The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II, starts on June 20th

t-darko

They kind of had alluded to back to the Ryloth arc back in TCW series, aside from the Clones of course. For one minute, I jumped to the conclusion that maybe she was that little girl who couldn't speak basic and kept some "Neiwa" and led the clones back to save the hostages. :rolleyes: Realized it was too a big of a stretch though. :D

But I did learn she was the daughter of that Freedom Fighter that teamed up with Mace. I take it that was covered in that prequel book to Rebels "A New Dawn"?

Edited by Nickious

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I did see a few guys get holes punched in them, multiple baddies get blown up and Vegita got a hole shot through his heart ( He did come back though)

Yeah ppl die in DBZ, whether or not they stayed dead is another story. The English versions toned down the violence a bit too. Any back I missed the rebels episode, I'll have to catch it

Edited by MASOLIZ

Yeah ppl does in DBZ, whether or not they stayed dead is another story. The English versions toned down the violence a bit too. Any back I missed the rebels episode, I'll have to catch it

Rebels has nothing on cell drinking people dry from a needle in his tail. That being said a maturity contest doesn't do anything for this debate.

I'm not sure how I feel about how heavily Rebels is actually skewing back towards being a continuation of the Clone Wars. Bringing back Ahsoka is one thing, but two episodes later we see Rex, and now they seem to be following the Clone Wars format of having mini-arcs over a couple episodes.

Also, I kind of have to chuckle at using 'violent death' as the go-to metric of how "mature" a show is. Having a flashback to the mentality of '90s comic books here.

I'm not sure how I feel about how heavily Rebels is actually skewing back towards being a continuation of the Clone Wars. Bringing back Ahsoka is one thing, but two episodes later we see Rex, and now they seem to be following the Clone Wars format of having mini-arcs over a couple episodes.

I still think Rebels is its own thing, and I don't think I'd call it a continuation of the Clone Wars. Ahsoka has appeared for two episodes? Three? Rex and Co. have already said they're not joining the Rebellion. So we'll get one more episode maybe?

Hondo is going to make an appearance, but beyond guest starring, the stories have all been about the Ghost Crew.

We'll see, but I have a feeling that's not the case.

-----------------------------

And we have some Clone Troopers training Stormtroopers apparently; at least at some time after the Clone Wars.

Makes sense I suppose.

4:23

Edited by CaulderBenson

And we have some Clone Troopers training Stormtroopers apparently; at least at some time after the Clone Wars.

Makes sense I suppose.

4:23

See then this further makes the whole Clones > Storms thing completely off base, because if Stormtroopers are being trained by former Clones, then at best the Storms should be = to Clones. ....Just as they were in Legends(although I think the Storms had it more brutal than the Clones imo).

See then this further makes the whole Clones > Storms thing completely off base, because if Stormtroopers are being trained by former Clones, then at best the Storms should be = to Clones. ....Just as they were in Legends(although I think the Storms had it more brutal than the Clones imo).

I wouldn't put too much stock into that statement, at least in regards to being a standard. I took it to mean that in the very early days of the Empire you had *some* clone instructors. The Empire spanned the galaxy, so I imagine there were many places where they had normal instructors, and eventually the clones were phased out altogether.

I found that tidbit interesting more in regards to the clones' post war fate, and the early state of the Empire; not necessarily in regards to stormtroopers themselves. For instance during the original trilogy era, I don't believe you'd be seeing any clone influence on stormtroopers at all.

At least I didn't. :)

Edited by CaulderBenson

I wouldn't put too much stock into that statement, at least in regards to being a standard. I took it to mean that in the very early days of the Empire you had *some* clone instructors. The Empire spanned the galaxy, so I imagine there were many places where they had normal instructors, and eventually the clones were phased out altogether.

I found that tidbit interesting more in regards to the clones' post war fate, and the early state of the Empire; not necessarily in regards to stormtroopers themselves. For instance during the original trilogy era, I don't believe you'd be seeing any clone influence on stormtroopers at all.

