team was burst youll get very few kills against three healers.

Either way, one seriously unbalanced warzone does not prove Sentinel/Maraurder is viable.

Edited by KevinQCowart

If you really want to make a statement, protest with your wallet. It might not make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, but it will still say more to a developer when subscription rates wane due to their decisions.

I love this game and have played since 1.4, but the recent class choices the devs have made coupled with their utter lack of interest in the player base's hopes and opinions on current and future content have driven me away from the game :(

I will not give this company another cent until they show me they actually deserve it. We as invested customers pay FAR too much money to have warranted the sh*ttastic excuse for PR and class balance we have received in the previous months.

/endrant

Edited by Trogusaurus

If you really want to make a statement, protest with your wallet. It might not make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, but it will still say more to a developer when subscription rates wane due to their decisions.

I love this game and have played since 1.4, but the recent class choices the devs have made coupled with their utter lack of interest in the player base's hopes and opinions on current and future content have driven me away from the game :(

I will not give this company another cent until they show me they actually deserve it. We as invested customers pay FAR too much money to have warranted the sh*ttastic excuse for PR and class balance we have received in the previous months.

/endrant

Pretty much this. The only language they really understand is money and when the revenue goes down they get yelled at to fix it by their superiors. The devs can have whatever vision they want but if people quit paying things will change.

As a strictly PvP I have gave all due diligence into trying to make this class work, in every spec. It is simply warzone fodder.

Since Bioware only uses "data-driven" analytics and does not listen to is players or even play the frickin classes themselves the only way to get their attention is to protest.

I am not deleteing anything for anybody. If you don't like it, don't play it. If you don't find it fun anymore, unsub and play another mmo, or whatever that knocks you out. Simples.

pvp = when u play in normal team 2 tanks + healer with gaurd + dps meelee mara with gaurd other sorcs dps and assassin pt etc so it is ok depends team marauder/ sentinel awesome dps realy best of all it is not assassin but he dont use dots he is clear meele dps with normal cd and no op but he still very good. advice u need premade team to safe you if u alive u do ok if u knwo rotation u do ok no lags ! FOR THE MARAUDER ! we are AWESOME :D

pvp = when u play in normal team 2 tanks + healer with gaurd + dps meelee mara with gaurd other sorcs dps and assassin pt etc so it is ok depends team marauder/ sentinel awesome dps realy best of all it is not assassin but he dont use dots he is clear meele dps with normal cd and no op but he still very good. advice u need premade team to safe you if u alive u do ok if u knwo rotation u do ok no lags ! FOR THE MARAUDER ! we are AWESOME :D

Are you the Jee'zee that uses speedhacks in huttball?

Think a few will hoping this Sentinel deletes his too:
:cool:

The players that he managed to kill look like they're worse than me...

Even in they're own words

I do nothing spectacular skillwise during this run

Also Regs, with three buddies... two of which are clearly healers.

Um l2p. Sure the mobility sucks a bit but the dmg output is good.

+1

A good mara/sent can put anyone on their backfoot. I was in a match with another sentinel earlier and I was using targets target (or w/e you call it) and we were nuking virtually everyone we hit.

Still... WTB movement immunity.

So when the class gets buffed to meet your expectations, then what? You've deleted it.

Its been over half a year now since 3.0 hit and sin/sorc/pt are still the fotm classes. They had plenty of data from season four to address these issues and have basically just sat on their hands. Even worst Eric stated in interviews that snipers and marauders are performing well! working as intended.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Its been over half a year now since 3.0 hit and sin/sorc/pt are still the fotm classes. They had plenty of data from season four to address these issues and have basically just sat on their hands. Even worst Eric stated in interviews that snipers and marauders are performing well! working as intended.

Sents/Maras have had far longer than "over half a year" as the OP, fotm, class and in every spec. All classes go through it. It's nothing new and exclusive to Swtor.

You also didn't answer my question.

Edited by Couver
typo

But I like my sentinel? The new concentration discipline is what encouraged me to pick the Sentinel up, and honestly I'm having a lot more fun than I did my guardian. Second favorite, right after my Engineer Sniper.

I wouldn't mind if Bioware would buff the class a bit more just to be on par with DPS guardian, I'm not 60 yet, but I can see how Sentinels might fall a bit short. Or at least fix the weird Slash animation bug because it's really awkward having the damage dealt like 1 second after I use the spell :confused:

I'm going to unsub until they fix Annihilation, been playing since beta, pure PVE, the state it is in now is so very boring to play, underperforimg compared to other classes and simply hardly viable, and the devs just wouldn't listen to the community feedback even from the most respected players out there. Although I don't have much hope that this kind of stick and no carrot can make those stubborn BW donkeys move in the right direction. Might just as well make them move sideways to the cliff on a mountain road to an epic fall down, as the changes they introduced in 3.2.1 have demonstrated. I would actually pay some reasonable amount to have them reverse Anni to 2.10 - as a carrot :-) Edited by Kadra

So I don't do ranked on my mara so that part of end game doesn't weigh on my opinion of maras, but in reg warzones maras are a blast for me. Sure they aren't op, but they can do well in the hands of someone who knows how to play well. Sometimes it will just suck, but that can be true for any class and has more to do with team comp and skill than maras suckiness.

I'm a long time operative veteran and had a mara in the high 40s for the longest time cause I just didn't feel like leveling him. But I got kinda bored with my other classes and decided to level my mara back up after 3.0 hit. In the last month or so mara has went from my least played class to my second favorite class (op is still fav). I was expecting torture in every warzone on my mara from all the complaints I've read. I know they have gotten some help recently, but there are still a lot of complaints about them. Not saying they couldn't use more help, but they are amazingly fun in reg warzones at end game. I've had so much fun on it that I leveled a sentinel with the 12x xp so I could play it on pub side too.

So go ahead and delete your mara. I've made a mara and a sent, and even more on other servers to make up for your deleted mara. The meta changes every so often. Maras won't always be in the bottom.

TL;DR Maras are very fun in regs....I don't understand why someone would delete them. I don't know about ranked for maras, but they do just fine in regs. I just wish I had leveled up my maras and sents earlier.