Kaggath tournament & faction discussion thread

LadyKulvax

Members maybe? Also what mercenaries aside from Jango?

Also implying that mercenaries can't just be that good, when they can be.

Where do you want to compare the members, since then all you're saying is the Clone Wars era Jedi are better because they have more information.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you want to compare the members, since then all you're saying is the Clone Wars era Jedi are better because they have more information.

Isn't that kind of the point? More information= More clear indication of what someone or something, a group or organization is capable of.

Sorry that I don't just take one single quote and run with it concerning this, I like to have much more information.

But I apologies as this is treading into off topic and not related to the topic at hand, so we can just move on.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Isn't that kind of the point? More information= More clear indication of what someone or something, a group or organization is capable of.

Sorry that I don't just take one single quote and run with it concerning this, I like to have much more information.

Well no, it's not. You're trying to argue that your opinion on which order is better is more important than a sourcebook which knowingly and purposefully places the era you prefer in second place.

Well no, it's not. You're trying to argue that your opinion on which order is better is more important than a sourcebook which knowingly and purposefully places the era you prefer in second place.

I hardly prefer the PT era, I'm more the GCW era.

Also it's not my opinion when there's more information compared to the one quote from 1 sourcebook that one can look at. It would be my opinion if there wasn't any other information, but I'm not using my opinion. I'm using the information and going off of that. I really wouldn't care if the Kotor era was better, but 1 quote alone for me doesn't make it so.

But anyway lets just move on, I didn't mean for this to tread into off topic.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I hardly prefer the PT era, I'm more the GCW era.

Also it's not my opinion when there's more information compared to the one quote from 1 sourcebook that one can look at. It would be my opinion if there wasn't any other information, but I'm not using my opinion. I'm using the information and going off of that.

But anyway lets just move on, I didn't mean for this to tread into off topic.

Nah, this thread's pretty random anyway.

Ok, Compare the information we have on the top Jedi. Remove Yoda/Windu/Anakin and Revan/Surik from the equation. Great's don't count towards the total order's prime. If you look at the Jedi Council's of these era's, the best lightsaber duelists in the Prequel Trilogy are Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto and Obi Wan. Shaak Ti and Kenobi mastered two forms each, Kit Fisto only one. Compare that the the Kotor Era, Atris who mastered a minimum of 5, and Zez-Kai-El, Kavar and Vrook all mastering 4 each.

This from an order (PT) who specialized in dueling.

Compare the force abilities of the rank and file Jedi, PT Jedi have shown honestly nothing noteworthy in regards to the force, where Jedi Guardians in the Kotor Era were taught Sever Force as a standard. That's supposedly one of the most masterful abilities of the Light Side. And again, the Order's skill in battle against the Mandalorians is even more proof.

Disclaimer: This is in no way a Beniboybling sanctioned thread and no one is required to partake in it.

In the spirit of friendship, or rather as a way to take the chaos out of actual kaggath matches to create a thread where we show our future Kaggath ideas in the open and bounce ideas off of each other in a non-competitive and friendly manner, with that being said I will start off with the faction idea I have had:

Epoch of Terror

Leadership:

Head of State: Darth Jadus

Second-in-Command: Keeper, Minister of Intelligence

Allies: Hk-47* & Hand of Jadus**

Supplier: Schism Collective

Organisation: Imperial Intelligence***

Military:

Minor Ground Force: Hex Droids****

Minor Ground Force: Hk-51 Army

------------------------------------------------------

Minor Naval Force: Crystal Stealth Armada

Minor Naval Force: Imperial Intelligence prototype fleet

Planets:

Capital World: Emperor's Space Station

Stronghold: Sebaddon

Stronghold: The Foundry

Organization World: Nar Shaddaa

*Hk-47 has been programmed to serve Darth Jadus and the rest of leadership.

**Cipher Nine, the Hand of Jadus.

***Imperial Intelligence of the Sith Empire

****Hex Droids have been programmed to serve Darth Jadus and the rest of leadership.

What is the Crystal Stealth Armada? Cant find it on Wookiee.

Aside from that this is probably my favorite of those posted yet. :D

Ok, Compare the information we have on the top Jedi. Remove Yoda/Windu/Anakin and Revan/Surik from the equation. Great's don't count towards the total order's prime. If you look at the Jedi Council's of these era's, the best lightsaber duelists in the Prequel Trilogy are Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto and Obi Wan. Shaak Ti and Kenobi mastered two forms each, Kit Fisto only one. Compare that the the Kotor Era, Atris who mastered a minimum of 5, and Zez-Kai-El, Kavar and Vrook all mastering 4 each.

Compare the force abilities of the rank and file Jedi, PT Jedi have shown honestly nothing noteworthy in regards to the force, where Jedi Guardians in the Kotor Era were taught Sever Force as a standard. That's supposedly one of the most masterful abilities of the Light Side. And again, the Order's skill in battle against the Mandalorians is even more proof.

You're forgetting others like Cin, Sora and so on who mastered more than 1 form. Although just because someone mastered more than 1 or 2 forms, doesn't mean they would be better than those who solely focus on 1 form. Also there are far greater duelists than just 3 in the PT era.

Where it is said that Sever Force was a standard? Although that seems more like something that was needed, if it was a standard it's not like others later on wouldn't be able to also use it, they just never had a need.

