Could we please get an item that disables ALL exp?

TheBBP

I'm almost certain someone at BW talked about wanting to halt leveling, (they said it more like you'd be able to freeze your level or something like that) or that they were planning on doing such a thing. I think it was in a livestream like 6+ months ago.

By no means does that mean it will actually happen assuming I'm not completely wrong on my recollection.

I'd like to run the content on, or even under level. The most satisfaction I had playing my first character was the bonus missions on Nar Shadaa, which I started immediately after completing my class missions. I didn't realise I was under-levelled and seriously under equipped at first, and thoroughly enjoyed the actual difficulty of that series. I actually had to use tactics and think about what I was doing, as opposed to charging blindly in.

Then do quests in starter gear, or naked aside from the minimum gear required to use various skills. Or do them without a companion. Or no class buffs. Or any or all of the above. If you want "challenge" (although why anyone would play an MMO for challenge is beyond me), you can gimp your character in ways to increase your "challenge."

Only when you are 7 levels over and so overpower your opposition that you're effectively in god-mode anyway.

I'd like to run the content on, or even under level. The most satisfaction I had playing my first character was the bonus missions on Nar Shadaa, which I started immediately after completing my class missions. I didn't realise I was under-levelled and seriously under equipped at first, and thoroughly enjoyed the actual difficulty of that series. I actually had to use tactics and think about what I was doing, as opposed to charging blindly in.

Implying any PVEencounter in this game is challenging or behind a skillgate.

Not going to happen.

The lvl 55-59 players who have augmented full old 55 PVP gear will completely ruin that bracket more than they already do. Besides, the entire point of playing the game is progress.

So have the use of such a token or whatever also grant a week long ban from warzones.

And no, the point of playing the game isn't progress. The point is to have fun.

Then do quests in starter gear, or naked aside from the minimum gear required to use various skills. Or do them without a companion."

I've done all that in other games, and somewhat in this one - My Trooper started Makeb in level 43 gear... Though I admit I did quickly upgrade the weapon and chestpiece due to the jump in difficulty from 50 to 51. But an experience freeze would be a much more elegant solution.

I've done all that in other games, and somewhat in this one - My Trooper started Makeb in level 43 gear... Though I admit I did quickly upgrade the weapon and chestpiece due to the jump in difficulty from 50 to 51. But an experience freeze would be a much more elegant solution.

And lead to the PvP shenanigans noted by others. So don't expect to ever see an XP halter in TOR.

And lead to the PvP shenanigans noted by others. So don't expect to ever see an XP halter in TOR.

Read my suggestion in the post above, where use of such a lock would also lock out PvP for a week.

But you're right, a few people would exploit such, so none of use can have it. Ahh well.

So have the use of such a token or whatever also grant a week long ban from warzones.

And no, the point of playing the game isn't progress. The point is to have fun..

Many people level by doing PVP, they would be very upset that they are being discriminated against if only PVE got what you wanted. And, the PVP people are very loud, that is why our classes get nerfed constantly...

Wrong. PART of the game is for fun, the rest is to PROGRESS and level, having fun doing it. Otherwise there wouldn't be levels would there? Explain how you would keep fighting enemies 6+ levels ahead of you when you stopped leveling up? Not going to happen. You would have to turn the XP back on in order to be able to play, otherwise you would just keep dying because of enemies being many levels ahead of you continually. It would just get worse as you progressed eventually not able to do anything. By the time you turned XP back on you would't be able to do anything.

Furthermore, if you wanted to stop XP you "could" get to the end of the game and be level 15 and not be able to do anything. How would you do ops, FP, dailies at lvl 15 when they would all be lvl 50-60 content? :rolleyes: And, how would you get any XP when you can't do any of the said content to get any?

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hi,

I think a variation of the White Acute Module that allowed players to reduce XP gain to thier tastes would be a great idea. We already know just from the way that XP boosts and the White Module work that Bioware can target particular activities with boosts and 'reducers', so players trolling PvP with 'permanent lowbies' could very easily be prevented :)

For example:

Grey Acute Module - Reduces all XP gain by 25% (Excluding WZ XP)

Black Acute module - Reduces all XP gain by 50% (Excluding WZ XP)

I'd love something along those lines personally, it would allow me to do exactly the content I want to do, in exactly the way I want to do it, and have no impact whatsoever on any other player.

As it is, I use the white Acute Module, do all story and side quests, but by default, I abandon all bonus parts of quests, never do heroics, FP's or wz's. If and when I feel that i want to gain a little more XP, i then go do a couple of Heroics or something. After which I go back to just story and side quests.

Allowing me to reduce my XP by 25% or 50% would actually mean that I played more of the game content at a level that still had some challenge to it.

Just my thoughts on this

:)

P.S. Just popped this into the suggestion box forum also. You never know, maybe it'll happen :eek:

Edited by jojobanutz

That would be good to go for me. Heck, I'd accept being locked out of FPs as well. It would just be great to be able to halt XP from time to time to enjoy the game at a slower pace.

And no, the point of playing the game isn't progress. The point is to have fun.

That would be a meaningless gesture, since most people have alts, they can stagger it. The only waymfor it to even remotely work is to be banned from pvp period while it is active.

Black Acute Module

:sy_auction:0 Credits

Bound to Legacy

Requires Subscription Status

Use: Disables experience gains from all sources except for Warzones while active. Duration: 8 hours.

Seems like the way to go.

Edited by DarthDymond

Thank you so much for the White Acute Module. I do not have any more characters that I need to rush through and I appreciate the option to steer clear of the 12x XP bonus while those who enjoy it get to continue doing so.

I would REALLY like a device or toggle that turns off all experience when we want to. Between Starfighter, PVP and regular questing, we outlevel and trivialize content rather quickly. It would be nice to be able to pause exp gain while we enjoy all of the game if we choose to.

Yeah that wouldn't end baddly with twinks in PvP.... thats why they had planned it in beta then killed it before the patch launch.