At least I didn't. :)

Well that's cause the Clones came after the OT. :p

But while true the early days, it's not like the later instructors couldn't continue on from that either....or base their training off the Clones went through....or just make up their own harsher and more refined training considering different techniques.

But I digress, we shall see what comes where in the future of this new canon.

I'd also point out it depends how long they spent training and what they're taught. Think about Navy Seals. They spend a long time training before they become official navy seals. It requires months of testing/training. If a navy seal teaches a boot camp for two weeks those soldiers aren't going to be equal to the seals. Not saying the disparity of the clones is equal to a navy seal but just throwing that out there. Not only that but the clones were cloned from Jango. They have his genetics, his build, and his potential. The average non-clone recruit isn't going to learn as quickly or efficiently.

I'd also point out it depends how long they spent training and what they're taught. Think about Navy Seals. They spend a long time training before they become official navy seals. It requires months of testing/training. If a navy seal teaches a boot camp for two weeks those soldiers aren't going to be equal to the seals. Not saying the disparity of the clones is equal to a navy seal but just throwing that out there. Not only that but the clones were cloned from Jango. They have his genetics, his build, and his potential. The average non-clone recruit isn't going to learn as quickly or efficiently.

Well this is true, however as per Legends Stormtroopers underwent hardcore, brutal/legendary training for 2 years after their 1st year of Army Trooper training which the Army training is pretty hardcore too, ontop of this they did this on a high gravity world to strengthen their bodies and ontop of this....only the best actually become Stormtroopers(which only the best Army Troopers even went to Stormtrooper training). The instructors literally didn't give two *****, nor did they allow any help, those that died? Well **** them.

So the Clones being clones of Jango and having his build, as I see it is negligible for those reasons. They'd all be at least peak human. You can only train so much before the amount of time training, becomes pointless.

Of course now this could be changed in the new canon, but we'll see though I don't see much difference between the two physical wise comparing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But while true the early days, it's not like the later instructors couldn't continue on from that either....or base their training off the Clones went through....or just make up their own harsher and more refined training considering different techniques.

To be sure. Like I said, I don't think that statement reflects on stormtroopers, just a nice footnote to the clones' post war fate.

You said this:

or just make up their own harsher and more refined training considering different techniques

In particular the bolded part is important. Let's remember, the clones were the good guys. They were essentially slaves born to fight and die in a war they had no say in.

In many ways, they're victims.

Stormtroopers are not.

In regards to their training, it makes sense that in some respects stormtroopers have more harsh and brutal training because of the Empire's needs.

Stormtroopers are volunteers. Despite some of them having noble intentions being patriotic, many are ordered to do brutal and evil in the service of the Empire.

The Empire likes bullies and thugs, in addition to soldiers. In point of fact, as I'm sure you know, there are several Legend stories where many stormtroopers are bullies, attempted rapists, and psychopaths.

It makes sense to me that their training would be different.

I'll stop there though. I think we're threadjacking a bit at this point. :)

Edited by CaulderBenson

But the next part of it looks to be much better, we get AT-ATs!

Oh yes. I had almost forgotten. You watched the Season 2 trailer I posted a few pages back?

It had an Interdictor Cruiser in it! That's the first canon depiction to my knowledge. That's exciting, particularly in light of what it can potentially lead to.

Edited by CaulderBenson

It had an Interdictor Cruiser in it! That's the first canon depiction to my knowledge. That's exciting, particularly in light of what it can potentially lead to.

Probably the first on-screen depiction, but the Interdictor Cruisers (and specifically the Immobilizer 418 class) have shown up in the new Canon's Heir to the Jedi and I believe they may have gotten a mention in Tarkin as well.

Edited by DarthDymond

Probably the first on-screen depiction, but the Interdictor Cruisers (and specifically the Immobilizer 418 class) have shown up in the new Canon's Heir to the Jedi and I believe they may have gotten a mention in Tarkin as well.

You're probably right. I haven't read Heir to the Jedi. I barely remember Tarkin aside from the Vader and Palpatine bits.

