Can we bring back 'Recruit' Gear?

SOULCASTER

not even remotely true. it's incredibly easy to go into a WZ with 170+ pve gear and get no appreciable expertise. incredibly easy to not wear the right gear. you either already know, know somebody who knows, or you're reading the forums, at which point you'd be in the minority that "already know." entering WZs atm with pve gear is very gimmicky.

"no appreciable expertise" is still better than them vendoring the recruit gear and going in with 0 expertise. Also 170 PvE isn't all that bad, 178s are around 1800 expertise if I recall correctly. It's the 198+ that gets you into trouble

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"no appreciable expertise" is still better than them vendoring the recruit gear and going in with 0 expertise. Also 170 PvE isn't all that bad, 178s are around 1800 expertise if I recall correctly. It's the 198+ that gets you into trouble

yes. it does scale. if you want dummy proof, you give full exp and nerf pve gear from there.

huh? I wasn't asking about scaling nor was I asking about anything.

the ongoing conversation is bolster vs. recruit gear. bolster's advantage is that it's supposedly idiot-proof (which was your point a few posts ago). I'm simply saying that bolster could be idiot proof, but it's not. it's pointlessly convoluted.

the yes. it does scale part was just me agreeing with you.

Edited by foxmob

the ongoing conversation is bolster vs. recruit gear. bolster's advantage is that it's supposedly idiot-proof (which was your point a few posts ago). I'm simply saying that bolster could be idiot proof, but it's not. it's pointlessly convoluted.

the yes. it does scale part was just me agreeing with you.

Sure bolster isn't idiot proof, but it is idiot resistant. Recruit gear on the other had is completely defenseless against idiots.

Sure bolster isn't idiot proof, but it is idiot resistant. Recruit gear on the other had is completely defenseless against idiots.

Unless you stop them from queuing without it. But it has other downsides. You'd have to make it orange so that you can pull mods and augment.