Also Mandos aren't exactly impressive in the PT era either, you had random Jedi also cutting down Mandos with ease really.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Just three, Sel? :/

No secret that the factions I have thought up for classic mode are... well, terrible. :rolleyes: But full of flavor dang it! :D

Alliance of Native People of the Free Galaxy

Leadership:

Head of State: Boba Fett

Second-in-Command: Captain Tarpal

Allies: Chew'bacca & URoRRuR'R'R

Supplier: Mandel'Motors

Supplier: Kilik Hives (from swarm war)

Military:

Minor Ground Force: Grand Gungan Army

Minor Ground Force: Tusken Raiders

------------------------------------------------------

Major Naval Force: Mandalorian Fleet

planets unknown:

Let the laughter ensue. :(

What about that other faction you had? It had Rohm Mohc and the Arc Hammer among other things.

Just three, Sel? :/

Well I could name more among the council who's limited mastery confuses me. Eeth Koth, Plo Koon, Adi Galia breaks the mould by mastering two. I'd say Unduli but according to the Clone Wars adventures she didn't even master Soresu.

Point is, you can't just say they're the greatest in history because they have more information, because what information we can compare they aren't actually superior in.

Well I could name more among the council who's limited mastery confuses me. Eeth Koth, Plo Koon, Adi Galia breaks the mould by mastering two. I'd say Unduli but according to the Clone Wars adventures she didn't even master Soresu.

Point is, you can't just say they're the greatest in history because they have more information, because what information we can compare they aren't actually superior in.

Mastering more than 1 form, doesn't mean one is superior to another.

Mastering more than 1 form, doesn't mean one is superior to another.

Not necessarily, but again, when it's one of the few areas we can compare them, why not?

Either way, I'm busy right now but once I'm done with this blog I'll start looking for quotes on average Kotor Jedi.

Not necessarily, but again, when it's one of the few areas we can compare them, why not?

Either way, I'm busy right now but once I'm done with this blog I'll start looking for quotes on average Kotor Jedi.

Let's just move on, I really didn't want this to drag into a thread that has nothing to do with what this is. I should have just bit my tongue.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Oh also, I've done a U-Turn on my Surik respect thread. I think I've come up with a far more interesting idea, it should be up in about an hour. I'm in chat :p

Oh, sounds cool! I've got class so I'll have to check it out when that's done.

Alright, how about this:?

The Dominion of the Dragon

Head of state: Darth Krayt Reborn

Second in Command: Grand Moff Kilran

Allies: Darth Nihl and IG-88 (not sure on both of them)

Ground Forces: Sith Troopers (One Sith) would those be major or minor ground forces?

Navy: Sith Trooper Fleet (the fleet that Krayt reveals towards the end of the Legacy series, I dont think that it has a name)

Supplier: KDY

Capital world: Korriban

Stronghold world: Bastion

Supply world: Kuat

Thats all I can think of for now.

Edited by raandomname

Ok, so here's that Surik thread for anyone interested. Focusing on her feats, nothing about her own mastery of force powers or Saber Styles, merely dispelling the illusion that she is featless, or that those she faced were. I hope you enjoy :o

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/selenial/blog/an-in-depth-look-at-meetra-surik/105112/

While it wasn't what I expected (style-wise, NOT quality-wise), it is an excellent thread. Definitely gave me a greater appreciation for Meetra's lesser known feats, especially for Visas. Since I haven't played cut-content, this was a learning experience for me.

Awesome work, Sel!

While it wasn't what I expected (style-wise, NOT quality-wise), it is an excellent thread. Definitely gave me a greater appreciation for Meetra's lesser known feats, especially for Visas. Since I haven't played cut-content, this was a learning experience for me.

Awesome work, Sel!

I'm still debating the standard respect thread.

After Nova added to his I feel though that what little I could do to improve it isn't worth it, I'll just PM him suggestions. I just felt after that KMC argument, a collation of reasons why her feats were impressive and not against fearless people was needed...

After Nova added to his I feel though that what little I could do to improve it isn't worth it, I'll just PM him suggestions. I just felt after that KMC argument, a collation of reasons why her feats were impressive and not against fearless people was needed...

Both accounts are fair. I think this was needed. Most of the time, from what I've seen, all that really gets pulled up is the Malachor feat. It's impressive, but we shouldn't restrict ourselves to a single feat, you know? :p

Now, if one was to construct a respect thread for Trench, Desann, or the Inquisitorius who has source books on them... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZLkBznAijk

Both accounts are fair. I think this was needed. Most of the time, from what I've seen, all that really gets pulled up is the Malachor feat. It's impressive, but we shouldn't restrict ourselves to a single feat, you know? :p

Indeed! But that's not even the worst part, it's that the feat is usually "She killed Traya on a Nexus, das cool I guess, but...." instead of "She killed Darth Traya on a nexus, after slaying dozens of Mutated SithSpawn, their pseudo-chieftan who could kill an armored warrior in 3 strikes, a legion of elite Sith assassins who gained ranks based on how many Jedi they killed followed by the most famed Jedi Killer 4 times in single combat. All while on a Dark Side nexus that crushed every cell of her being"

It saddens me.

Also Sil, they don't really have enough information :( I am compiling things for a leadership argument though...

Indeed! But that's not even the worst part, it's that the feat is usually "She killed Traya on a Nexus, das cool I guess, but...." instead of "She killed Darth Traya on a nexus, after slaying dozens of Mutated SithSpawn, their pseudo-chieftan who could kill an armored warrior in 3 strikes, a legion of elite Sith assassins who gained ranks based on how many Jedi they killed followed by the most famed Jedi Killer 4 times in single combat. All while on a Dark Side nexus that crushed every cell of her being"

It saddens me.

Also Sil, they don't really have enough information :( I am compiling things for a leadership argument though...

Insane. I understand how you feel, Sel.