The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

the power of fear

Sadishist

We all know Sith use emotions such as rage. How about fear? Fear is your body's way of warning you of a danger, whether real or perceived, and it is what keeps you alive. I think fear would be more useful than rage to draw upon.

Yes. Sith in TOR especially are always going on about fear. Choice quote:

Andronikos: Hey Sith, you ever get scared?

Inquisitor: Of course. a sith's strength is emotion. I draw power from my own fear and that of others.

I see the Sith feeding off of others fears to fuel their own emotions. They invoke fear to ignite contempt, rage or hatred for something weaker than them.

Their own fear keeps them in check with their own Sith Masters until they feel an opportunity has arisen to strike them down.

I see a fear/contempt for the Master towards the apprentice. Fearing the killing blow, but feeling contempt that their apprentices who aren't making the attempt.

I see the Sith feeding off of others fears to fuel their own emotions. They invoke fear to ignite contempt, rage or hatred for something weaker than them.

Their own fear keeps them in check with their own Sith Masters until they feel an opportunity has arisen to strike them down.

I see a fear/contempt for the Master towards the apprentice. Fearing the killing blow, but feeling contempt that their apprentices who aren't making the attempt.

Yes and also Force-user aside, fear of life/failure is a good source of motivation and keeps you from doing something stupid. Vader and Palp believed they could rule by making others fear them, yet the fear makes those others stronger by giving them motivation, Force-user or not. Need a balance of fear and courage, not too little fear and too much courage so you won't be reckless or vice versa, they keep each other in check. As long as you fear the right things, and not some nonsense phobia of an unreal danger.

Rage is a good motivator when you need brute strength, but it also makes you stupid and reckless. Think fear is better to draw on, though feeling fear itself is uncomfortable.

On the downside of drawing on fear for power, if you stop fearing your opponent you become weaker.

Edited by Sadishist