New Anni is Awesome in PVP

For starters, this is geared toward pvp. I rarely pve and I change it up by going carnage if I do so. That being said, I am rather enjoying the changes for anni in pvp. More survivability, more heals, and greater learning curve for priority playing. Win, win, win imo. I know everyone has been upset over the changes, but I honestly think they are great. I have done a ton of parsing before and after this update and the dps loss has been about 100, not 300 as I have heard others say. Sure, it may require changing up things for priority vs set rotation, but I love that about it (plus pvp is always priority thinking). I also like dot spread mechanic. I am sorry to those who want the spec to be back to high single target, I know it can be frustrating to have a beloved spec changed. However, there are many pros here including allowing all 3 specs to get all 3 defensive forms.....I mean why wouldn't you. Totally floored that people have complained about this. 15% mvmt speed, 2% dmg reduction,, and 5% internal and elemental reduction for all 3 specs is baller! Edited by babygotmoreback
Clarification

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try it out. I've seen your sent in action and you really seem to know what you are doing, so that really means something to me. Thanks for the report. Edited by teclado

You're right. The defensive increase of playing a sentinel has gone up. Period. Added especially to Watchman tree because the self-heals when you manage to spread to a group.

The problem? A jug now does more DPS and still has more survability. Somehow I don't think much was accomplished. The problem is that Bioware has believed that this was a DPS INCREASE to our class/spec and it is NOT. In PvP or PvE. The burn spreads aren't even as effective because spreading Cauterize is close to pointless and Force Melt now does less damage and ticks for a shorter duration than it did before.

It feels a little more like the old watchman spec because of the cauterize wearing off shortly, there's room to re-apply it. Except unlike prior to 3.0, reapplying cauterize leads to DPS loss, not gain.

I'm not saying I hate it. I'm saying that sentinels/marauders are not working as intended. There's no new potential from the watchman spec. Not unless you're going to find 4 people to stand still and wait for you to use 3 GCDs to burn them all.

Tip: Only terrible players allow you to do this.

On a side note, I'm not sure why people complain about Watchman spec in PvE. I still far exceed the DPS checks even with the nerf. Not the point, though. Mandos, Mercs, and Slingers are all vastly preferred and do even more damage. On my server, there's a gunslinger hitting for 16k often and clearing 2mil damage in 5-10 warzones.

I mean why wouldn't you. Totally floored that people have complained about this. 15% mvmt speed, 2% dmg reduction,, and 5% internal and elemental reduction for all 3 specs is baller!

It IS a nerf for Combat/Carnage (you lose the 15 % move speed and you have to use a masterful utility to get it back, while previously you just have to use a skillful utility for that) and Annihilation/Watchman (lose 5 % internal and elemental damage reduction and if you want them back you have to use get another utility), the only disc which is not affected by this is Concentration/Fury.

The complaint is legitimate, because they did bad changes in our utility system, example :

all disc which have a movement speed increase in their disc have them on the skillful level (shadow/*** , smuggler/operative, vanguard/powertech), sentinel/marauder is the only disc which have it on the masterful utility, and don't tell me it is good because it is bind to force camouflage, good for you if you use it, but I and many other Sent/Mara don't care about this utility and which to have it back on the skillful level, like all the utility like this.

You don't lose the mvmt speed in combat/carnage. Just talent it. TBH I always took phantom anyway, I don't find any other talent more worthwhile in that tier, esp now (well other than defensive roll). That being said, it wouldn't be bad to move it down a tier. Edited by babygotmoreback

I easily do more damage and die less on both my assassin and juggernaut. I have more CC immunity in both and the dots I spread actually do more than tickle and they are monumentally easier to spread. In anni I have to get my 6 second dot on them, rush into a cluster with no CC immunity and get off a 5m radius attack. On my sin I throw two dots on from range and spread it to half the team with a 10m radius attack. On my juggernaut I jump in with immunity and spread it with a no rage attack that does more damage than smash.

They simply don't know what to do with this class. They're oddly afraid to make it overpowered while throwing massive buffs to other classes like its nothing.

Edited by Stanimir

Despite the fact that dot spread and survivability is easier on other classes, the improved survivability is a step in the right direction. I personally do like the challenge. Perhaps that is why I prefer the class over others. Give it a go in pvp. I think some will find there were some positive changes. I'm not saying everything is perfect; I'm saying the world for maras isn't falling apart and I am finding the changes to be a plus rather than a negative.

You don't lose the mvmt speed in combat/carnage. Just talent it. TBH I always took phantom anyway, I don't find any other talent more worthwhile in that tier, esp now (well other than defensive roll). That being said, it wouldn't be bad to move it down a tier.

Well before 3.2.1 i have both the centering while damage and the movement speed bonus for 1 utility point, since 3.2.1 if i want to have both i have to use 2 utility point

no matter what you say or how you look a it, it IS a loss, if you like the phantom utility nice, but this is not the case of all mara/sent, and as i said previously, it IS poorly design, all disciplin which have a movement speed increase have them on the skillful level, we are the only one which have it on the masterfull level.

Bad design is bad, no matter what you can say

You don't lose the mvmt speed in combat/carnage. Just talent it. TBH I always took phantom anyway, I don't find any other talent more worthwhile in that tier, esp now (well other than defensive roll). That being said, it wouldn't be bad to move it down a tier.