Seeing them on screen is still cool though. :)

Hmm - just watched the episode, I stated early on that one need to take Rebels for what it is, something to attract and recruit a younger audience. That being said I think this episode cater more to us who already are fans. The probe had a distinctive E5 vibe to it.

And as for them making question marks in to exclamations considering the clones and other gaps story wise is really just them learning and listening to us Fans as to the question we had by the announcement of the 30 years gap going into the TFA events, as for the 20 year jump between E3 and E4. If it's what we want it to be is an entirely different question!

So in all an average episode, Kanaan facing old fears and qualms, Ezra getting a glimpse of what Kanaan came from, considering state of mind AND the fact that he acknowledge the fact that he isn't a real Jedi in the traditional sense. Story wise it all sticks and make sense.

Edited by t-darko

I really enjoyed the new star wars cartoon. It was a little on the light side for me, but it made me appreciate the darker moments more. It is a really fun series and I love how its a coming of age story and a family story (with obvious mother, father, little brother, big brother and big sister roles).

I think I liked the previous series more though, rebels is still trying to find its footing. Although with the previous series things seemed out of order and it wasn't until the very end that I realized the clones I had kept seeing were the same ones. xD

And as for them making question marks in to exclamations considering the clones and other gaps story wise is really just them learning and listening to us Fans as to the question we had by the announcement of the 30 years gap going into the TFA events, as for the 20 year jump between E3 and E4.

20 years isn't that long in Star Wars years. Episode I The Phantom Menace is going to be 20 years old in May 2019. Disney will definitely have built their Star Wars attractions in DisneyWorld and DisneyLand. The next US president will be in their last year of office. Edited by Falensawino

Just finished watching S2;(Edit;)episode 3, and am ready to rank it the best episode in the series yet.

Now, now, before we get into the whole Clones vs Stormtrooper argument . . . ;)

I think there were a couple of real good moment, high level nostalgia and corny sentimental, but I liked it, for the first time, on my end, there actually was a feeling, call it Star Warsy or whatever, but TCW Season 5's last episode fade to black flashed by in the end scene of this episode. The execution of Order 66 felt very present in many moments between Rex and Kanaan.

Now this is my point of view . . . what's yours?

Edited by t-darko

2nd part was much better than that fishing episode....although it was really hard for me to suspend disbelief in the episode...I just had a look on my face that said "Really?...." at some points in the episode.

Though the Brother showing up was pretty nice at the end.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

2nd part was much better than that fishing episode....although it was really hard for me to suspend disbelief in the episode...I just had a look on my face that said "Really?...." at some points in the episode.

Though the Brother showing up was pretty nice at the end.

sorry mate, I did this post a little ate - it should say episode 3 - nothing else - just corrected it

Edited by t-darko

sorry mate, I did this post a little ate - it should say episode 3 - nothing else - just corrected it

That's fine, but the episode was a 2nd part to the other one so it's still fine for my post.

Still though my issues on it...

1. The missile launcher and TIE fighter.....the fighter just doesn't even try to move out of the missile's path and just colides with it. There was a significant distance where the TIE fighter's scanners should have picked up on the missile....but no, stupid.

2. AT-TE withstanding multiple hits from AT-AT cannon fire...again...really? So let's get this straight, an AT-AT which can cause explosions just impacting the ground from its cannons, destroy airspeeders and blow giant holes in turrets doesn't just one shot the outdated walker that looks like its barely being held together?

Even barring that, I recall Kallus opting for intensifying forward firepower. Yet....the walker still survived because...why? Maximum firepower from an AT-AT was able to do this with one shot.

https://j.gifs.com/y4kMMj.gif

Yet you'll say Kallus didn't say Maximum firepower, but the point being is....it would still be an increase of power to the cannons regardless.

But ok fine, i'll be good with an AT-TE being able to take a single hit....but multiple hits in the EXACT same spot and still being able to move and fire its main cannon? No...then you have the other AT-AT also blasting at it too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi