Why are trolls now celebrated when they used to be chastised?

Lhancelot

The most common trolls I see love to wear near-naked clothing apparel on their male body type 4 toons constantly yelling "FU" and other oddly simple curse words, much to the glee of his followers on Fleet, who like a chorus begin copying the exact same stupid phrases the troll uses. Weird.

Nevermind his /general chat is nothing but bigoted attacks on different races, religions, sexualities, etc. You'd think this guy was some kind of genius the way he is imitated and cheered on by some vocal players on Fleet!

It's just surreal to me. What has happened to people of the past, who were joking and friendly, and who looked down upon hate-filled, angry diatribe in chat channels? How is this stuff funny or even clever? Why do we now celebrate these idiots when before, they were frowned upon and reviled?

The most common trolls I see love to wear near-naked clothing apparel on their male body type 4 toons constantly yelling "FU" and other oddly simple curse words, much to the glee of his followers on Fleet, who like a chorus begin copying the exact same stupid phrases the troll uses. Weird.

Nevermind his /general chat is nothing but bigoted attacks on different races, religions, sexualities, etc. You'd think this guy was some kind of genius the way he is imitated and cheered on by some vocal players on Fleet!

It's just surreal to me. What has happened to people of the past, who were joking and friendly, and who looked down upon hate-filled, angry diatribe in chat channels? How is this stuff funny or even clever? Why do we now celebrate these idiots when before, they were frowned upon and reviled?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're talking about Woogie.

it was probably because bioware got rid of 8s.

:rak_01::rak_01::rak_01::rak_01:

Harbinger, eh. I know what you are referring to. I just ignored a handful of characters and things really settled down.

Well, it's not just Harbinger. In general, you see this stuff pretty frequently. I suppose Ebon Hawk is decent they don't have open trolling like some of the other busier servers.

TEH just has a ton of drama behind the scenes particularly in the pvp scene. Which is counterproductive for an already small scene that would benefit from positive attitudes and not the negative ones that seem to be more common there.

I was just feeling melancholy this morning when I reflected on the state of the modern MMO and how different the players seem to behave now though.

Sometimes it's hard not to get dragged into some of the grime. I feel dirty now time to take a shower. :p

I've honestly wondered pretty much the same thing.

Why in the world do people even put up with him?! He's cheered on, talked about, etc...like some sort of celebrity when he's just like you put it a troll. Short & simple. (Not including he's been racist lately too.) I don't understand how he's not been banned yet.