Lmao.If you always take phantom for pvp then you are doing it wrong!

And yes,you lose movement speed as combat.Other talents are far more important,phantom is a useless utility.

Lmao.If you always take phantom for pvp then you are doing it wrong!

And yes,you lose movement speed as combat.Other talents are far more important,phantom is a useless utility.

With all do respect, taking phantom is wise for a number of reasons. Camouflage is one of our best CDs by far and on a lower global cool down than most. That extra 2 seconds and mvmt speed can be used to keep you out of the line of fire while healers heal you up. It can be used as a gap closer for a ranged target. It means you getting the med pack in a war zone rather than someone else. It can get you out of trouble in so many ways. I don't know how many times in ranked and regs I have used it to get away and watched my own Anni heals bring me up about 40% health even better if you have a healer to toss some heals your way. It's one thing to have a different play style, but to say it is useless is being narrow minded.

Edited by babygotmoreback

I dusted off my Watchman yesterday for a few warzone runs, this is purely anecdotal but I felt strong.

With the right utilities you can provide a 80% speed boost to your party with 33% uptime. That is massive.

Also the selfheals have increased, by my calulation every hit heals for a little under 1% and crits heal for a little over 1% that is a net gain. 2% defensive is welcome as well.

To all the naysays who still think its not enough, let me remind you of how the community has constantly shouted about BW being ham fisted with buffs/nerfs. I think these kind of incremental changes are welcomed.

Also the selfheals have increased, by my calulation every hit heals for a little under 1% and crits heal for a little over 1% that is a net gain. 2% defensive is welcome as well.

The amount of healing done by Watchman's self heals is reduced. With Sweep available more often its just easier to dot spread so you can receive heals from multiple targets more often.

The problem is in PVE, when you need the self heals... you often can't have multiple targets dotted. Its nice for when you're playing against bad players in PVP though.

Edited by DuckimusPrime

With all do respect, taking phantom is wise for a number of reasons. Camouflage is one of our best CDs by far and on a lower global cool down than most. That extra 2 seconds and mvmt speed can be used to keep you out of the line of fire while healers heal you up. It can be used as a gap closer for a ranged target. It means you getting the med pack in a war zone rather than someone else. It can get you out of trouble in so many ways. I don't know how many times in ranked and regs I have used it to get away and watched my own Anni heals bring me up about 40% health even better if you have a healer to toss some heals your way. It's one thing to have a different play style, but to say it is useless is being narrow minded.

This right here. Numerous uses for phantom especially if you couple it with expunging camo. Besides I have found that it's the non-Mara/Sents that want us to take relentless than us Mara/Sents anyways. I'm keeping defensive roll and Phantom myself. I get enough fury as it is.

Edited by Ld-Siris

You guys are totally missing the point. Sentinels wear medium armor and have the longest defensive cooldowns in the game.

It's super clear there is more survability. The problem is something with TWO LIGHTSABERS shouldn't be doing less damage than a class with ONE. Watchman/Anni has long been the spec that had the absolutely highest damage output vs every other class/spec and now it is somewhere near the bottom.

Being grateful doesn't make you cool. I'm not saying it's right for people to whine and cry about it, but it is clear that it is not working as intended. Furthermore, it is not a L2P issue.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say everything is perfect I do agree that my mara feels stronger in PvP. The utilities are starting to feel like there are some worthwhile options to pick from. Saw a lot of maras and sents in wzs trying out Anni/watchman yesterday and I see this as a good thing. I personally love phantom, even before it also granted my fury mara the movement speed I used to get only in carnage. If the devs can find a way to replace the lost dps for the PvE annihilation players then they will have actually done something good for the class. I am happy with how the class feels in pvp

I played anni before this recent nerf, it's aoe damage is slightly better but overall harder to keep dots on people so it ends up being less damage. Just like pve parses I am around 200-300 dps lower per game now. My healing is up slightly but not enough to keep me alive much longer. Utility changes are all terrible accept for the undying one. Overall I am not happy with the changes. It is still way off the mark that sin sorc pt and jug set. Any of you that think different are deluded by bw propaganda. I played anni in pvp forever ( since launch) and it has not recovered since the 2% heal nerf. Not sure what the devs are smoking but I could use some... Edited by Lafay

Hahaha all this crying is ridiculus, what a bunch of whiners flocking this forum. Ppl saying this is a nerf for pvp is either very bad or they dosent know what they talking about. The utility changes is a really good step in the right direction and if u r not seeing this then perhaps it is a L2P issue. Nothing wrong with being bad at a game, the problem with u cry-guys is that u dont realize it for yourselvs. GL :D

Sent / Marauder gets buff, not enough, gets more buffs, still not enough, gets the most buffs out of all the classes since 3.0 hits, still not enough. When will it be enough, when you are back at the top of the food chain in uber FOTM status? Seriously. Get off your high horses.

Hahaha all this crying is ridiculus, what a bunch of whiners flocking this forum. Ppl saying this is a nerf for pvp is either very bad or they dosent know what they talking about. The utility changes is a really good step in the right direction and if u r not seeing this then perhaps it is a L2P issue. Nothing wrong with being bad at a game, the problem with u cry-guys is that u dont realize it for yourselvs. GL :D

This guy gets it.