alert for new players

NateCrazy

Dont bother playing mercenary or commando if you want to play competitive pvp. Untill their survivability is addressed its a waste of your time.

Roll an assassin/ shadow

Sage/sorc

Either one for an overpowered easy mode stress free time.

There is no stress free or easy experience in PvP. At least there is no magical class. There are players that make some classes seem like unstoppable, and there are players who can get by on a class that clicks for them... and very few at all succeed in the competitive PvP. Look, I understand that Mercenaries/Commandos have a very devoted player group that want to play them and have problems in the ranked. It has been expressed numerous times. If you wish to go over it one more time, please, do so. But there is no need to disguise it as an 'advice' to new players. It does no good for new folks whatsoever.

There is no stress free or easy experience in PvP. At least there is no magical class. There are players that make some classes seem like unstoppable, and there are players who can get by on a class that clicks for them... and very few at all succeed in the competitive PvP. Look, I understand that Mercenaries/Commandos have a very devoted player group that want to play them and have problems in the ranked. It has been expressed numerous times. If you wish to go over it one more time, please, do so. But there is no need to disguise it as an 'advice' to new players. It does no good for new folks whatsoever.

I don't know. I think sorcs seem pretty magical most of the time, and sins definitely perform magically even in the most average of hands! PTs? Fairly magical still, even after SC was nerfed. Juggs are getting more magical by the patches too, yeah Juggs are reaching the very magical point. I have got to disagree with you Domi. There ARE magical classes on SWTOR!

Magical Classes on SWTOR in order of most magical ability:

1. Sins

2. Sorcs

3. PTs

4. Juggs

5. Operatives

6. Snipers

7. Marauders

8. Mercenaries

I don't know. I think sorcs seem pretty magical most of the time, and sins definitely perform magically even in the most average of hands! PTs? Fairly magical still, even after SC was nerfed. Juggs are getting more magical by the patches too, yeah Juggs are reaching the very magical point. I have got to disagree with you Domi. There ARE magical classes on SWTOR!

You forgot Unicorns and Fairies !

Magical Classes on SWTOR in order of most magical ability:

1. Sins

2. Sorcs

3. PTs

4. Juggs

5. Operatives

6. Snipers

7. Marauders

8. Mercenaries

i'd rather play a marauder than a sniper in 60 pvp these days. :mad:

I actually think that merc/mando is quite good in 8v8 and teams 4v4. It's just solo ranked where the class has a bad time. The same can be said for sniper/gunslinger, mara/sent. I also think that if merc/mando was a more popular class, there would be a lot of people complaining about electro net. If timed properly, you can take away a sorc/sage force barrier, a stealther's ability to use combat stealth, etc.

Hmmm... It was fun getting curb stomped by a 4 player pre-made of Mara's yesterday.

Despite being one of the "worst" classes in PVP, these guys did pretty damn good together, which just convinces me that it's 'mostly' about teamwork and less about 'class'.

I don't think anyone is currently a fan of the current solo make-up being primarily 4 dps vs. 4 dps. If the system had a better way to put together more varied combinations that included tanks and healers (*cough* *cough* cross server *cough*), then we wouldn't need to give every class defenses to withstand 4 coordinating dps classes blowing all their cooldowns to burn down one player. Edited by TheJollyRogers