Question to Star Parse

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a possibly dumb question, could someone explain the raid challenges to me?

And could there be an option to compare two parselogs? I realy would like that instead of swítching tabs to compare apm, ability usage and so on^^

Also a possibly dumb question, could someone explain the raid challenges to me?

And could there be an option to compare two parselogs? I realy would like that instead of swítching tabs to compare apm, ability usage and so on^^

Raid-challenge is most often a phase where there is a real dps-check, as in the last phase in HM Revan or last phase in cora/ruugar HM. There is also a challenge on Torque where you pop up if you have put som dmg on a repair-droid.

And as far as i know there are only a challenges on: Brontes, Raptus, Council, Torque, Cora and Revan.

Edited by myspersson

• 1 month later...
I think the current rating is per class/spec but not for role, right? Seems like our sage healer is doing less healing but has higher rating than commando, probably because there are more commando healers doing HM?

I think the current rating is per class/spec but not for role, right? Seems like our sage healer is doing less healing but has higher rating than commando, probably because there are more commando healers doing HM?

A question 1st.

Are you counting in the absorbing per second from your sageheals? Forcearmor doesnt get classified as a heal and will be quite often around 300-400 absorbtion per second. Your sage healer might be less bad than you might think.

It shouldnt matter how many people are playing a class in HM. The only thing you could theorise is that overall the commando class has more skilled persons and therefore more competition? Not saying this is happening, just a means to explain the reasoning.

• 3 months later...

So I noticed the other day that there is a HOT overlay for starparse. Two questions,

1) how do you use this? it covers up the raid frame so clicking on raid members to target them for heals doesn't work.

2) Is it supposed to be functional right now? When I try it, only a few of the names of group members appear, and when they do, nothing happens when I put a HoT on them, SOMETIMES I see a small green square in the field but that is it.

Thanks! This would be an insanely cool and helpful feature if it worked how I think it is supposed to.

Hey there,

the HOT overlay requires few manual steps before a raid as described here: http://ixparse.com/features/#hots-overlay

The grid you mention will dissappear once you "Lock overlays" (via the Interface menu or even a hotkey if you set it up in Settings->Overlays), but prior to that yo need to hot the players you want to track, so their names appear on the grid & can be moved around to match their respective frames.

Hope that clears things up!

Hey there,

the HOT overlay requires few manual steps before a raid as described here: http://ixparse.com/features/#hots-overlay

The grid you mention will dissappear once you "Lock overlays" (via the Interface menu or even a hotkey if you set it up in Settings->Overlays), but prior to that yo need to hot the players you want to track, so their names appear on the grid & can be moved around to match their respective frames.

Hope that clears things up!

Awesome! That is seriously an amazing feature. Even though it's a short HoT, is Rejuvenate not able to be added to that list?

• 1 month later...

I found something I think nobody had been thinking about before : Languages.

I mean, it is still possible to play SWTOR in other languages han English - and that includes the combat log.

As I looked at my most recent comnbat log, I found that everything was translated there as well.

Which means that StarParse won't be usable for players who play SWTOR in another language than English, I fear.

Since the English-language assets would consume so much HD space, I'm not going to switch into English-language SWTOR. It is big enough in 1 language, I simply don't want more HD space to be taken away.

I found something I think nobody had been thinking about before : Languages.

I mean, it is still possible to play SWTOR in other languages han English - and that includes the combat log.

As I looked at my most recent comnbat log, I found that everything was translated there as well.

Which means that StarParse won't be usable for players who play SWTOR in another language than English, I fear.

Since the English-language assets would consume so much HD space, I'm not going to switch into English-language SWTOR. It is big enough in 1 language, I simply don't want more HD space to be taken away.

Hey there, StarParse works just fine for German and French players, as the calculations are based on IDs, which are the same for all versions; the only difference is that the abilities and such are displayed in the respective language, nothing else changes.

I have Windows XP, just downloaded the latest version of Java, and before that the 32-bit version of Star Parse from the web site, but it always says that StarParse.EXE "is not a valid Win32 application".

However, it works as intended when I'm starting the starwearse-launcher.jar file directly.

Strange.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hey, there is indeed a pending issue with Windows XP builds as the initial launcher EXE does not support them, yet the tool itself does (as you discovered yourself by running the JAR file directly).

Until the issue is resolved, you are free to use your method by running the launcher JAR directly (then you need to have a supported Java 8 version installed in your OS), or you can use the following BAT file:

http://ixparse.com/dl/starparse.bat

The BAT assumes the default installation path (C:/ drive etc), so if it does not work, try to move it to the StarParse directory (next to "starparse-launcher.jar") and run it from there.

I have Windows XP, just downloaded the latest version of Java, and before that the 32-bit version of Star Parse from the web site, but it always says that StarParse.EXE "is not a valid Win32 application".

However, it works as intended when I'm starting the starwearse-launcher.jar file directly.

Strange.

Err, you might want to upgrade to a version of Windows that is not EOL. lol.

You don't need to tell me that XP is old. I do know that myself, but as long as I'm cautious, I can still live with that.

With that PC don't visit web pages apart from this and a few forums anymore anyway.

I'm one of the few who know what they are doing - and know the risks. By applying a few hard rules, I can minimize the risk - although I do know that there'll never be 100 % safety.

Win 7 is planned ( I already have a new particion for that ), but I want it as an parallel install, since I still want to play older games. I don't trust that Win XP emulation inside of Win7. My wish is to even get an Win98SE installation running one day, but I fear that I'm out of luck with that because of too modern hardware ...

Anyway thanks, I'll try out that .BAT file. :)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Okay, next problem ... The menu doesn't work anymore for me.

I could load a file when I tried it you by using the .jar file directly when I posted abbout it, but now, it doesn't do anything when I click on any menu bar entry, when launched vvia .BAT file, or via the .jar file directly ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hey, has it just randomly stopped working or has StarParse updated itself? Are you using enlarged Windows font size (125%, 150% etc) by any chance?

I have already received few similar reports over the last year, they usually fixed themselves by graphic drivers update, computer restarts/windows updates installations etc (e.g. it appears to be very random and tied to the OS).

In any case, I will be happy to help you further (most efficient way is via a TeamViewer session), please contact me via email (displayed on ixparse.com and my twitter feed).

Is it possible to create a timer triggered by 2 things ? By that I mean, for my infiltration shadow I made a timer where clairvoyante strike starts a countdown for my claivoyance stacks and each new clairvoyante strike refresh it. But since whirling blow also stacks clairvoyance, I had to create an other timer and it doens't refresh my 1st timer since it's not the same one. I'd like to be able to have one timer refreshed by either clairvoyante strike or whirling blow. Maybe I was wrong to use "ability usage" for my countdown, but "effect gained" doesn't seem to be refreshed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what had happened, but it works again.

I'm still a complete Newbie to parsing - how do I know whether my damage is good ? I mean, I don't OPs & FPs right now, but during the Gree Event I did that H4 with my Commando, which went to level 55 only today ...

Do I have to participate in one of the OPs listed on the web site if I want to learn how good or how bad I am ?

I don't know what had happened, but it works again.

I'm still a complete Newbie to parsing - how do I know whether my damage is good ? I mean, I don't OPs & FPs right now, but during the Gree Event I did that H4 with my Commando, which went to level 55 only today ...

Do I have to participate in one of the OPs listed on the web site if I want to learn how good or how bad I am ?

My recommendation is to start with using it simply to increase your own damage output.

In other words, compare it to your own previous parses. If it goes up, you're getting better.

The first time I ever used a parser, I was just running around Black Hole doing dailies. As I went from mob to mob, I would try different things and see what affect it would have on my damage output.

Edited by Khevar

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to parsing also.

Is there a way to parse all the information during a flashpoint? Or, is it for people to join a raid group, share all the log information, and have it displayed on the interfaces.

I'll admit, I'm more used to how the combat loggers in WoW work.